• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - inCAMpatible Mods

Started by RippleJet, August 03, 2007, 05:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

The manual contains a concise list of the most commonly used mods that are not compatible with the Colossus Addon Mod.

This thread gives a little more detail about these mods and why they are "inCAMpatible".

Attached to this thread is also the latest CAM_Cleanitol.txt file. Updated 10/07/2009.
That file should be run by BSC Cleanitol™ in order remove the most obvious inCAMpatible mods.

Cheat/Radical Mods Set 1 by Karybdis

This is an old KBI mod, and not that much in use.
The mod lowers the R$ stage caps so that they occur at much lower popluations with stage 8 starting around 1000.

The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well. Karybdis' mod would disable stages 9-15 for R$ and ruin the smooth development through the stages.

Stage Limit Mod V1.0 by Toroca

Toroca's mod alters the residential and/or commercial office stage limits, in order to allow commercial skyscrapers to appear earlier, and keep the residential ones from appearing until later. The purpose of the mod is to eliminate the "downtown hole", which Rush Hour having residential skyscrapers appear earlier than office towers.

The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well. Toroca's mod would disable stages 9-15 for both residentials and commercial offices.
The CAM also eliminates of the "downtown hole", since residential and commerical skyscrapers should appear roughly at the same time.

Residential Cap Mod by newyorkrunaway1

This mod changes the Stage vs. Size properties so that the thresholds for R§§ and R§§§ are lowered to the same levels as for R§ in Rush Hour.

The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well. Newyorkrunaway1's mod would disable stages 9-15 for residentials.

Commercial Cap Mod by newyorkrunaway1

This mod changes the Stage vs. Size properties so that the thresholds for CS§§, CS§§§, CO§§ and CO§§§ are lowered to the same levels as for CS§ in Rush Hour.

The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well. Newyorkrunaway1's mod would disable stages 9-15 for commercials.

RCImulti modpack by niloluiz

This mod contains several files, and most of them are inCAMpatible.

Especially desire_override.cat, which changes all RCI developer exemplars where the growth stages are set.
Also, all files in subfolders homejobs, jobs and RCIdemand change the RCI exemplars that are included in CAM.

Super Demand Mod (Not Demand Ordinance) by RadicalOne

This mod sets the demand for individual RCI types to either exactly 0 or exactly 6,000.

CAM changes the maximum demand to 24,000 for residentials and commercials,
and stage 15 residential and commercial towers may have capacities exceeding 20,000.

This mod would thus effectively block all higher capacity CAMeLots from growing.

Farm Mod by uroncha

This mod changes the Traffic Effect on farms and the Demand Source for farms.
Both these properties are included in the I-R developer exemplar that includes the Stage vs. Size properties which are altered in CAM.

Uroncha's mod would disable stages 4-7 for farms.

Lower Pedriana Farms Frequency Mod by bones1

This mod includes two parts, Even Stage Farms and No Pedriana Farms.

The Even Stage Farms changes the Stage vs. Size properties so that the ratio between stage 1, 2 and 3 farms settles at 60/30/10.
The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well, and the ratio between stage 1, 2 and 3 in CAM starts at 50/30/20.
The Even Stage Farms would disable farming stages 4-7 in CAM.

The No Pedriana Farms changes the Growth Stage of that farm to 4.
Since farming stage 4 is enabled in CAM, this mod wouldn't block the Pedriana Farms anymore.

Farming Jobs Multiplier by RalphaelNinja/Rubik3

This mod comes in four variations, multiplying the occupancies of in-game farms by 2, 3, 10 or 50.

The occupancy has been changed for all farms in CAM. E.g. the occupancy of the Pedriana Plant has been increased from 13 to 88.
The agricultural occupancy set by CAM is once again in line with those values developed for Wouanagaine's "X Tool", and makes the Farming Jobs Multiplier superfluous.

