• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

metarvo

It looks like this is the end of having to split the wider RHWs into multi RHW-4s for overpasses.  Nice.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mike3775

Quote from: metarvo on February 14, 2013, 05:18:28 AM
It looks like this is the end of having to split the wider RHWs into multi RHW-4s for overpasses.  Nice.  :)

That is the best part IMO.  Finally be able to make interchanges without having to narrow the highways at all will be awesome

Durfsurn

Well after 100000000000000 years maybe! Thats awesome (and draggable i assume)

spot

i love the low height over passes. One thing that always bothered me with the current NAM

sunv123

Oooh, draggable. :satisfied:

OOh, and L1 diagonals... that can cross diagonally...

Just gotta be happy. ()stsfd()
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

metarvo

If you take a look at downtown Dallas, TX on Google Maps, one thing you'll notice right away is all of the diagonals.  Woodall Rogers Fwy. is diagonal for pretty much all of its length, crossing several diagonal side streets.  R.L. Thornton Freeway has its fair share of diagonality as well, including a nearly 45° interchange with Central Expressway and — you guessed it — I-45.  ;D  So, the inclusion of multi-width, multi-height diagonal overpasses is making the recreation of this city that much more viable.  I'll probably use the 7.5 m overpasses most of the time since they're more in tune with the average RL overpass.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Durfsurn

in RL diagonal can also be straight and everything else is diagonal just some food for thought

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on February 17, 2013, 01:44:51 AM
in RL diagonal can also be straight and everything else is diagonal just some food for thought

Except we have a name for un-diagonal: Orthogonal, and no, it doesn't mean perpendicular. It means "In line with Simcity 4's grid", which, for the record, is north-south-east-west.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

metarvo

Exactly.  Just to clarify, the "diagonal interchange" I referred to earlier was in fact a perpendicular interchange of a NW-SE freeway with a NE-SW one.  A DxD interchange, as I've heard them called in NAM-style terminolgy.  There are plenty of OxD's in Dallas, too.

AngryBirdsFan436

YAY! 1 week to go and we will party out loud on NAM day 3/1! Here's my comments (or pseudo slogans :P) of the past RHW releases
1. RHW V12/13: The first rural highway. Perfect for rural cities!
2. RHW 2.0: First incarnation of MIS and wider RHWs
3. RHW 3.0: First incarnation of ERHW and EMIS and first release of true-wide RHWs (RHW-6C, RHW-8S and above)
4. RHW 4.0/4.1: The most buggy RHW release ever! (A.K.A: 404 Texture Not Found release) :P :D $%Grinno$% ;D Actually it was awesome! First release of FlexFly, DRI, pre-fab-ish SPUI, RHW-8C, cosmetic pieces, and FARHW.
5. RHW 5.0: Best RHW release before P57. :thumbsup: It has DDRHW-4, diagonal wider RHWs, more cosmetic pieces, ramp interfaces for AVE-4 and stability changes.
6. P57/NAM 31: This is going to be AWESOME! &apls :thumbsup:
Are you NAMbies ready for 3/1? Just 1 week to go! &hlp &hlp
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Durfsurn

Do I remember word about a feature freeze date coming up? Will there be a final list of features on this date? (Sorry if this seems hassling but I am just askin')

Swordmaster

I don't think anyone wants to spend too much time making a list of features. Right now it's crunch time to get it ready for release. Besides, we still want to surprise you ;)

Cheers
Willy

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on February 19, 2013, 11:33:24 AM
There won't be a list until the release itself.

-Alex

And thats the way it should be

bremnertx

Im so excited for the release.  A week after my birthday.  Such a nice gift from the NAM team.

sunv123

Anyways... It's (almost) a week from the release date...

Get your streamers and party hats ready guys. :party:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.