• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Terraformer

Started by Ralph, March 12, 2007, 11:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

Hi  everyone ! I have some problems with the sc4 terraforming and i do not know how to make realistic mountains and to do a perfect terraforming enter the mountain and the plains . Somebody can help me ?

jplumbley

Time and patience!!  Thats what it takes.

Ok for a quick post.  I will reply better later when I am not at work.

Most of the "perfect" mountains you see are taken from real world data maps.  These maps are then imported and rendered in SC4TF.  I am no expert in this way of making mountains.

My hand terraforming is all done by hand and I can go through some of the steps I take later.  Just alot of time and patience. (probably why it took me 4 months to edit the Invermere Valley Map.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

Hi Ralph

As JPlumbley suggests, it require a lot of patience and exercises. I suggest however you get the lastest version available at ST in the SC4TF Development thread( sorry jrun error now, I can't get the link ), the version is labelled as 1.1 NHP, and one added feature from the version which is on the Modds&downlaods section at ST, is the adding of contour drawing. I found it very usefull to get a better sense at how the map is. It helps (at least me) to get better shapes.
I suggest you read Vandy's excellent Terraforming MD

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Ralph

thank you very mutch for your help !