• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Traffic Simulator Poll - Please Vote!

Started by z, August 18, 2009, 12:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which traffic simulator are you currently using?

A
B
C
D
E
Z
Other
I don't know
What's a traffic simulator?

tamorr

This all sounds like an interesting idea, and I like that last one you've added to the list. Vehicle polution levels would be a definate interest for me... Among other ones you have listed, especially the bus lane traffic one. I am definately patient enough to wait for this program to be finished, however I do have a qutestion though.
   How would it go about changing values? the program that is. Would it be making new files or overwriting a property or poperties in one?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

z

This would most likely be done by the NAM Tool, which creates new files that take precedence over existing ones.

pierreh

I use Z high since quite a while, on mature as well as developing cities of various sizes, with great satisfaction. If I had more time I would use medium or low settings on smaller cities. Like many others, I value very much all the work that is being put into Simulator Z and I am quite interested in the further developments.

tamorr

Thank you z. Definately will get it when available... So then it will be a plugin to the SC4 NAM Tool? or an update? either way I like the progress you've made... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

z

I'm still discussing this with GoaSkin, but the idea is that it would be an update to the NAM Tool.

tamorr

Alright, I just keep an eye for its' completion then. :)
"Patience is a virtue."

z

Sounds good.

It seems, though, that I have somehow managed to hijack my own thread.  ()what()  So to leave this thread to its original purpose, further discussion of Simulator Z enhancements should go at the end of the Traffic Simulator Z Development thread.  I've just made a new post there that those who have been following the configuration tool discussion here might be interested in.