• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Help and Request: Adding New Bridges for NAM

Started by max19950324, September 22, 2014, 11:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max19950324

I've been looking at these two amazing bridges made by this Chinese modder: Wuhan Tianxingzhou Bridge http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25877-wuhan-tianxingzhou-bridge/ and Shanghai Minpu Bridge http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25734-shanghai-minpu-bridge/ and have tried to install it for a while. But I found that it requires tweaking of Bridge Plugin Controller using ilivereader. Since I have no idea how to actually do it his way, can anyone help me on how to install it or just simply do it for me?  ()what()

P.S.: All instructions are in the link I provided to each bridges.
P.S.2: I'm using fresh NAM 32 with no prior tweaking to the Bridge Plugin Controller.
P.S.3: The said modder's been trying to grab attention to NAM Team to include those two bridges to official NAM like Tsing Ma. Can you guys help him out a bit and put them into the next version of NAM?

Tarkus

When we looked at merging the bridges into the "Monolithic NAM" paradigm we instituted for NAM Version 31, those two bridges are the only ones we decided to exclude.  The reason they were excluded is because srainy said they were not finished, and given that he hasn't updated them since their initial release in 2011, they're still in the same shape.  There are also issues with the fact that they were released without reserving Bridge IDs or IIDs with the NAM Team's Bridge Engineering Department (and basing his ID assignments on outdated information from a 2008 bridge controller), and the non-functional second decks (the Shanghai Minpu's is actually impossible to get functioning properly due to deck jumping and lack of connectivity, and the Wuhan Tianxingzhou's HSRP line would cause the same glitch that prevented jeronij's original double-deck version of the Tsing Ma, plus lack of connectivity).

They're nice looking bridges, but there are some issues with them that would need to be addressed before we'd revisit their status.

-Alex

max19950324

Ahh, I see. Oh well, it's really a pity but I don't think the guy's going to put any updates for those bridges 'cause it turns out he got banned from the Chinese SC4 forum years ago and he hasn't been heard since. Thanks for looking anyway. :)