• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

Jestarr: Those look exactly like the ones I see when I take my kid to watch the trains go by. Excellent job.

David: Two words.. Hubba hubba!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

girlfromverona

Not sure if this is what you're after, but Andreas created an awesome pack of rail catenaries a while back:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=925

Andreas

Quote from: girlfromverona on October 16, 2008, 03:03:38 PM
Not sure if this is what you're after, but Andreas created an awesome pack of rail catenaries a while back:

Not me, but Kenworth did - I only did the modding and packaging. :)
Andreas

Dark_Jedi06

I stalk this thread at least three times a day and simply salivate over the endless possibilities that come to mind....yet I'm always so caught up in the majresty of your creations that I forget to comment. :D I can only say that I will have achieved nirvana when your fabulous creations are in my hands. ;D

I eagerly await your continued progress as these masterpieces come to fruition. :satisfied:

And by the way, a few pages back, you posted one of my few (I think 3 :P) attempts at the BAT that I uploaded awhile ago. That had my sides splitting. $%Grinno$% I quickly realized the BAT was not for me and stuck to city building, so that was quite an honorable mention for someone whose modeling skills are non-existant. Though not surprisingly, jestarr has sunk my battleship with his beautiful signal bridge. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

MassHelper

Just wondering, Dave... What about the STR<-> Maxis rail transition piece? Is it functional as well?

:) Mass

EDITWith any luck, Mass, we should be able to look at it "in the game" very shortly. -DE
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

inspecter

You know I have not seen STR crossing a road or street yet.

north country dude

Quote from: Tarkus on October 16, 2008, 12:42:28 AM
David, those pics are just absolutely amazing.  My hat's off to you, Jonathan (Warrior), Matt (threestooges), Dave (bighead99), and Dirk (north country dude)--you guys have done amazing work getting all the STR stuff together, in very short time, too.  I can't commend you all enough. :thumbsup:

Thanks, but,...

QuoteAnd thanks for the birthday wishes and the loud Wakeman.  :D  I myself have Yes' Tales from Topographic Oceans (probably my all-time favorite, top-3 for certain) cranked up on my iPod right now. ;D

No freakin' way!...really?...That was one of the first pieces of vinyl  I bought when I was a sophomore in High School. I loved the album art, the music, the lyrics,...well just about everything it,...a true classic. On a side note, ever heard of a group called Nectar? yep, I said vinyl, more presentation space for the album art

Peace dude and Happy B-day!   /&HiPP/%

___________________________________________________________________________________

Wow! David, I'm glad this "bleeding edge" stuff is able to make 3RR look even more realistic than before. I wish I could come here more often, but my dial-up connection makes me fearful of any MD's or CJ's....can't imagine why though,....  &mmm

Ya know? As wonderful as 3RR is in it's detailed conceptualization, it is a good testbed for new stuff too.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

dedgren

Heh, inspecter...

Now you have!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

inspecter

Quote from: dedgren on October 17, 2008, 06:10:08 PM

Yay a road crossing  &apls &apls

EDITYep.  And trains cross them, too.

-DE

Pat

David fantastic stuff!!! I am soo drooling here!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sim-al2

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

rhizome21

Here's my test review, without any photos but i didn't manage to convince the game to take them, except one which wasn't very good.
So, i tried the roads & rails on a very mountainous region, and i must say it's amazing how it adds on realism, especially for the roads. I noticed a few problems though (after all that was the aim of the test so, here we go)
- in a urban environment, we lose the possibility to have houses in the curves (no car access) so as a side release, it would be great to have houses that accept theses curves, or ploppable curves with houses included (not very realistic, but more eye-candy)
- in mountainous zones, i noticed that sometimes, when you put a 45° curve then a partial straight line, it appears to be functioning in the first place, then break, and it can't be repaired (demolition is necessary)
- i sometimes was unable to rotate the short 90° curve to gave the feeling of a very narrow curve (two possibilities were offered but not the one that could have been connected)
- when it's necessary to demolish, my computer (a lame old dell laptop by the way),was unable to go straight from the FAR menu to the bulldozer. It builds another road instead. I had to click again on the road menu, and then only on the bulldozer to make it work.

that's it. I noticed however, no problem with the rail, that i used less extensively

But, despite these minor inconveniences (eh, it's beta anyway), i must say it's the most coherent and workable add-on i ever saw on the game. And the STR (beta-test ?) looks really awesome

CasperVg

Quote- when it's necessary to demolish, my computer (a lame old dell laptop by the way),was unable to go straight from the FAR menu to the bulldozer. It builds another road instead. I had to click again on the road menu, and then only on the bulldozer to make it work.
I have noticed this issue myself, but it seems to appear with most, if not all, puzzle pieces currently available.

The Single Track Rail is looking awesome, David (and all RAMites). The bridges look splendid as well.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Great work there on that stuff, David! And nice pictures from it!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gardenwong

Don't foget the left-hand drive mode of the STR  :thumbsup:
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

inspecter

Quote from: gardenwong on October 18, 2008, 04:12:13 AM
Don't foget the left-hand drive mode of the STR  :thumbsup:
:\ Its one lane of track so there is no point of it being in Left hand drive.

freedo50

Well would ya take a look at that!

David, yet again you have surpassed all the superlatives in my vocabulary in such a massive way that they are now less than specks on the horizon. Welcome to the rebirth of SC4.

Fred

N.B. Sorry I haven't been around so much lately, uni is really taking it's toll on the amount of computer time I have and my inclination to fill it. It turns out running a society takes more effort than you'd think...

PhilsCafe

Hi David. This STR project is really taking off already. I was wondering, does the single track actually work in both directions? I don't know whether you mentioned that before... if you did, I'm sorry for asking :). Edit: Looks like I skipped too many pages... so it actually does go in both directions (now that's what you referred to as fully functional). How awesome is that!?

So, you decided to close 3RR-ST now? I just flipped through the first few pages again and I must say, maybe it was the right thing to do. Just like Nelly Furtado would say, all good things come to an end. However I'll be most definitely missing its presence on ST. Maybe you'll see me over here on SC4D more often now...

Keep up your amazing efforts!

Take care my friend,

- Phil

PS: As for your Alaska pics, I've just seen "Insomnia" with Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Hilary Swank the other night... the scenery they showed there was spectacular. You're lucky living in such a beautiful state!

nerdly_dood

Great update! Looking forward to STR beta release (if that will work the same as the FAR/FARR release)

@ PhilsCafe: The scenery in Alaska is infinitely better when youre actually there... ;) I have had the opportunity to find that out myself.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sithlrd98

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately . That is a great bridge and I am in awe of the progress of the STR!
I know that the deadline has passed for the beta results , with the exception of what I e-mailed you about David , the FAR/FARR is excellent. As far as the problem rhizome21  is having , I have had that problem with all of the NAM puzzle pieces as well as the RHW. I just work around it.

All I can say is Great Job to ALL involved in  this monumental addition!

Jayson