• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

RickD

And the award for the 500th comment goes to ... Skimbo&dance

Thank you all who have commented on my MD.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Excellent update, also congrats on  500 replies!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

Sorry for missing this awesome Update! Very varied pictures &apls

Congrats for 500Replies, well deserved ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Tomas Neto

Wow Raphael, fantastic update, really a amazing city!!!   :thumbsup:

Edit.: Welcome to the classics!!!   &apls &apls

Nanami

Pretty nice update! ;D
congratulation for 500th post!

Exla357

Well, seeing as you have over 500 comments a more than 27000 page views, you should be on your way to the classics if I'm not mistaken. Congratulations!

&hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp

-Alex  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Here is a fantastic MD that definately deserves to be among The Classics.

Congratulations from myslef and The SC4D Staff on the move to The Classic section!!

&apls &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Congrats on the new section!!!
Also fantastic new update and looking forward to more... ;)

noahclem

Awesome job with that rail line!  &apls

And congratulations on the big move to the Classics!!!  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

Awesome update! Its great how you took us along for the ride - every city always can improve on something. Traffic is becoming a problem in Rawa'a, and the local government is thinking about introducing some sort of mass transportation system :)

antn

This is great, I really like your way of building cities, interesting story, nice to hear that Glen have changed his commuting habits, that mint green van of his is truly a gas guzzler.

RickD

This is my first update in the Classics Section. Thanks to all of you who made this possible.  &apls

As most of you already know, the new NAM has been released. Of course, I have been looking forward to NAM day all year. I was totally surprised to see it released. But it was my girlfriends birthday on saturday and we already had plans for the weekend. So i could not play at all. :(
I took the first opportunity to try out the new NAM. These are the first results. I have yet to discover all the new features. Let me know if I can still improve something.

This is the before situation. I had to convert the MAVE-6 to AVE-4 because of the diagonal stretch.

Now the road is six lanes all the way.

Another before-situation. The main flaw here is the lane drop that narrows I-5 from six to four lanes through the interchange.

No more lane drops. The interchange now has regular exit and entrance lanes.

Also new traffic lights were installed at the intersection to the right. There are two visual flaws I see here: The crosshatching on the slip lane piece is missing (hope Nego16 will update his mod) and I do not like the road piece in the middle with grassy sidewalk between the two turning lanes. I don't know how to make it any better, though.

I was finally able to widen this overpass next to the Nelson Muntz Housing Project.

The new overpass. As you can tell by the arrow to the right the 6-lane section ends behind the overpass. There is a diagonal in the next elevated section. I will have to wait for a future RHW release to widen that part.

This was the first part of my NAM30 Road Improvement series. More to come soon.
If you are not into roadgeeking you can skip the next updates.

Replies:

DerChrischi, Sciurus, sumwonyuno, ricardomiranda, nbvc, apeguy, art128, Framly, Tomas Neto, 976, bat, packersfan, noahclem, nedalezz, antn:
Thank you all!

Terring7:
QuoteJust an idea. To reduce even more the commute time of the Sims, how about some tram-el lines?
I love the EL-Rail and I am still looking for an opportunity to use it in my region.

eufl:
QuoteKeep on Your fine work and make backups (i´ve lost nearly all sc4 stuff weeks ago)
Oh no, that's too bad. I've got two external USB Hard Disks and use Windows Backup to backup all my files. But I've learned it the hard way, too.  %wrd

Exla357:
QuoteHmmm, you changed to more modernized trains. It will take a little getting used to, but I think it's for the better.
Those are the SBlink Metro Trains (actually a BART train skin). As I can have only one train skin at a time I will exchange this skin with the Surfliner skin once in a while.

threestooges:
QuoteQuite nice to be able to do things like read a paper during a trip like that. Even with a commute of 30 minutes each way, that's still an hour of underproductive time each day. Even if you ride in a carpool you don't have the facilities available to you that you would have with rail. However, the rail revolves around proper connections at either end. I'd love to take the train to work personally, but the nearest station is still a significant bus ride away. All told, it's faster to drive. But I suppose that's the case for any system, it's a balance of convenience for everyone.
My daily commute is over 2 hours (both ways). I have to take the car because there is no acceptable train connection. The only thing I can do while driving is listening to audio books or make phone calls with friends. I would love to take the train. I could play Sim City on my laptop while driving to work. ;)

Ryan B.:
QuoteThis is awesome work!  :D

Just one question for you - where did you get the cross-hatching on the TuLEP pieces - or is that all Photoshopped?
Thanks, Ryan. The hatching is a Mod by Nego16. It is available at Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26229-tulep-texture-mod/

weeally:
QuoteLooks awesome dude, where did you get those rail stations with the elevators up and down?
The train stations are made by the SFBT and are available on the LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1716

Skimbo:
QuoteNice one, S-Bahn is always great =)
Thanks for the 500th comment!  &hlp
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kassarc16

Great update, the new NAM served you well. This continues to be a great slice of SoCal.

As for your intersections in 40.5, maybe something like below would suffice?

kbieniu7

Cool! I hope your sims are not too tired due to the roadworks casued by new NAM :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Great job with the new NAM stuff and I look forward to seeing the next updates with it! With regards to kassarc16's reply, you could also do a version of his interchange that kept your slip lane.

And congratulations on joining the Classics!  &apls &apls &apls

io_bg

Congrats on making it to the Classics section! And great last update, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll improve!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Paul 999

Great improvements! I wonder what the next update will have. That the new NAM released is is really nice for you MD.

Skimbo

Quote from: RickD on September 06, 2011, 02:38:55 AM
And the award for the 500th comment goes to ... Skimbo&dance

I just had to write this comment as fast as possible when I saw the 499 at the replies counter xD Congrats for being part of the "classics" section now!

And  nice update again =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here