• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Minor annoyance in the Reader

Started by Frigid, March 03, 2007, 08:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frigid

I'll try to describe the problem as best I can.

I've associated DAT, SC4LOT, SC4DESC, and SC4MODEL files to open with the reader on double click explorer.

They open right, but when I look through an exemplar file, all of the exemplar names (not sure how to describe) are 'Unknown'.  However, if I open the Reader, and click open to open the same file, it works fine.

It's not a big issue, it's just a minor annoyance, but does anyone know whats going on here?
I have returned!

jeronij

I have to say that I could not arrive so far  ::) . Even I associated the files, when I double click the file, the Reader opens but not the file. Probably something to configure in the Reader options. I cant help you on this one.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

Quote from: Frigid on March 03, 2007, 08:44:08 AM
They open right, but when I look through an exemplar file, all of the exemplar names (not sure how to describe) are 'Unknown'. 

I suppose you mean the properties (seen on the right) are Unknown? In that case I think the error is that you haven't told Reader where to look for the XML Properties File. Click Option -> Options in Reader and check the listbox to the right. If it is empty, click ADD to locate the file properties.xml. This file is simply a database of hex codes and their corresponding property names. I suppose you have that file in the same folder as Reader, since obviously it is read when you are starting Reader from there, but not when clicking an associated file elsewhere.

Frigid

Wow, I never noticed that box in the Reader's options.  The only file I could find was Tropod's Properties, but that seems to have worked.  Thanks!
I have returned!