• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatron

As I always liked sweden and showing pictures, I decided to start a RegionJournal myself.
So first of all I want to show you the old Town, "Gamla Stan" of Katrineholm, a small town with currently 6000 inhabitants.

I hope you enjoy this and come here very often ()stsfd()

nbvc

bat

That's a nice old town. Great start.
Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

Flatron

Thanks for your comments :thumbsup:

This time we see some Overviews of the kommun of Katrineholm, that consists of the tätorts
Rönninge on the same-named lake Rönningesjön (north), the former farmers' village Täby in the middle and Katrineholm on the island in the south.

this is a closer view of Rönninge

and finally Rönninges Stortorget with Sankt Gertruds Kyrkan

thats all for now :)

carlfatal

Nice to see Your MD here too! This is a good start, keep it on,
greetz, Carl

art128

Now, that is a good start! I really liked the first picture, very representative. I also like the highway running through the hill.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tokugawa

See Okatabawashi ! the pearl of the Orient !

Flatron

Thanks for the comments :)
Because of RL, I will only post updates on the WE in future &mmm

noahclem

Very nice start!  &apls  I like the Scandinavian feel, the diagonals, and the great rural scenes. Looking forward to more, even if it's only on the weekends  ;)

Dantes

I still miss an IKEA store. That's a joke.  :P I like your house very udn the landscaping to fit very well.  :thumbsup:

Corndead

It´s funny to read because Rönninge and Täby lies about 400km from Katrineholm, but thats another story, and the names of all the swedish towns are usually used three or four times whitin the country. You can for example have the kommun (municipality) of Katrineholm, the city of Katrineholm, the village of katrineholm, and maybe an area of the countryside called katrineholm, but thats very common in other countrys too.

Well, an ikea and some wall to wall buildings near the church and then you´re done with it  ;)

And my opinion is that im glad that you took my country into SC4 :) Really nice!  I could´nt done it better.

Flatron

Thanx for all the nice comments
@corndead thank you very much :)

Battlecat

Great start!  I love the buildings you're using, they're giving your region a very unique feel! 

Kergelen

Nice work with the small village and the overviews! :)

Links to SC4 websites

bat

Nice farms and the small town is looking wonderful!
Great work. :thumbsup:

Flatron

Hej,
Thanks for your comments :)
RL is a little bit stressy at the moment as I have to pass some tests at school, so I can only show you one pic today:
An Overview of Gröngarda, just west of Katrineholm

btw: there's an IKEA-store ;D

yunxiang

Hooray IKEA! :P

I really love your farms. They have a very realistic feel to them, much better than what I come up with. &mmm Those villages are really well planned too. What download set did those houses come from?

Also, do you think you can and more line breaks between pictures? It's a little bit jarring for me to have the pictures right on top of other. :)

carlfatal

This overviews are awesome!  &apls
I like Your style.  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Corndead

I really love the forests. They reminds me of the deep forests of northern Sweden a lot :thumbsup:

Tip: It would be even more realistic if the ikea was within a industrial and some low office zoning. Just put like two warehouses and some ministores (and maybe like a mcdonalds somewhere by the main road) and then you have a small Swedish town for real  ;) i also like the fields  :)

Dantes