• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Hey mightygoose! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the roundabout. I agree with you, the way it looks in the picture it would be extremely dangerous.
The problem is, there is only this one very simple avenue raundabout in the game. In my imagination it would look more like this example from the town I live in: http://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.028248,8.220949&spn=0.002402,0.005134&t=k&z=18

It is signalized and has dedicated lanes for each direction, so there is no weaving. You have to get in the right lane before entering the traffic circle.
I think I'll need roundabout-tuleps to recreate this. But I don't bet on getting those any time soon. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Your country club looks nice  :thumbsup:  Be careful though--even though the city owns the land they might have trouble evicting their rich tenants. I used to live in a city that was unable to establish an important right-of-way through a country club due to their powerful lobbying...

The airport looks great as well and I enjoyed the surrounding warehouse district in the previous update  :)

Girafe

Really good medium airport and the golf is so green  &blush
good job :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Battlecat

That google shot reminds me of the new roundabouts going in near my home.  They are at least as complex but it's going to be messy since roundabout are relatively new to our area. 

Great job on that golf course in the latest update!

nbvc

Skimbo

The golf course looks nice althrough it's located next to the airport.... But why do I count 17 holes only ??? (Should be 18)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

solsystem

Great updates!  &apls I love your Country Club, it's a inspiring example for me.

RickD

Tomas Neto:
QuoteCabrillo Country Club is a fantastic golf course!!! Great work!!!
Thanks, Tomas!

daryl7478:
QuoteNice golf course there! I would just imagine golfing and seeing 747s. Only if they could fit in the airport....
Yes that would be awesome. And if you made a bad shot you could always blame it on the turbines. ;)

noahclem:
QuoteYour country club looks nice  Be careful though--even though the city owns the land they might have trouble evicting their rich tenants. I used to live in a city that was unable to establish an important right-of-way through a country club due to their powerful lobbying...

The airport looks great as well and I enjoyed the surrounding warehouse district in the previous update
I guess that is why I prefer to be an SC4 mayor and not a real one. ;)

Girafe:
QuoteReally good medium airport and the golf is so green
good job
Glad you like it!

Battlecat:
QuoteThat google shot reminds me of the new roundabouts going in near my home.  They are at least as complex but it's going to be messy since roundabout are relatively new to our area.

Great job on that golf course in the latest update!
Thanks! Roundabouts are great in theory. But most people don't know how to use them which makes them useless in most places around here. But I was very pleasently surprised when I experienced how well roundabouts work in Ireland and Scotland.

nbvc:
QuoteGreat updates.
Glad you like them.

Skimbo:
QuoteThe golf course looks nice althrough it's located next to the airport.... But why do I count 17 holes only (Should be 18)
First of all, I didn't think anyone would look so closely at my pics. This is nice to know. :)
The reason for the missing hole is probably that I know almost nothing about golf courses.  &ops

art128:
QuoteAwesome !
Thanks!

Solsystem:
QuoteGreat updates! I love your Country Club, it's a inspiring example for me.
Wow, thanks.

Bonus pic:

Of course those rich golf playing folks don't reside in ordinary airport hotels. They prefer the luxurious Hotel Zaza.
My name is Raphael.

kwakelaar

Really great looking industrial area in update 22. Lots of large lots with large buildings is making this quite realistic.
The exclusive golf course next to the run-way is a nice idea, but you would have to be a very keen golf player to enjoy walking next to the runway. :)

Tomas Neto

Yeah..., nice bonus pic!!! Great work on this beach!!!  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Wow! Love the beach!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

cubby420

I'd like to reserve an ocean view suite for next weekend please  ()stsfd()

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

scott1964

In regards to pics 21.4 and 21.5 Where and how did you do those intersections?  :o  Updates are looking good.  :)

marsh

RickD

My name is Raphael.

Sciurus

Wonderful pic! &apls &apls Happy new year to you too!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *