• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question to Japaneses Lotters - 日本人創造者への質問

Started by wouanagaine, April 26, 2007, 04:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Hi everyone

In order to make my tools more 'all languages' aware, I'm wondering if when you use the LotEditor or PIM, you are allowed to enter japaneses characters as Lot Name or as Building Examplar Name ?

Take care

やあ、皆

私のツールをより多くの「言語(すべて)」にするために、知っている, 私は驚いています、場合、使用する場合 LotEditor あるいは Plugin Manager, 日本の特徴を入力することを認められます、として ロット名  あるいはビルの模範的な名として?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Glenni

not Japanese, nor got anything to add, but doesn't things like game codings  usually get written with normal letters?( not saying that the Japanese aren't but i dunno what we call our letters...)

wouanagaine

useally, but internal datas from japaneses lots contain japaneses characters, and I'm wondering if they put them with  LE/PIM or Reader ( which looks like more tolerant )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

Quote from: Glenni on April 26, 2007, 06:30:45 AM
( not saying that the Japanese aren't but i dunno what we call our letters...)

The Latin Alphabet.  ;)

there ya go, something new learned today.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

M4346

Quote from: callagrafx on April 26, 2007, 07:37:35 AM
The Latin Alphabet.  ;)

there ya go, something new learned today.

What a poignant observation! :P Sorry, nothing concrete to add here... moving on!  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

snorrelli

Have used the livedoor automated translator on your title and message, Wounagaine. No idea how good the translation is but maybe it will help our Japanese friends understand your question...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions

MAS71

Uuuuum, What a difficult problem it is!! &mmm
It is difficult to translate Japanese. :-[
before, "Japanese langage" in itself is a difficult language about us Japanese too.( :P)
これは難しい問題ですね。
日本語の翻訳は本当に難しいものです。
そもそも、私達日本人にとっても日本語はとても難しいですから :-[

"Japanese language" consists of about 50 HIRAGANA(ひらがな) and  KATAKANA(カタカナ), and KAN-JI(漢字) of about over 2000.
so The automated translator site could not extrapolates the results well. &mmm
Especially, a quite different result comes out in the word and sentences from them.
日本語は、約50の平仮名、カタカナ、そして2000を超える常用漢字でなりたっています。
翻訳サイトでも正確な翻訳結果を出してはくれません。 &mmm
特に単語と文章では、全く異なる結果が出てしまいます。

However, our most familiar hepls are only them by the fact now. $%Grinno$%
しかし、私達が頼れる最も身近なものは、そこしかありませんね。 $%Grinno$%

Off course, I want to help you something a little too about problems you have.  ;)
勿論、私も少しはお手伝いが出来ればとは思います。 ;)

Good luck Wouanagaine san!! :thumbsup:

snorrelli

I was afraid of that...

MAS71, what wounagaine wants to know is does the lot editor or plugin manager let you type in a Japanese lot name or building exemplar name using non-latin script?

For us, the menu icons of Japanese lots show up blank - usually no name or description at all or sometimes they just have the generic "custom lot" description. Are you able to enter Japanese names and descriptions using these common tools and have them appear in your Japanese version of SC4?
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

MAS71

Oh!  It's my misreading. ()sad()
I'm sorry everyone. :(
(We must not put too much confidence with the Sentence that was translated in a translation site after all :P)

Quote from: SnorrelliAre you able to enter Japanese names and descriptions using these common tools and have them appear in your Japanese version of SC4?
Yes!
We(JPN) can see Japanese "name" and "descriptions" correctly in japanese SC4. :)
(Off course, We can enter these to LOTs, too. but, We endeavor that not use Japanese name to "Exempler".)

I think that a cause of this problem is may be for a difference of a system program of SC4.
(A program of all of you cannot support Japanese characters.)

However, I have not known such a fact up to now. :o

wouanagaine

Yes, exactly

Looking at some building examplar by either Somy, Raika or NOB, there are some japanases characters in the examplar Name or Item Name or Item Description
Unfortunalty my tools handle that quite poorly :(
As I know that I can't use accentuated characters like éèà etc.. for examplar name ( it seems to be limited to 7bit ascii ), I was wondering if you were allowed to enter unicode. It seems to be the case, but effectivly our western version of SC4 does not like it very much

Thx for the info MAS71 San

New Horizons Productions

MAS71

@Wouanagaine san.

When I(jpn) make a ".txt" file that use it in SC4's aprications,
we chenged a "text cord" of Japanese from "Shif-JIS" "EUC" "JIS" to "UTF-8".
We have to use other aprication for that.
so We can see strange text like "éèà..." in "Exemplar" after inported it. we too. ;)
(Of course, It would seen correctly "Japanese Lot Name", "Japanese Description" in the game.)

Do you need that aprication?
but I don't know that it able to correspond to excluding Japanese &mmm.
If you try to use it, You can get it HERE

******Edit******
Delete Links.

wouanagaine

hi MAS71 san

What I understand from SC4 datas, is that you can specify every text in the intended langage using LTEXTs.
If you look at some of the official maxis plugins, they have all langage translation texts in LTEXTs, and using SC4 in french, I have the french text displayed in SC4. So I hope you also have the japaneses texts displayed in your SC4 version. However the examplar name is in english.

Speaking of utf8 and LTEXT, I saw some japaneses lot which used utf8 and other use internal memory representation of the unicode. unfortunatly I can't give you the name right now.

for example I don't know if this make sense to you, but this what I finally get using utf8 on the examplar name of SOMY's koudan examplar : 藥ꎛ뷤薮
Is this correct ? Or Does it need more unicode decoding ( ie is it the correct unicode set ) ?

Thx for your time.

New Horizons Productions

MAS71

@wouanagaine san

Quoteexamplar name of SOMY's koudan examplar : 藥ꎛ뷤薮 Is this correct ?
No :P It's not correct japanese name $%Grinno$%

I took some pics a "Japanese name".

It's a pic of opend SOMY's "Koudan01-dummy........SC4Desc" with IliveReader.

off course, It is not correct Japanese.

and
Copy these exempler name(not japanese) and paste to aprication that change a code.
I can see a correct japanese name following pics.

(This is a correct japanese name in the game)

However.
I don't have no idea about problem of decoding anymore. &mmm
I'm not be your good helps. I'm sorry.

wouanagaine

Thx MAS71 San

Now that I have what should display I can search a way to have it display correctly on my tools  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions

cggg

Did you find out how to get it to display properly? I'm way too old to remember what things are without a clue.

cogeo

The preferred method should be have all lot and building names in latin alphabet (7-bit, no accents, ie A..Z, a..z, 0..9, _, blank, and some special characters like $). Names to be displayed to the player should be LTEXTs, including an English version too. RippleJet has exmplained in detail how to do this. I don't know if the Item Name property works for as well. But there are exemples like the above, using not LTEXTs, not even the Item Name property, but instead just relying on the Building name. This is just poor modding; indeed, the name displayed is often blank.

The problem with tool probably arises from conversions between unicode and single-byte character sets, using the "default" codepage. An application capable of handling such names should be all-unicode.

EDIT:

@wouanagaine: There are some examples of Japanese titles (in LTEXTs) used in the RTMTV3 pack. The translation was made by ebina using the reader. Strangely enough, they are not displayed correctly in DatGen (to me the preferrable tool for translations) but they do look OK in the reader and ingame. On the other hand, Maxis-made landmarks have Japanese LTEXTs that are displayed correctly in DatGen. I think it's clear that there are different formats. Maybe try reading these names correctly, for both cases.