• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

pat, congrats!  Nature masters are made, not born...
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:
&bis& WOW OMG WOW &bis&

I'm sooooo honoured to be Mays "Of Special Intrest" I'm soooooooooooo Jazzed  :sunny:
that this has happend to me and I just so don't know what to say to you all but a great
biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig thank you.  David thank you very much i needed that after the last weeks
troubles and now with this week starting off good this week will end good. What a way
to kick off page seven. thanks again every one!!!!!!!!!! So what do you all think of a
permant name for my MD? - Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

Congratulations Pat, &apls

A well deserved promotion. I have read your MD with interest. You have dome damn pretty terraforming going on.

And I hope that this week will be better and more relaxing than the last one for you too. :thumbsup:

Strech.

bat

meinhosen

Congrats on a well deserved award, pat.  I'm sure we can expect more great things out of your MD this month (assuming your part of the country doesn't burn down like it did a few nights ago :P)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

sebes

Congratulation with this upgrade Pat, it's well deserved &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Yes. Congratulations. Can't wait to see your further development. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Congratulations on earning "Special Interest" status, Pat! Keep up the good work!

Fledder200

ow i like those waterfalls!!! looks very nice, i like the region shot as well!!  &apls
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Pat

OK its been a few days since i lasted updated and also since that i've been
put into the special intrest section too.  I assure that i got a real good update in
the pipelines here. I've hit some RL stuff but later the new update will be posted before i
go to bed tonight which wont happen till around 2am - pat

So here is a little teaser shot that im working with here.
This is Lady Lake in the City of Elcho and this is of course
where i had used Pegs water.  Yes this is before i dabbled in
PW so guess what im working towards lol - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK as i promised here is the new update.

Lady Lake reborn.

I will now show you step by step what i did.

So those top 5 pictures where of Lady Lake being remade into PW.
As you saw just by switching over to PW the lake as is has a more realistic
look to it.  At least what I think and Elcho was one of my original city's that I've
been working with.  Also Elcho is gonna be a feature City in my next MD.

Now in these last 4 shots I will be adding detail to the lake.

Now here we are seeing only the example of the lakes the old one with pegs
and now the new one with PW.

OLD LADY LAKE

VS

NEW LADY LAKE

Travis

Some great use of ploppable water, pat. That lake looks pretty neat, it's a nifty touch with those boats on it.
I'll stick around for more of that innovative use of PW.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Looking good, Pat! Love the boats on the water! I also like how you showed the lake slowly filling in. Keep up the good work!

bat

threestooges

The pw really adds a nice touch. The rock border (which often times can look repetitive) looks very natural here and fits in well with the park. Well done.

meinhosen

Cool!  The new lake with the ploppable water looks a lot nicer than the older version with Peg's.  I love the detail shot at the end with the rocks on the shore and the sailboats in the midst of the lake.  Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Pat

WOW so many replies thank you all.  I'm working towards anther update today.  I have a new computer so im learning it and working the buggies out of simcity now but from the pics i did have i will get them up and see what happens from there. - pat

thundercrack83

Good luck with the new computer, Pat! We'll we waiting for the next update!

bat

Zaphod

that looks really good! Ive always liked the peg's ponds stuff but that looks a lot better. It reminds me of the lake I went to once. It had been a sand pit, and when it closed, they flooded it and made it a park where you could swim or take small boats

Now all we need is some beach lots that can be used with that kind of ploppable water
War Kittens !?