• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ursador - Needs your help! ("Updated" 03/15/10)

Started by soulchaser, August 01, 2009, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which suggestion of the Highway is best? (END: 02/28)

A)
B)
C)

soulchaser

So, back to business...votes are over....Water has won.

1 voter for wind, 6 for water and 3 for fossile energy.

If anyone has seen my dam in GRVII - Bordertown,...I will use this one here, too.

detailed replies will follow, I haven't forgotten anyone ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

soulchaser

Sorry, recently RL needs some time, so this update is quite later than it should be and much shorter.

Thanks to all those voters, there will be another interactive update, soon.

Thank you, Maestro444, emgmod, Luke09 and Glowbal for your comments.

And as there are no other suggestions (and no veto ;) ), Alajärvi will be the name of the village south of Maapunainen.

So the DoD found a solution for solving the shortcut in energy in Ursador.
We invited SC4 Tech to build up their dam, as well as their maintenance building, north of Maapunainen. (credits for the bats go to SimGoober and PEG)

It is quite ecological as well as efficient, as far as we now.

I think you can find the dam quite easily on the overview.

The latest developments leaded to specific demands by the local residents. We have some new facilities in Forstgardsplass, next to the old ones.

A: Graveyard
B: Townhall
C: Small Hospital
D: Elementary
E: Church

You might remember this crossing from the last update.

Next steps.....

On the last picture, you see the actual end of the railline, by the freightyard (upper left corner). Some residents, as well as business and industry, recently demand a bigger net of raillines as well as a passenger station in Forstgardsplass. And you'll get an updated map as well.

That's what you'll see next, as soon as possible. I promise ;)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention: do you want to see some special places you're interested in? just tell me :)

Recently Iced

danielcote

I like how you described all of the places, I'd like to see more of that. I also like the way you built the town and the farmlands as always.  :thumbsup:

Luke09

Really nice dam,i think your source of power in GRV is my favorite,and i started to do dams like yours...nice job  ;)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

j-dub

Curves, curves, curves, curves, curves! Dam, dam, dam, dam, dam!

But seriously, with the maps, and the graphics, and attention to detail, there is a sense of realism here.

Dreamcat

Wonderful region you have here.  I just read through the whole thing and I must say I am very impressed with the work done here.  First off, I must say, great photoshopping!  The pictures look spectacular.  Very realistic.  I especially like the farm work, the irregular shapes look great and nonuniform, which, in this case is good.

The dam looks mighty fine.  Very realistic, and the SC4 Tech building looks just right in there.  I'm also quite pleased with the region shot.  Amazing job!

I'll be monitoring this MD closely.  It's obvious a lot of hard work went into this!

Fabian93

I think it's my first post here - sorry!
Everything looks really good and I love that dam  &apls

That region view is probably one of the best I've ever seen so far due to the way you put the fields and the little towns around it  :thumbsup:,
Fabian  ;)

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

soulchaser

sorry for neither replying nor updating this yet.

I have some time management issues, as opening my region takes 20 min with the Startup Manager and additionally, the SUM doesn't find the CD correctly...I have to start the region about 6-7 times, before sc4 really opens up.

This makes a waiting period of about 40-60 min. Don't know how to get rid of it, without buying a new pc/updating it :(

Recently Iced

Battlecat

Nice update!  That run of the river style power plant looks amazing!  I really like the water texture you're using! 

Earth quake

Splendid Update, Your overview of the region  is more realistic, bravo.
Besides, the dam is very original and realist.

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

soulchaser

First of all: Sorry for the lack of updates....but the time management problem is still trying to kill this MD :bomb: seems like updates can only be expected every 14-21 days.

@danielvote: I hope I will be able to show you some more of these special places. none in this update :(

@Luke09: I think this kind of dams are very easy to build and don't look that wrong. Maybe some baters might build some better ones (Sorry PEG, this wall is perfect, but not easy to cumulate) or some that are better to arrange. %confuso

@j-dub: I'm not sure if
Quote from: j-dub on October 12, 2009, 07:06:34 PMCurves, curves, curves, curves, curves! Dam, dam, dam, dam, dam!
means something good or bad, but thanks for the comment :D

@Dreamcat: I'm glad to please you. I hope you're still interested.

@Fabian93: thank you, kind words from a lot-editor-virtuoso.

And another big THANK YOU to Maestro444, Battlecat, Earth quake and Bobbi!

Some quick Pics:

First of all, there was this GIANT fire in Ursador.

Sorry for the grid and the flags!

The fire fighters haven't been able to reach the dry fields that caught fire in late summer. 4 Farms and 3 Houses burnt down.

While the DoD has to work on these infrastructural problems the outskirts of the smalltowns keep on growing.

Recently Iced

Luke09

Im sorry to say this,but i laught a lot with the fact that the firefighters cant reach to the fire   :D
But very nice pics and just one more thing:
Sorry PEG, this wall is perfect, but not easy to cumulate[2]
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Battlecat

Ouch!  That's quite the fire there!  Aside from that little problem, the region appears to be coming along quite nicely indeed! 

danielcote

djvandrake

Very nice small town.  That fire was quite a sight!  Hopefully the rebuilding will be even better than before.

Earth quake

Impressive fire. :o
And very nice village, i really like the small park in the third picture.

amapper

You know, I especially like the way you've done the farms with different shapes. Makes them realistic.