• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OMG WOW!!!! David that is just something else to have some great Transit Gods working hard for ya's!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

Quote from: sim-al2 on August 02, 2008, 01:57:46 PMThis makes me want to put off building rail lines until you release it.

Agreed! Otherwise there's going to be a lot of rebuilding going on.  :D

thundercrack83

Loving the FAR/FARR progress, my friend!

Keep it up!

Dustin

bat

Yes, wonderful progress there on that fantastic stuff!!

Toichus Maximus

looking stellar! Can't wait!

dedgren

So, as I gear up to do the trial and error work of texture matching today, let me show you a bunch of random pics to show you the results of ebina's excellent work with the FARR S3D files.

I apologize in advance for the generic trains and "10 second" tree plops- they weren't the point.

#1 - It works!  It works!

These will definitely be ready for the next NAM update- we had one in January and one in April, so the next should be due... anytime!

If anyone who knows about creating transit textures would like to try their hand at working on a parallel track with me today, shoot me a PM.  I think the textures need to be slightly darkened and the alpha channel textures need to have the gradient darkened, but that's just a guess.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Once again, my good friend, the FARR is looking magnificent! We're inching ever closer...

Oh, and "'10 second' tree plops"--I couldn't get the trees to look that good in an hour and you've done in 10 seconds? You are a master!

Take care, David, and enjoy your Sunday!

Dustin

Glazert

Those FARR curves are beautifully sinuous.

TheTeaCat

My word!

Me Speechless.  :o

Now that's a feat to accomplish, what with kissing the Blarney Stone 6 times  :D :D

Those rail curves are just stunning. I can see lots of rebuilding ahead of many players :D

I know it must be tiring pulling out all the stops all the time so these may help in the future  ;D

time to stick the kettle on (I'll even make you a cuppa peppermint :D ) and go back and look again.

heads off to get a cloth to clean drool from keyboard

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

girlfromverona

I am stunned! I never thought I'd see such beautiful winding railroads in SC4. You are truly a master, David (as are all those who've helped you out)!  &apls

deathtopumpkins

Oh now that is awesome!  &apls  &apls  &apls

Do you need people to beta test it?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Kitsune

Amazing. Seeing the stuff this coming to the NAM is making it much easier on my sc4 hiatus until a get a new computer...
~ NAM Team Member

JoeST

Hey David

I replied to your pm, and also, I have finished, near enough. Do you want every post off every page? I can put each post in a separate txt file, numbered from 1 to x and named "# - poster.txt", or can give you just your posts, or whatever you want

at the moment tho, the only information i have is the html for the post body and the poseters username for each post... so if you want more, just shout up and i can get some more :)

also i can possibly change the script and run it here too, so you could have a full backup of 3RR-4D too

Joe

EDIT: O god,I just realised....I havent commented on those FANTASTIC pictures yet, they are simply stunning :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nardo69

Hi Dave!

As I told you in my PM I am a bıt short of free time but hey - sometimes you have to set priorities in live!  :D

And these pictures look awesome - seems to be you are going to make MSTS obsolete!   &hlp  &apls &apls

If I can help you with my limited possibilities you know where you find me - I'll do my very best then!  ;)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

stewart_garden

I'm very impressed by the FARR David - looking forward to seeing more.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

bat

Beautiful pictures there! And it looks great! :thumbsup:

FrankU

Impressive work on the FARR!
How is the FAR doing?

Simpson

Hi David :),

You are the best for nature  :D it's so réalistic with the train

:thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

metarvo

Its a pity that Maxis couldn't share the practically infinite wisdom of the SC4Devoted.  When I see what David and Alex have done here, I become more convinced that the purchase of Societies is unnecessary.  By the way, it should be noted that I never call the game "SimCity Societies."  It just doesn't seem to adequately describe it, from what I've heard.  Of course, I've never played it either.  Please keep up the good work, guys.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jacqulina