• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Nice curves  :D  Seriously though, amazing work  &apls

jdenm8

If you do transit development, the views will come :D

Great pics to see!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Battlecat

I'd like to wish you a belated Happy New Year David!  Glad to see you're back and in full creativity mode! 

Wish I could post more regularly but RL has just been kicking me to the curb on a weekly basis lately.  I really hope I can take the reigns back soon though. 

apeguy

Nice development of the TTR, the STR switch peice is excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Dexter

Great work there David, your attention to detail is amazing if I must say  :thumbsup:
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

bakerton

Great Scotts David, TTR is awesome and I just can't wait for it to be out for all of us to use; but I have to. Anywaylooking forward to more development pictures of TTR on 3RR. David, keep on track (pun fully intended) with TTR and with 3RR and your family. Other note, hope you are dug out from the snow while I am enjoying very mild weather (50 degrees F forcast tomorrow) and absolutly NO SNOW anywhere in Southeast Wisconsin. Have fun my good man. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

mike3775

Quote from: bakerton on January 09, 2012, 03:30:47 PM
Other note, hope you are dug out from the snow while I am enjoying very mild weather (50 degrees F forcast tomorrow) and absolutly NO SNOW anywhere in Southeast Wisconsin. Have fun my good man. JKB

I live in Northwest Indiana and hate huge amounts of snow, but I am sad that so far this winter I have yet to be able to take the snowmobiles out yet.  If I don't get to the end of Feb, its time to put em up for the season and put them back behind the 4 wheelers and dirt bikes again.

I am excited for these new tracks, as many of my 2 line tracks are blood red in my cities and any added capacity will be great

Delecto

I'm not really resident of Canada but instead a Swiss montagnare.  8-) In Switzerland we have a lot of snow and very very cold weather in winter as you can see in the picture below.  ::)

I just want to say that your implication in SimCity 4 is absolutely amazing and of great value!  &apls &apls &apls

Sam.

dedgren

Another TTR switch.

Close in.

I had to redraw the STR 90 degree curve in 512x512 textures, as my ability to do that post-dates the release of single track rail back in 2009.  I will likely go back and take a look at those textures as a result.

...working, working...

UPDATE1:

And another.

UPDATE2:

And another.

UPDATE3:

And a final one before bed.

I think the remaining ones are 4x TTR Switch TTR ortho DTR diag, 4x TTR Switch TTR ortho DTR FAR3, 4x TTR Switch DTR ortho TTR diag, 4x TTR Switch DTR ortho TTR FAR3, 4x TTR Switch ortho diag, and 4x TTR Switch ortho FAR3.  That's what the rest of the week is for.

Another day, another 1,500+ page views.  At this rate, I have no doubt we'll hit a million views by 3RR's sixth birthday.  You folks are, as always, the greatest.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Grneyes

Quote from: Delecto on January 09, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
I'm not really resident of Canada but instead a Swiss montagnare.  8-) In Switzerland we have a lot of snow and very very cold weather in winter as you can see in the picture below.  ::)

I just want to say that your implication in SimCity 4 is absolutely amazing and of great value!  &apls &apls &apls

Sam.

OMG! Is that a road!?!

EDIT:  No, MaryBeth, that's not a road.  That's an experience! -de

j-dub

Is it any less scary during the Summer, surely it's not as bad as this is it?
http://www.youtube.com/v/ByuAXX4gKhE

dedgren

Progress so far today.

I'm going to take a break and go play the game awhile.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mike3775

Quote from: dedgren on January 10, 2012, 11:50:25 AM
Progress so far today.

I'm going to take a break and go play the game awhile.

David

Now that is freaking awesome.  David, you are doing a great job and if IO could give you a Karma point I would

Karma point given on your behalf. - Robin ;)

noahclem

Great to see things moving along!  &apls &apls

I'm eagerly but patiently waiting for a chance to play around with these  ;)

mike3775

Thanks Robin.  David definitely deserves that point, he has done so much these past few days, especially considering how there have been threads about lack of activity and game usage, and here he plugs away showing how much possibilities there still are in this "antique"(my kids friends word for the game  lol) game. 

With multiple tracks like that, it will definitely make STR be used way more from me as well

threestooges

Very nice progress David. My only question regards the STR spurs of the switches. I'm sure you'll take care of it and are likely just using it as a placeholder as you build the variations, but I assume the track ballast will be thinned out around the STR bits before completion, right? Looks a bit funny as it is now. Aside from that, it's all really impressive to see come together.
-Matt

EDIT:  Matt, send me a pic and I'll get on it.  Thanks for giving these a hard look. -de

thundercrack83

Loving every second of this, David! I can see the new horizons on the...horizon!

Dustin

RickD

Wow, that is one massive switch. I am not sure if this would be built in reality but it will be very useful in the game.

EDIT:  Raphael, I have to agree.  It's a compromise between recognizing demand and strict adherence to standards of realism. -de
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

dedgren

It's another 3RR Contest!

Below are the avatars for 19 3RR Regulars*.  They have something in common in that they done something quite unique that involves 3RR.

[tabular type=4]                              
[row] [head colspan=2]
3RR Regulars Who've...
[/head][/row]                              
[row] [head]
[/head] [head]
Nic
[/head] [/row]
[row]   [data]   

[/data]    [data]      [/data]    [/row]   
[row]   [data]   

[/data]    [data]   [/data]    [/row]   
[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[row]   [data]   

[/tabular]

Ooops! Forget to include the nics.  Well, I'll leave that for you folks to do.  First one to match each avatar up in a post gets the usual 3RR fanfare plus a one year subscription (or an extension of a current subscription) to SC4D.  This part should be pretty easy, so I'm not planning to be too helpful with any clues.

But wait, there's more!

The second part of the contest, with the same fanfare and prize, is to tell everyone what these folks have done that brings them together here.  No "hand grenade" close- I'll expect the guess to be pretty much on the nose.  That's quite a little bit harder, but we'll see.

Still working on switches, and gearing up for 900,000 page views.

David

* A 3RR Regular is a marvel to behold in that, lo, she or he has posted at least once over the past five or so years here or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...