Industry Quadrupler V2.1 by Toroca

Industrial occupancy was set too low by Maxis. Toroca's mod multiplied the occupancy of all industrial buildings by 4.

The occupancy has been changed for all industrial buildings in CAM. Some have been multiplied by more than 6, but some have actually been reduced.
The industrial occupancy set by CAM is in line with those values developed for Wouanagaine's "X Tool", and makes the Industrial Quadrupler superfluous.

Industry Doubler by bones1

Industrial occupancy was set too low by Maxis. bones1's mod multiplied the occupancy of all industrial buildings by 2.

The occupancy has been changed for all industrial buildings in CAM. Some have been multiplied by more than 6, but some have actually been reduced.
The industrial occupancy set by CAM is in line with those values developed for Wouanagaine's "X Tool", and makes the Industrial Doubler superfluous.

Less Abandonment by bones1

The intent of this mod is to reduce the amount of abandonment and dilapidation of high-wealth buildings.
It does this in a non-cheating natural way, to prevent high-wealth buildings from growing in areas that will likely cause them to abandon in the near future.

This mod is included in the CAM, and thus it is superfluous.

Abandonment Dilapidation Modd 1.2 by RalphaelNinja

The No Dilapidation part of this mod changes the occupancy of all $$ and $$$ residential and commerical buildings, so that only the highest wealth occupancy remains.
Thus, those buildings cannot dilapidate.

Since a number of residential buildings and offices are included and modded in the CAM, this mod would reset these changes.

Block All Maxis Mod by DuskTrooper

This mod blocks Maxis in-game lots from growing by removing all TileSet Occupant Groups and setting the Industrial Occupant Groups to 0xFFFFFFFF.
Since all in-game buildings are included, this mod would override all changes that are included in the CAM, most notably industrial occupancies.

The BSC No Maxis mod changes the Growth Stage of all lots to 255, and should be used instead, if you want to block Maxis buildings from growing.

No Maxis Building Mod by dhamp

This mod blocks Maxis in-game lots from growing by removing all TileSet Occupant Groups, in exactly the same way as DuskTrooper's mod. Industrial buildings are not blocked though.
Since all in-game residential and commercial buildings are included, this mod would override a few changes that are included in the CAM.

The BSC No Maxis mod changes the Growth Stage of all lots to 255, and should be used instead, if you want to block Maxis buildings from growing.

No Maxis Building Mod v2 by dhamp

This is a version of dhamp's No Maxis Building Mod which allows the blocking of Maxis buildlings on a much more detailed scale.
It contains 33 separate blockers, and only a few of them are actually inCAMpatible, such as those blocking stage 7-8 buildings.
Those would override changes that are included in the CAM.

Tileset Mod by Tolomar

The first Maxis blocker changed all residential and commercial buildings so that they exist only for the Chicago Tile-Set.
Since all in-game residential and commercial buildings are included, this mod would override some changes that are included in the CAM.

Graph Maximum Mod by crazykid4simcity

According to the author this mod changes the maximum amount of demand the RCI shows.
But that's all it does, it doesn't change the demand range at all.

Thus, this mod shouldn't be used whether you have the CAM or not.
The demand would still be plotted as if the graph went from -6000 to 6000 (or -6000 to 24000 as set by CAM), but the ticks on the graph would show erroneous numbers.

DD Bar-Graphs Mod by dada222

This mod turns the lines that appear on most graphs to bars that appear only on the demand and the population by age graph.

Since the demand graph exemplar is included in this mod, with the default setting of ±6,000, this mod would screw up the demand graph with the CAM.

peg-MTP Residential Replacement Mod by Pegasus

Every game-default Residential lot has been modified or replaced with MTP styled lots and buildings in this mod.
Similar to a new tile set, this mod goes beyond by actually changing the appearance of the lots as well and giving your game a completely different look.

