• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Genevra Redux (v2.0)

Started by Dark_Jedi06, February 22, 2009, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Hi DJ !
This last update is simply awesome  &apls This area is incredible. Fantastic work, as well, on the LE !
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend.
Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Battlecat

Beautiful work!  You're using a beautiful selection of buildings there, and excellent details! 

dsrwhat316

Well, now, this is very eye-catching. I see some influences from Badsim, which is always a good thing  &apls. Personally, I never use the Paris buildings, but your pics are making me think otherwise. Splendid work  :thumbsup: &apls!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

guurgkud

OMG! I'm really honoured that you used my quote for your signature!!  ;D

I really did mean it. This CJ had a tremendous WOW opening. Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:  &apls
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

thundercrack83

Hello, Dark_Jedi06!

Sorry it's taken so long for me to comment here, I do apologize, but I am so glad to see Genevra up and running again here, my friend!

Everything here is so wonderful and so inspiring, every time I fire up the LE, I take a quick tour through here for inspiration.

I can't wait to see what you have for us next!

Dustin

kimcar

I didn`t see the version 1 , but if it was like the number 2 , i`m sure that was a great MD, because i like what i see  :thumbsup:. Great looking and you seem to got a great skill on the LE.  &apls Looking forward.

Dark_Jedi06

We continue our journey around the nexus of Montereau in which we encounter a few new landmarks as well as revisit the Catedrala da Gronda Spada. We will only be focusing on one of those however, the Place du Dieu Mars, while the other two will still remain shrouded in mystery. The large temple with the green copper roof is the Place du Dieu Mars, or Place of the God Mars, but more commonly is referred to as the Temple of Mars. Constructed in antiquity (ca. 78 BC) by the Romans several decades after their conquest of Gaul, the temple was meant to intimidate and subjugate the local Gaulish population to Roman rule (History of Genevra, Section II. Antiquity). It stood without incident up until the fall of the Roman Empire centuries later, when it was largely desecrated by the Pagan barbarian populations pushing their way over the Roman borders. It would remain a relic of the past, butchered by salvaging and war. It would experience a rebirth, however, when the ideals of the Italian Renaissance where transplanted into Genevra along with the founding of the Sainte Église. Under the Grand Duke Lothair III's ambitious cultural agenda, the temple would be rebuilt in an attempt make a historical correlation between the new Genevran state and the power of the ancient Romans.

Carmine: Thank you very much. :) I eagerly await seeing your work return to the MD section. :satisfied:
As for that building, as you've seen in this update you've gotten another taste, but there's still more to it. $%Grinno$%

art128: I think I have a bit of an obsession with trees...but who would want to live in a place without them?
I think the Genevran citizens deserve some nice greenery. :P

rooker1: It's all a matter of different styles...and I would certainly say that I thoroughly enjoy your style in
your (Hall of Fame) MD Mind Scape. ()stsfd()

kbieniu7: There aren't that many trees. :-[

pipishere: Well we certainly wouldn't want that, otherwise you wouldn't be here to praise my work. ;)

io_bg: Hopefully you're still looking forward to the next one. :P

Albus of Garaway: The best thing about having a lot of trees lining your streets is quite simple...it partially
obscures whatever is beneath and creates the illusion that there is more there then there actually is. ::)

Micheal: I'm glad two people caught my little teaser...I'm still not revealing the whole thing though. $%Grinno$%

bat: Thank you very much. :)

Simpson: How does everyone know I use the Lot Editor... :P

Battlecat: I've always been fond of the expression, "the devil is in the details".  ::)

dsrwhat316: When you stalk the pages of Badsim's diary as much as I have, you're bound to pick
up some influences. :D Though while the Parisian set it a bit trite, I've tried to make my use of them unique. :)

guurgkud: Well it was certainly one of the most inspiring comments I have recieved. ;D

thundercrack83: No rush, this MD isn't going anywhere...at least that's the plan. :P I'm very glad
that I can serve as a source of inspiration to another excellent MDer such as yourself. :satisfied:

kimcar: Well version 1 has been condemned to the Inactive MDs if you ever want to give it a go. :D
...this space to be filled soon...

GMT

very impressive start!
I'm amazed how well you used the w2w buildings and achieved such a great look!

... really, it is. I swear.

iamgoingtoeatyou

You took my brain and caused it to self-implode.

sebbyb

absolutly stunning! you have really raised the bar with your LEing.  &apls

Shingure

Simply beautiful Jedi! I love the lot editing I've been officially inspired to LE my lots!

CabraBuitre

Quite impressive and visually stunning!   :thumbsup:

This is a place I'd love to walk around... but I don't think I'd like to drive... looks like it might get congested!

Check out Abelfarei!

pipishere

Very impressive indeed. I admire your patience as it must take you ages to re-lot etc!  :)

Battlecat

Well if the devil's in the details, you must have to deal with him on a regular basis!  Amazing update there, love the incredible roman architecture. 

bat

Chapter two is very nice! Fantastic work there again! Your city looks superb! :thumbsup:

kimcar

Again i have enjoy the pics that you have show. Great lotting and your city look very alive. &apls &apls

Emperor Stormont

Completely beautiful Eric, the painstaking lot editing and the richness in colour all come together and sit wonderfully alongside the grandeur.

I have an idea of what exactly it is you are holding back on ;)

I however await to be impressed, as I know I will Eric  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

cameron1991

Very beautiful pictures! IMO you have captured the narrow, cluttered streets of an old European city perfectly!  :thumbsup:

Youcefk69

Sciurus

Impressive and beautiful together &apls

Guillaume
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *