• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Hey, I like your style. Looking forward to new updates.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Flatron

@ all: Thanks for your comments :)

Back to Gröngårda!
http://
1. a nearer zoom, you can see that the town was built with a plan in the 18th century, just like many cities in Sweden.
There is Storgatan, running South - North (the church has the tower to the east), and the east-west streets (from N to S) norra langgatan, första avenyn (1st avenue), åndra avenyn(second avenue) and södra langgatan, the market place lies between första and åndra.

2. The market place is called Olof Palme Torg.

3. The council housing from the miljonprogrammet in the 50ties and 60ties

That's all for today, I hope you like it :)

Silur

Hi, Flatron ...
I like Your Swedish Houses very much ..., but I have one problem with this ...
I can't see Your "Woodcrafted Swedish Townhouses" (from STEX) in my city in a smallest view - is it right ? I see only clear plates without any buildings ...
Thank You ...

Flatron

Thats rather weird I think, because for me they work properly for every zoom level  ()what()
I have to check that

Silur

Thank You, Flatron ...
This my problems - hope it help:

My mind - excellent buildings for real rural CJs ... :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great update  &apls  I'm always a fan of Scandinavian style  ;D

yunxiang

Another nice village. It's rather interesting to see the contrast between old and modern styles between the original village and the council projects.

Flatron

This time i show you Kiså, a rather big town (9000 inhabitants ;D) on the railwayline "Söderlandsstambanan"

1 An aerial photo

2. The towncentre, where a few houses were destroyed in the 70ties when the building of the handelsbanken was built.

3. countryside
Btw.: I have now switched from Stockholm- to Uppsalamap because there was just to much water in Stockholm

chester

I like those little houses in the close up pic. i don't think i've ever seen them before but there very cute.

metasmurf

Nice choice of buildings, very accurate. Good job  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Awesome update  &apls  I really like the way the fields look with those rolling hills and the transport system looks excellent. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

yunxiang

Agreed with noahclem. The hills really help add variety to this town, and you did a great job in keeping out all the idiosyncrasies that SC4 tries to do with hills! :thumbsup:

RickD

Nice small town. Very green. And I also like the hills.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

eugenelavery

I love Scandinavia!  Where can I find those council housing apartment blocks?

Flatron

@all : thx for pulling me out of the inactive part :thumbsup: ()stsfd()
The townhouses are from me, you can find them on the stex, the towery apt. blocks are from delija, stex , too and the council houses with the gabled roof are 50ties tenements from the sfbt, they can be found at http://www.kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=28

Tokugawa

Flatron ! es sieht ausgezeichnet aus !

Well done  &apls
See Okatabawashi ! the pearl of the Orient !

Flatron

@Tokugawa: Dankeschön :)

I didn't intend to do an update today, but I'm so happy about beeing out of the inactive section ()stsfd(), so I show you that Kiså's Ringroad was completed in the meantime:

Here you see how the creek runs through the old heart of the town.

Kiså had been a köping (in between a village and town, in Germany we call it Markt) until the country was reorganized into kommuns that can be anything from plain landscape to big cities. Nowadays however, Kiså kommun has only one tätort(dense built area), the town itself.

nbvc

Piterdaw1

Really beautiful, skandinavian town. I like it !  &apls

noahclem

Great new pictures  &apls  The ring-road looks very well-planned and the little creek running through the center is very nice  :thumbsup: