• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilfried

You have to change it in the Windows Registry too.

Highrise99

Quote from: Wilfried on May 31, 2010, 07:29:10 AM
You have to change it in the Windows Registry too.
Yes, I also changed it in Windows Registry.

Paul 999

Quote from: Tarkus on May 28, 2010, 04:31:15 PM
I've replicated the "east side" issue on the Wider RHW Neighbor Connectors, and it seems that it is not possible to fully rotate any multi-tile piece that is oriented north-south next to the east side of a city tile--the same happens with the fillers and starters as well.  The NWM's dual-tile neighbor connectors are oriented east-west and work fine.  By all indications, this seems to be an unanticipated quirk with the game itself. 

I do have an idea of how to solve it now, and it will require changing the multi-tile RHW neighbor connector pieces from north-south to east-west orientation, which will require changing the RUL entries and modifying the models and changing some IIDs to work properly with the AutoTileBase mechanism.  This will require an updated controller, an update to the RHW mod itself (4.0.5) with the caveat that any RHW-6C/8/10 Neighbor Connectors will need to be rebuilt due to the changes.  While doing so, I'll fix the LTEXTs and pull the arrows off the pieces.

I have the same problem... I have make a connector for RHW-6C in first city. Now i go to the neighbor city and see that all traffic was gone! I have wait a time and the car and trucks gone ride again but, my stations for GLR, bus, train etc are not work see picture.

The RHW-4 connector work good by my.

I don't of this is the right thread for this problem.

Highrise99

Can anyone explain the RHW-4 neighbor connectors to me; what does the IN and OUT mean?

sim-al2

Basically they have paths that go both ways, which tricks the game into thinking they are bi-direction networks for the purposes of making connections. You sims, however, won't go the wrong way because all the other tiles on the highway would be one-way.

I.E.: Diagram

lane ->->->-><->
lane ->->->-><->(city edge)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Highrise99

Thanks, but which one should I use when?  I have LHD mode.

Tarkus

The "IN" and "OUT" are actually completely irrelevant and you can ignore them.  They're a holdover on the piece descriptions from how they had at one point been designed.  The "IN" and "OUT" labels will be gone with the 4.0.5 release.  As long as the white/yellow lines are on the correct side, the NC pieces should work.

-Alex

debutterfly

Here are some suggestions of what I would like to be added (by importance) to the next/future release of the RHW Modd.
1. Diagonal Elevated-HeavyRail over Diagonal RHW (Definately)
2. Straight Elevated-HeavyRail over Diagonal RHW (Definately)
3. Diagonal RHW networks over FLUP networks (Definately)
4. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Straight Elevated-Road Intersection (Probably)
5. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Diagonal Elevated-Road Intersection (Probably)
6. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Straight Elevated-Avenue Intersection (Probably)
7. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Diagonal Elevated-Avenue Intersection (Probably)
8. Slip-Lane MIS to Road/Avenue/OWR NWM networks (Probably)
9. RHW-2/MIS TuLEPs (Probably)

I will keep on updating this list as I think of more things that are missing from the RHW v4.0.4

Larry (debutterfly)

FireSka

Will textures ever be created for this mod that look exactly like the Maxis highway textures?  This way the mod can be used in conjunction with the Maxis highways and not look so out-of-place.

deathtopumpkins

If someone wants to create some, they're welcome to, but I don't think too many people would download it, as frankly, the FHW textures are awful.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: debutterfly on June 01, 2010, 06:18:58 AM
Here are some suggestions of what I would like to be added (by importance) to the next/future release of the RHW Modd.
1. Diagonal Elevated-HeavyRail over Diagonal RHW (Definately)
2. Straight Elevated-HeavyRail over Diagonal RHW (Definately)
3. Diagonal RHW networks over FLUP networks (Definately)
4. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Straight Elevated-Road Intersection (Probably)
5. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Diagonal Elevated-Road Intersection (Probably)
6. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Straight Elevated-Avenue Intersection (Probably)
7. Diagonal Elevated-MIS with Diagonal Elevated-Avenue Intersection (Probably)
8. Slip-Lane MIS to Road/Avenue/OWR NWM networks (Probably)

I will keep on updating this list as I think of more things that are missing from the RHW v4.0.4

Larry (debutterfly)

All good suggestions, I'd say . . . and probably stuff that'll work its way into the various 4.x releases.

Quote from: FireSka on June 01, 2010, 10:23:48 AM
Will textures ever be created for this mod that look exactly like the Maxis highway textures?  This way the mod can be used in conjunction with the Maxis highways and not look so out-of-place.

Changing the RHW to a Maxis design would also require repathing and a lot of extensive re-working in other areas that wouldn't make sense due to the Maxis Highways being as horribly underscaled--50% compared to the rest of the game's networks.

Actually, the other way around (Maxis highway textures that look exactly like the RHW) is far more likely. 

-Alex

j-dub

FireSka, previous mods have been made where the Maxis highway texture will look close to the RHW textures. Both require matching texture mods. Ththe Highway Restyling Asphalt texture (the mod that makes ground highways have shoulders not walls) and Euro RHW textures made the networks look relatively close. However, despite how close they looked from having the same asphalt, there would still need to be a Maxis ground highway to RHW-6 conversion with the same texture. And the asphalt styling I am talking about here is more Euro since there is no yellow line in the middle.

This last decade, when the MIS was first introduced with the RHW, it at one time used to have a grey texture with a yellow line that the highway restyling project's American cement textures used to match up with. So I have seen exactly what you want previously FireSka. The width of the lanes however with Maxis ground highway vs the RHW6s and 6c will still be different.

Nego

Quote from: debutterfly on June 01, 2010, 06:18:58 AM
Here are some suggestions of what I would like to be added (by importance) to the next/future release of the RHW Mod.

As you can see from the quote below, TuLEPs will be most likely added in 4.1-4.3, though Tarkus's post is subject to change. ;)

Quote from: Tarkus on May 16, 2010, 03:10:58 PM

In case anyone's wondering what the interim long-term plan is:

• Early 4.x series releases - mostly new ramp interfaces, transitions, curves/fractional angles and cosmetic pieces, improved stability of existing features, new DRIs, possible addition of ERHW-2 and RHW-3.  First TuLEPs likely to appear.
  • Mid 4.x series releases - conversion of SPUIs to WAVERide system, expansion of FLEXFly, likely more ramp interfaces/DRIs, curves, etc. (as they're an ongoing thing)
  • Late 4.x series releases - incorporation of Wider ERHWs
  • 5.0 - incorporation of Multi-Height ERHWs/EMIS, fully-modular stack interchange functionality possible.  (Initial groundwork may be integrated by 4.8 or 4.9.)
It goes without saying that there are no dates attached to these bullet points, and they are, of course, subject to change. 

-Alex

Quote from: FireSka on June 01, 2010, 10:23:48 AM

I'd like to note that the textures used in the RHW are meant to look more realistic than the Maxis ones. Also, the lanes in the RHW are slightly wider than the Maxis ones so there would be issues in exact replication. There is, however, a concrete texture in development by
Quote from: Tarkus on May 04, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
deathtopumpkins and mightygoose
as well as other textures in development for the RHW, but textures that look just like the Maxis ones are currently not in development. Sorry. &mmm

FireSka

Thanks for the replies.  Re-texturing the Maxis highways to look like the RHW textures would be fine too.  The really long lane-dividing white stripes on the RHW with long gaps between them bother me a bit, that's all.  But, I read that version 4.0 has some updated textures.  The textures in this screenshot (from the RHW wikipedia) look amazing...more like a normal American highway's lane stripes.  I'd love to have these (as long as they aren't the European ones): http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Image:Terran_Settlement-Aug._24,_321217534862.png

Something similar to the avenue texture, in other words.

sitejunction

could use some new RHW-10 ramps like RHW-10/mis/RHW-8 and RHW-10/RHW-4/RHW-6

Nego

Quote from: FireSka on June 01, 2010, 02:40:09 PM
Thanks for the replies.  Re-texturing the Maxis highways to look like the RHW textures would be fine too.  The really long lane-dividing white stripes on the RHW with long gaps between them bother me a bit, that's all.  But, I read that version 4.0 has some updated textures.  The textures in this screenshot (from the RHW wikipedia) look amazing...more like a normal American highway's lane stripes.  I'd love to have these (as long as they aren't the European ones): http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Image:Terran_Settlement-Aug._24,_321217534862.png

Something similar to the avenue texture, in other words.

I'm sorry if I disappoint you, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that those are the OLD RHW textures and they are not available anymore.

sim-al2

Those were the old European mod textures too. ::) But on another thought, I know that the first textures Maxis had for the highway was a 4-lane network. It was EA that pressured them into making the 6-lane textures. Some 4-lane Maxis highways would actually be very useful.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

kukuman

Quote from: fafalone on May 17, 2010, 03:15:52 PM
If you place two FLEXfly pieces with 1 or 2 (and I didn't test 3) tiles between them, in a position that's basically mirrored, like:

_|  |_

going over a RHW4,
the highway in between those pieces reverts to RHW2 with no possible way to convert it back to RHW4 or anything else. Is this a bug or a design limitation?

It is possible to do this. You have to build starter pieces next to the FlexFly pieces, but they can't extend underneath the FlexFly so you usually have to demolish a piece of it. Then you build the FlexFly pieces and extend the starters underneath. It's a bit tricky, I could post how I did it if anyone cares enough.

MandelSoft

Quote from: sitejunction on June 01, 2010, 04:53:28 PM
could use some new RHW-10 ramps like RHW-10/mis/RHW-8 and RHW-10/RHW-4/RHW-6
You mean something like this?

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Glazert

mrtnrln: those ramps would be really great to have, especially when two motorways merge together before splitting again.