This mod would change every in-game building and lot, overriding the changes made by CAM.

peg-MTP CS$ Replacement Mod by Pegasus

Every game-default low wealth Commercial Service lot has been modified or replaced with MTP styled lots and buildings in this mod.
Similar to a new tile set, this mod goes beyond by actually changing the appearance of the lots as well and giving your game a completely different look.

This mod would change every in-game building and lot, overriding the changes made by CAM.

peg-MTP CS$$ Replacement Mod by Pegasus

Every game-default medium wealth Commercial Service lot has been modified or replaced with MTP styled lots and buildings in this mod.

RippleJet

I've attached an updated CAM_Cleanitol.txt file to the first post of this thread.
Whenever we find out yet another mod that is inCAMpatible, the list in here will be updated as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

RippleJet

The CAM_Cleanitol.txt file has been updated, with the inclusion of three more inCAMpatible mods:

• Residential Cap Mod by newyorkrunaway1
  • Commercial Cap Mod by newyorkrunaway1
  • DD Bar-Graphs Mod by dada222

dragonshardz

I belleive I have found another one that is a lot-based demand booster: the "Plopmatic 9000". I tried to start SC4 with this and the CAM in my plugins folder, and when I started a city, SC4 CTD'd. And if that lot wasn't at fault, it really shouldn't be in a CAM city anyway (in my humble opinion).

RippleJet

As such, it isn't inCAMpatible, but way too radical.

Besides, the Demand Created property contains a huge amont of high values (500,000) that shouldn't be there.
They should be under Capacity Satisfied, and not include capacities for all RCI types at once (R§, R§§, R§§§, CO§§, CO§§§, CS§, CS§§, CS§§§, IR, ID, IM, IHT).

Since it is a lot, not a mod, it won't cause any CTD by just residing in the plugins folder though.

dragonshardz

I took it out anyway, I didn't think it should be in any city anyhow!

Unless you really need it.

RippleJet

No, I agree, that is one of those early radical mods that destroy the game play completely.

I didn't even know about its existence until you asked about it.
But I've never missed it, and never will I miss it! ()stsfd()

dragonshardz

Ennedi

I don't use CAM, but knowing the PEG MTP Replacement Mod is not compatible with it, I would like to suggest you to check the following sets from NOB's site (look for them here, in the lower part of this page):

- Japanese House SET
- Japanese House SET2 (I used it in my MD in the seashore towns)
- Japanese Farmhouse SET

In descriptions you can read "overwrite", using the BSC No Maxis mod I wasn't be able to get them, they grew only when I removed the blocking mod.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

RippleJet

After taking a quick look at NOB's Japanese House sets, I don't think they will interfere with the CAM. ;)

However, all his lots have the property LotConfigPropertyFamily set to one of the in-game residential lot families, so that might be the cause for them not growing.

Ennedi

Thank you Tage, it's and important information for me for the future ;)

QuoteHowever, all his lots have the property LotConfigPropertyFamily set to one of the in-game residential lot families, so that might be the cause for them not growing.

So, it is possible that BSC No Maxis Mod can block some other custom stuff too? (sorry for going off-topic)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

RippleJet

Quote from: Ennedi on November 05, 2007, 04:22:19 PM
So, it is possible that BSC No Maxis Mod can block some other custom stuff too? (sorry for going off-topic)

We're not fully aware of how the LotConfigPropertyFamily property is working.
We know that, if it is present in residential buildings, it will mostly (99% of the time) block it from growing.

However, commercial and industrial buildings seem to be growing with that property present. ()what()

TheTeaCat

Just thought that you might like to know that the "remove from menu" modd by Favrekev04linkie can cause conflicts.

When the remove fire/police/schools/health dats were used it caused a recurring strike at the start of each month for all of those buildings in the tile. (reset budgets to zero)

personally i use the remove landmarks to help with the clutter but had left the others in by mistake and found the above. Once removed all was back to normal. :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

RippleJet

Thanks Derry, I took a quick look at Favrekev04's mod...

