• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Indeed, excellent details! A shame most of them won't be seen in the game... But it's always nice to know they're there. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

Great work!!  :thumbsup: Merry Christmas!!

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you, these are the same fire escapes from the previous building, the only changes is some of the details to match the real building. They may look skinny to to the way I modeled the building I do not want to scale the building when I finish.

art128- Thank you!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. :D

NYBT Barton Paul

Here's a small update next is to add the ac units in the windows and the texturing. :D

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

Quote from: Aaron Graham on December 26, 2014, 07:20:35 PM
c.p.- Thank you, these are the same fire escapes from the previous building, the only changes is some of the details to match the real building. They may look skinny to to the way I modeled the building I do not want to scale the building when I finish.

I figured they were the same or similar to the other fire escapes, and they look great. I'm definitely not saying they ought to be changed in any way.  I'm just befuddled and bedazzled by how good they look relative to how thin the rails are.  Whenever I make anything that thin, it seems like it either doesn't show up in the render at all, or it is a faint blur.  Are you using some kind of "wireframe" material or something?  They look perfect in your latest rendering, by the way :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Quote from: c.p. on December 27, 2014, 08:19:51 AM
I figured they were the same or similar to the other fire escapes, and they look great. I'm definitely not saying they ought to be changed in any way.  I'm just befuddled and bedazzled by how good they look relative to how thin the rails are.  Whenever I make anything that thin, it seems like it either doesn't show up in the render at all, or it is a faint blur.  Are you using some kind of "wireframe" material or something?  They look perfect in your latest rendering, by the way :thumbsup:

I thought the same when I saw the railings, but they look perfect!!!  :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you, It's not a wire aka splines, It's a very thin poly object like a very thin rectangle.

romualdillo- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Barton Paul

In the update you can see some of the textrues in place, Were almost there at the end.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

Walls and windows look great, as usual :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Barton Paul

Okay I have the textures on the building, I just need to ass texture on one small object, but it's hard to see it so do not worry about it. I hope you guys like the roof texture, my favorite one right now is all of them. The white version of this building will need a roof color like this so it will not be so bright, the brown fire escape are looking great on the red and white variation models. I can't wait to see the comments. :D

noahclem

Nice work Aaron  &apls  It is a bit surprising how many details can show up in game--that old building with my restaurant's logo comes to mind  :bnn:

Aaron Graham

noahclem- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Barton Paul

Here's an up date on the Baton Paul, I have added the AC units in the windows and added the texture to the second variation.

carlfatal

Perfect work, and indeed, the level of detail is bedazzling.  &apls

Aaron Graham

carlfatal- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Barton Paul

I hope you like this update, I have made some changes to the building and I have added the variation roof to the other two buildings.

Girafe

The last roof texture is IMHO too contrasted but the rest is superb  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

dwelln8hss32

I actually quite like the last roof texture. The contrast provides a realistic portrayal of weathering, ie tar layers that have peeled away exposing sun-beaten roofing materials. IMO the contrast may look striking in comparison with the faded orange-ish brick siding, which could use a little more weathering texture, possibly. Other than that, I think all of these look really, really good!  :thumbsup:
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

romualdillo

I like the last roof texture, too. Some asphalt covers get this colours due chemical reactions and sun. They degrade to a sort of white salt. Great job Aaron!!!!  :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

dude, you still bat?  :P  :popcorn:

good, 'cuz you still got it  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Love the variations  :thumbsup:  The last one is a cool concept but I can't say whether it could use some tweaking or not without seeing RL examples of the roof type....

Aaron Graham

noahclem- Thank you!!! :D

gn_leugim- Thank you!!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you!!!! :D

dwelln8hss32 & Girafe- Thank you I will see what I can do. :)

NYBT Barton Paul

The building is finished if I add anything it will be the on the roof textures, I think I need to darken the areas next to the parapet. :D

Bipin

I'm glad to see you're still chugging along with some excellent content to boot, Aaron! Bravo!

deora

These buildings are to die for.I mean your buildings are already crowding my NY Region but it never hurts to have some variation.
Some matching commercial buildings would be nice some day because the sims in large areas filled with your residentials are already starting to get jobless :D :crytissue: :-\

Some of my favorite details on the Barton Paul Buildings are the green shrubs next to the entrance and the "frames" around the main windows.
Also the roof textures are amazing.There seems to be everything from brand new (the dark black roof) to slightly weared,sunbleached and leaky roof (like in on the 4th building) I wonder how something like this happens.It almost looks like someone spilled a truck load of white paint on the roof and didn`t clean it. :P
I`m just wondering what are you reffering to as a "parapet".
I`m not much into architecture terms.In my language a parapet might be a solid "wall" on balconys that avoid accidents by falling from it...i think (besides that,parapet is a very old word that almost no one uses here anymore.We more use something like balustrade or guard rail/hand rail.....