• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-2 Textures

Started by Nique, January 21, 2009, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Thank you,

I'm Sorry, but i have tot tell you guys i have problems with modify the 'path' for traffic on these transitions. I have no clue where to begin, and, if i can 'overrule' NAM main file (zz_RHW2 rules) to add another tile on both transitions.

Is there someone out there that can help me? I create the textures, but i really need someone to do the path thing, and/or modifying/add new (better) those transitions.

I have no idea about how to 'add' new puzzle pieces. I replaced the existing textures so far, but i heard from Alex that there will be a cosmic mode in the next release. In this case i shouldn't overwrite, but also.. i don't want to wait for the next version (don't know when it comes out).

Can someone help me out here.. what should i do?
Proudly developer of

Nique

Experimenting with 8 tile long double sided on and off ramps.

80 km/h Against 100 km/h provincial road:

Proudly developer of

nerdly_dood

I have a somewhat ... dumb question ... What exactly is the purpose of the green line down the center of the higher-speed highways?

In the United States the closest thing to that is yellow centerlines, and yellow lines on the left on divided highways... No lines are only used at certain speeds - a road with a 25mph (a bit more than 41 km/hr) speed limit would have the same markings as one with a 70mph speed limit (about 112km/hr).
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Nique

Quote from: nerdly_dood on January 26, 2009, 05:25:22 PM
I have a somewhat ... dumb question ... What exactly is the purpose of the green line down the center of the higher-speed highways?

In the United States the closest thing to that is yellow centerlines, and yellow lines on the left on divided highways... No lines are only used at certain speeds - a road with a 25mph (a bit more than 41 km/hr) speed limit would have the same markings as one with a 70mph speed limit (about 112km/hr).

look on top of the image ;).. its also for speed
Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

These textures are looking great...looks like your on a roll!  &apls
Even though SA is reported to be updating the Euro textures , I think these would also be a great alternative!

Jayson

Nique

Yea, i have the spirit right now. Don't know where it comes from but these hours in Photoshop seems to work, i have found a new way (for myself) to design these textures faster.

I'm 100% using the Layer feature in PS so i can switch fast between 'road markings' etc.
Proudly developer of

choco

texture artists are fantastic!!  &apls

great job thus far!

Nique

Let's take a snap from the game   ;)

Sorry for breaking the forum up.. but i wanted to show the whole section.

As you guys can see, these arrows aren't placed yet.

Anyway, besides the textures, i want to

1) replace the crash barrier with this one:

2) adding hectometer poles

3) Adding lightning (depending on wealth level).
== High wealth.. (as rural road is dragable.. this should be posible?!)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Amsterdam_motorway_ring_(A10).jpg

EDIT by Andreas: The last pic is a liiiittle too wide. ;)
Proudly developer of

MandelSoft

Well, lighting like that could be a problem (see below), but I have a pack released on the STEX that gives you the ability to plop them.

FOUR REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T ADD T21'd MEDIAN LIGHTS ON THE RHW-4.

1. The RHW is seperatable. Many people often use this feature. This will completely mess up the look of your highway.

2. The wired dutch lights are not suitable to be slope-conform. If the terrain is a bit hilly, then the lights will look ugly.

3. Wealth differences. This can be a problem if you want uniform lights. If the surrounding area has a slight wealth difference, this will mess up the whole set-up.

4. The curves can be very tricky. Not only the models must be excact, but also the placement of the models. And I didn't even mention the difference between 'hard' and smooth curves.

That's why I think that ploppable lights are a better solution.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nique

Hmm ok..

But that crash barier should work right?
I've created a sonic barrier. (sound wall) but i can't import the sketchup model into the bat Editor.. well, it does import but it looks like a box then...

anyway, i still need to retexture some curves

Are turning lanes on RHW2 possible?
Proudly developer of

Blue Lightning

They are, all you need is a lengthwise override, as described on the wiki here:
"
There is also another type of intersection-based override, known as a Lengthwise Override' (LWO), which is less common, and generally used over short range. It implements an override based on a normally draggable setup. Primary examples of LWO include the Road Turning Lanes (both the current and future versions) and the Avenue Turning Lanes.
"
I personally don't know how, but you could ask one of the NAM Team members.
Source: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Override_Network
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Jonathan

Alex is planning to have Turning Lanes in one the RHW in the nearish future.

So you can make textures but you won't be able to use them for a while.

Jonathan

ehbk2006

Looks great  &apls

Don't forget to add some G3's and G4's on the end of the motorway and maybe occasionally a emergency pole from the ANWB.  ;)
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Nique

Thank you guys,

If Alex plans to have turning lanes in the future on RHW2 it would be great! I saw some textures (i think) with American turning lanes on it, but they aren't used yet.

I also need your help out here to decide,  because I'm in Photoshop for hours, i can't decide what the real (new) asphalt color is anymore  $%Grinno$%. Which one is better?

Proudly developer of

Jonathan

The right one seems a bit more yellower but other than that I don't notice any difference, great work though :thumbsup:

Jonathan

Nique

i think i like the left one more.. ;)

Don't worry guys, after i have released this texture replacement, i will release the PSD file also. Then you only need to change the white lines for the yellow (if you 'd like) which is very very easy because its a loose layer.
Proudly developer of

j-dub

I say go to the left as well.

Nique

Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

&apls I like the left as well. Looking great!

Jayson

Fresh Prince of SC4D

I love the lines but are dutch roads that well mantained? To be honest the asphalt look like was paved yesterday...... like it has'nt been used.  &Thk/( Not entirely a bad thing, though this is some constructive cristism

Other than that this something I going look foward to replacing textures with :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....