It seems like he's removed all Occupant Groups from the civic buildings...
Removing them all might change the functioning of existing buildings as well...

He should have removed only one occupant group, the one determining the menu placement.

In addition to that, for some strange reason he seems to have modded the monthly costs as well.
E.g. the elementary school has a monthly cost of 301 instead of 300, and no cost for the school buses...
A certain way to cause the phantom funding sliders bug...

In any case, Favrekev04's mod is not inCAMpatible, but it isn't very well tested over all.

TheTeaCat

No worries RJ.

Like I say the only one I use is the one for the landmarks as it helps with the clutter. ;)
Must admit it gave me a shock to have strike after strike. Handy I suppose for a md storyline or something  ::)

It won't make me spill my tea and here's one for you  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dadyrghluv

not exactly sure if this is the right spot for this question, but i cant seem to find the proper thread, and since it's CAM related, i'll ask here.

when i run the BSC Cleanitol program, it creates a back-up of whatever list i ran in the file list, which is where all of my lists are compiled. is it ok to delete these? E.G:

Cleanitol_networkaddonmod
Cleanitol_networkaddonmod_results

(i would like to get rid of the results file in the list) my file list is getting clustered and is making it hard to find my file lists. i DO know that Cleanitol makes a back-up of the results in the C:/my documents folder.

i also wanted to know do i have to run these multiple times, the lists, if i add a new CAMeLOT??

Don't mistake stupidity for courage

wouanagaine

You can safely delete the 'result' file, it just a kind of log so you can see what has been moved

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

Besides, the result list is also saved in the backup folder, so the results.txt can safely be deleted.

Quote from: dadyrghluv on November 24, 2007, 03:08:37 PM
i also wanted to know do i have to run these multiple times, the lists, if i add a new CAMeLOT??

Most downloaded lots that come with Cleanitol lists have them mainly for the purpose of checking dependencies.
If you are uncertain whether you have them all, I do recommend that you run Cleanitol with them.

If you download megapacks, I would urge you to run the Cleanitol list, since it might replace outdated files, which need to be removed.

dadyrghluv

thanx guys, i always wondered about that.

the CAM seems to be working according to its design so far, and have no trouble with it. another quickie question is some of the CAM lots need building from the STEX @ simtrop, like NDEX for instance, now when i need a building from NDEX, do i need all of it's dependecys as well or just the model.dat file from the building itself?

i downloaded the building along with it's dependencys, (NDEX essentials, NDEX textures, ETC.) so far no problems, but i dont want any extra plugins if i dont need them.

i am extremley new to the CAM, and have read very little about up until earlier today, and i just had to give it a shot. sorry for all the stupid questions.

Don't mistake stupidity for courage

RippleJet

Quote from: dadyrghluv on November 24, 2007, 06:35:12 PM
another quickie question is some of the CAM lots need building from the STEX @ simtrop, like NDEX for instance, now when i need a building from NDEX, do i need all of it's dependecys as well or just the model.dat file from the building itself?

i downloaded the building along with it's dependencys, (NDEX essentials, NDEX textures, ETC.) so far no problems, but i dont want any extra plugins if i dont need them.

No, you only need the model from the original upload. Usually this is in a SC4Model file, sometimes it might be in a DAT file.
You do not need to save any SC4Desc files or SC4Lot files from the original upload, and you do not need any dependencies mentioned in the original upload. :thumbsup:

In addition to the model, you might need dependencies for the CAMeLot, but they are always listed in the upload here at BSC LEX.

Quote from: dadyrghluv on November 24, 2007, 06:35:12 PM
i am extremley new to the CAM, and have read very little about up until earlier today, and i just had to give it a shot. sorry for all the stupid questions.

Your questions aren't stupid!
There is a lot of information to read that will probably answer most of your questions in the stickied threads at the CAM board. ;)
Take your time ti read them and feel free to ask when you wonder about something! :)