• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem getting Simcity deluxe back on computer - freezes

Started by Phlog, February 23, 2007, 06:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlog

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right forum - please forgive me if it isn't.

This website has rekindled my interest in the game, so I wanted to put it back on the computer. But each time
installation stalls on the second disk, at exactly the same place. That's at 49.3% complete, on the file Graphics Rules.sgr.

The disk doesn't appear damaged, though it does look very slightly bronze tinted - which may ring a bell for older readers who remember the early days of audio CDs.

Assuming it isn't disk damage, has anybody got any helpful suggestions on what I can do? All help appreciated!

TIA

Pat

Hey phlog,
well first off i would like to welcome you to SC4Devotion. &apls &apls &apls
Have you tried to clean the disk at all? IE scratch remover to clean the disk and remove
any possiblty of a scratch that may be there?
when reloading sc4 did you totaly remove all traces of the game from your HD?
if not try that and reinstall it again as it was a fresh instal.
if you have plugins or regions saved keep them off to the side unless you deleted them
back when you wipped sc4 off in the 1st place.
If that dont work,  I would just buy a new CD.  they are very cheap in price now and its deluxe all the way.
I hope some of that helps take care and once again welcome to the nut house  :D- Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Phlog

Thanks for the suggestions.

It turned out that another application was getting in the way: NDVD - it "thought" that one of the Maxis files should be played, but of course failed each time I tried to load the game. Not the sort of conflict I've come across in years. But there you go.

Thanks again.