• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 and RCT2TT conflict!

Started by owlsinger, July 31, 2008, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlsinger

I don't know how this happened, and I just discovered it today while I was snooping around in my regions folder. A while ago, I installed RollerCoasterTycoon2TripleThrill on my computer. The scenarios in those program files are saved as .SC6 files.

I was looking at my regions file because there are some I was going to delete, and maps I want to load, and accidently discovered that ALL my SC4 cities in ALL my regions have been saved as type "Roller Coaster Tycoon Scenario File (.sc4)"

WHAT?!!!!!!!   %confuso

I have been happily playing both games without any problems, as the files are still all where they are supposed to be, but in the properties on my SC4 cities, the "type of file" has been changed.

I had been planning to move RCT2TT to my laptop. When I uninstall it, are all my region cities going to be uninstalled too? Am I going to have to reload SC4 again from scratch to get the original regions back? Is there anyway I can rename these city files? I do have backups of all my plugins, which are fine, but the backup that I made of my regions was done after the RCT2TT was on my computer, so has the same file types in it as the files on my C drive.

Any ideas on how this may have happened, and what I should do about it?

Edit: Thanks! I know just enough about computers to be dangerous......to the computers! I've uninstalled the RCT2TT, and everything seems to be fine.
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

vester

Not a problem, just that files of the type sc4 is assigned to Roller Coaster Tycoon.
As the files is in your simcity folder has not been changed, just the file association, there should be a problem.