• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

RickD

Just a quick one for today.

This is the main exit from I-5 to the CBD. Looks kinda quirky, doesn't it?

A SPUI makes so much more sense here. Even though the street connections don't really work out now.

Traffic query reports over 11000 cars using the interchange. I wish the game would show more automata   %wrd (yes, I am using the radical 24 hours plugin).

noahclem, io_bg, Paul 999, Skimbo, bat:
Thank you.  :)

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 19, 2011, 04:44:58 PM
Great update, the new NAM served you well. This continues to be a great slice of SoCal.

As for your intersections in 40.5, maybe something like below would suffice?
Good one! It worked. :)

Quote from: kbieniu7 on September 20, 2011, 04:37:30 AM
Cool! I hope your sims are not too tired due to the roadworks casued by new NAM :P
I hope not. There is so much more to come.  ;)

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Kevin1a

Still looking good!  I like how 41.1 shows the kind of sharp edges freeways and rail lines create for business districts and neighborhoods.  That's why traffic engineers hate to include them in new plans.  This new philosophy of freeway use reminds me of Germany where the Autobahns run between cities rather than through them.  You take a local Autobahn spur out of the city proper and at the edge you can hop on the freeway.  Your image captures the American style perfectly though.

Simcitler

The SPUI looks really good at this point.  :thumbsup:
I also like your update on the SBlink, which shows a nice mixture of rural and urban scenes.
I really like how you plan your road/train network.  &apls

I also saw an interesting building which I'm interested. Any idea where i can get those residential blocks on pic 39.1?

Great work
~ Simcitler

DaveB

Greetings from the Emerald Isle (Ireland)  :)

I have been a lurker on this site for a long time, and it was only yesterday that I thought to read your MD, and I am very impressed! Can you give any tips on how to create such a successful networking system? As whenever I have made one in the past, the rail always gets left out..... *never used trams - yet.....*

I love the way you capture work crews creating the new roads (where do you get those bits of eye candy from??  :P  You have a great eye for detail too, and I have to say I am incredibly jealous hehe, but you have also given me LOTS of inspiration for my region that I have literally just started on - with a view to getting on here in the coming month or so :)

Keep up the hard work my friend, you have a devoted follower here  :thumbsup:

Ps. This is my first post ;)

noahclem

Nice SPUI! From the urban look of that area though, I'd vote for RHW-6C under the SPUI. And now that that street doesn't really connect to anything you should have the extra tile of space you need ;)

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:

nbvc

Nexis4Jersey

Nice upgrading of the Interchange , however the to turn right is too tight for me.   It should have made it wider.

Dantes

Your roads look great.  :) I like the skyline in the second image before the RHW.  :o

TmiguelT

I've been a follower since the first day that you create you MD, you may ask why i never comment any of your updates?... well that's a simple question to answer. Because i have always been amazed with all the new stuff that you are coming up. i was about to give up on my own city/future MD, but your MD as well as so many others made me not to quit on the game and i have to thank the NAM for all his cool new stuff. From now own, I will try to leave at least one little comment in every update. Keep up the awesome job that you are doing  :thumbsup: 

marsh

That Flex spui fits there perfectly. ;D Intruiged at what else you are going to do with the new NAM update. :)

,marsh

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

wallasey

Great work on your interchanges! The highway walls are the best touch!

bat

metasmurf

I just discovered this amazing CJ. Actually, I read through the whole thing, and mind you, that doesn't happen very often.  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Hi Rick,
wonderful updates since my last comment. This new interchange looks cool, i´ve tried it, but for now i´m happy not to need any freeway - it´s not as easy to build as it seems.
Greetz, Carl

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0