• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Edensturd | Airport Vernauss - Small Updated |

Started by Manny, July 22, 2007, 06:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

I don't think I have commented here before. Sorry about that, but I'm doing it now. ;D

First out: some brilliant stuff around here. Especially your use of the old buddybud rural walls just blew me away. I still think those are the best retaining walls ever made (though the new MAS walls are getting pretty close). Your slopes and embankments are excellent, the use of urban spacing (as David pointed out) is very, very good. All in all, a big:  &apls

And now, the two things that bothers me slightly:

1. It looks as though almost every single building is facing in the same direction, which seems rather odd for a European city (where the streets usually go in all different directions and aren't as griddy as the American cities).

2. The fukuda (at least I think it is fukuda?) passenger ferry is really not one of his best BAT:s. There are better ships out there. Might I suggest jeronij's "mediterranian ferry" available here on the LEX. Or one of SOMY:s cruise ships if you want it bigger and more luxurious?`

Anyways, those are just side notes from little old me. Do with them as you wish. Either way - you have an excellent journal underway here. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

stewart_garden

I have just discovered your MD whilst lurking in OSITM Manny (looks like many people got here long before me!).  I love your transit systems and I would be interested to see a picture or two showing the usage statistics for your networks at some point if you can.

Thanks, and looking forward to the next update.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

threeswept

WOW! Superbly Dutch-like with great mass transport, wonderful park land, lovely tree-lined roads and avenues as well as large plazas just begging for some public gatherings. I love W2W and Edensturd is just fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Manny

Thanks to you all! A sight regional will arrive in some time but not at once! I thank you of your critic in particular that of Emilin who allows me to advance!  :thumbsup:

Yesterday, I have to begin to make an airport, it is rather difficult but I try to make it a who is well enough! Here is an image:

&hlp

tooheys

Hi Manny, I agree that airports are not the easiest things to build and make releastic. Nice teaser and look forward to seeing the airport as a whole.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Nice teaser of the airport!  :thumbsup: Looking forward to that update!

rooker1

Great shot of the airport.  I hope we get lots of pics.   ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

From that picture, your airport looks great so far! I can't wait to see how the entire thing looks, though I do agree making airports is a bit tough to do. I can't wait to see how yours turns out! Take care, my friend!

sebes

I love airports - and am anxiously looking forward to the next update. The picture is very promissing - and if it's as briliant as the rest of Edensturd, I guess it the most sold ticket will be: one way to the hall of fame  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Manny that airport so far is looking really good - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Vario80

Wonderful teaser of the airport, it looks busy and realistic. Waiting for more.  :thumbsup:

And a sentence to your previous update, wonderful work, the city looks realistic but i'm especially fond of the forested area they look very cozy and natural.  &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Jmouse

Oh boy, another MDer I can learn from. Airports are out of my realm (along with a whole bunch of other stuff), so I'm watching to see how other players approach the creation thereof. I must say yours is looking good, though. :thumbsup:
As always, looking forward to the next update.

Until next time...
Joan

BlaZ

Quote from: Manny on August 07, 2007, 01:54:37 AM
Thanks to you all! A sight regional will arrive in some time but not at once! I thank you of your critic in particular that of Emilin who allows me to advance!  :thumbsup:

Yesterday, I have to begin to make an airport, it is rather difficult but I try to make it a who is well enough! Here is an image:

U can try look at googlemaps and zoom in on existing airports for some ideas !
Very nice looking city !!

Shadow Assassin

It looks good, the teaser of the airport.

You might have to put a little more space between the plane and the taxiway, otherwise there's no room for the plane to back out and turn around (well, it's not too bad for small planes, but when it gets to the 747s, it gets difficult).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Eddie

Wow! Quite an amazing city you've got here. I especially like you're clever use of GLR like in this pic:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa249/Manny4201/Image25.jpg

It's an interesting transition from being a street divider to squeezing in between those walls at the top of the image.  :thumbsup:

Manny

Once more, I thank you for taking time to look at my images, here is a mosaic of the airport which is always under construction

;)

thundercrack83

Beautiful mosaic, my friend! From what I've seen so far, the airport looks good! I can't wait to see more of it. Keep up the excellent work!

Yoman

Hmm not sure about those trees....and how are TWA and Virgin Atlantic 747s parked next to each other, TWA went bankrupt long before Virgin Atlantic bought 747-400s. Otherwise its looking pretty good.

Pat

LoL yoman you are sooo critical lol.... Manny i love the airport but yoman does bring up a good point about the trees lol........ but other wise wonderful update... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Nice mosaic of the airport, but a zoom-out shot would be most appreciated.

Until next time...
Joan