• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassHelper

Dave, for the first photos that you post about 18 hours on STR, I saw that there was a train that was going to a track over an invisible track... Would there be double slips for the STR <-> Double Rail junctions??

:) Mass

P.S. By double slips, I meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Double_slip_at_Munich_central.jpg
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

Swamper77

Quote from: Pat on October 21, 2008, 02:21:32 PM
David that is fantastic stuff there!!! I never saw Jan's train generator and well now I am going to have to wait to play with it siigh... Anyways all is looking darn great here!!

Pat,

My train generators are on the LEX: SW77 Train Generators. There are two Lots in the download, one spawns passenger trains and the other spawns freight trains.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

j-dub

Pat, just don't do what I did with the generateors. I noticed if I am in play and I demolish the track while the train is still on the track, or generates, or use the query over the track when its right there, their ghost gets stuck on that track, and won't erase no matter what. Same with freight truck generators. Oh well.

dedgren

I spent some time working on a STR sandbox quad tonight.  Here's a pair of pics.

This is the state of STR right now.  There's amazing stuff you can do with it, and the best is yet to come.

David

Just a small code correction. - RB
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

girlfromverona

That looks amazing, David!  :thumbsup:

art128

that's really great David  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Quote from: dedgren on October 21, 2008, 09:47:15 PM
and the best is yet to come.

IMHO, STR is already one of the best new SC4 inventions.  Although it may seem like it could hardly get any better, I realize that this is 3RR.  There's no end to improvement here.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

No jokes about yellow snow...

Just another teaser from the sandbox.  The yellow area is one of the game (press [ Ctrl ]-[ Alt ]-[ C ]) contour lines.

The 3RR-ST Archive is finally open, with Page 73 up.  Here's a [linkie] if you want to take a look.  I'm going to try to put up a new page every couple of days- nothing there you haven't seen before if you've followed 3RR at Simtropolis, but if you haven't you might be interested in what you find.

I discontinued further updates over at 3RR-ST on the 18th of this month.  Like I've said there, it was a very good run, but now it's time to move on.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

bat

Nice new testing pictures there of the STR! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more... ;)

art128

that's a great picture David  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Toichus Maximus

Looking excellent! Can't wait for more!

j-dub

[ Ctrl ]-[ Alt ]-[ C ] Contour lines? How did you find out about this? I'll have to try this myself.

frdrcklim

First time to go here :). And all this time, I thought I had everything that there is to get (not really). I know that there are some limitations in SC4 that can be explored but everything I've seen in here is just crazy :D. Now, I am super looking forward to the NAM. This must be the best update so far.

Contour lines. I didn't know that.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

thundercrack83

Ooh, more STR goodness!

Kind of takes some of the sting out of the Phillies' loss tonight. Some, but not all...

Keep up the first-rate work here, David, and I hope you have a great upcoming weekend, my friend!

Dustin

allan_kuan1992

I'm going to have to drool over the STR and the FAR/FARR $%Grinno$%

Everything is beyond what Maxis could ever think of...

- Allan Kuan

gardenwong

hope there will be more switch for the STR :thumbsup:
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Sciurus

Very good idea for the one way for the rail! I waited that! When will it be download?

EDITHeh, my friend- it needs to be upload first.  That's a ways down the, er... track.  Look for a beta after the first of the new year. -DE
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

dedgren

Just a few more eyecandy pics of the STR sandbox quad as we head into the weekend.

This time there's a train on those tracks.

Just basic terraforming, a few trees and the STR to date.  This quad will be where I will pre-alpha test things as they come along.  We don't have a lot of trackage items left on our list to complete, but I think you'll find those things, as you see them here, pretty interesting.  There's also a couple of great new bridges and viaducts in the works, as well.

The RAM Team appreciates both your interest and your patience, as we get this great addition ready to go into your game.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

un1

I can't wait! ... I'll be waiting...

Nice work on it.  &apls

-un1

deathtopumpkins