• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japanese Residential Lots (日本の住宅のロット)

Started by davsot, September 30, 2007, 09:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarjm

This R$3 replacement house set by Kei was released a few months ago
but I couldn't find any mention of it here.

2 off 1x1
5 off 1x2
4 off 1x3
2 off 2x1
Details of what lots are replaced are shown here.
Can be downloaded from this page.
The links on the page are all required (Please note that the 2 prop packs and the texture pack,
in pink centre panel  have been updated 28 September 2008). Lot file link is at bottom left (380KB).
The model files are now available as an individual R$3 pack, link at right (780KB)
or in a Mega pack which also includes the R$1 and R$2 files, link at bottom right.

Ryusuke516

For the R$ houses, which folder would i put them and the dependencies?

I put them into the plugins folder, yet the original buildings are still appearing and none of the replacement houses are appearing.

MAS71

@Sarjm san
Thanks for post and these links, but I already reported them on page 1. $%Grinno$%

@Ryusuke516 san
Please read my post on page 1 again.
Quoteand It need four kind of dependencies for use them.
Dependencies Download page is HERE.

and with Legat san.(I'm sorry to much too late reply, I don't noticed your question longitme... ()sad())
Do you using a mod the CAM with KEI san's Lots ??
They never apperar if you so ! &mmm
I don't yet examination a cause of this problem, I already had a this repot from some japanese users.

hope this helps. ;)
Thank you.

Ryusuke516

I already had everything downloaded, that post tells me nothing. Everything was in the plugins folder. It seems like Legat has the same problem as me.

MAS71

@Ryusuke516 san
Ok, ;)
please tell me once again that do you using the CAM(Colossus Addon Mod) with KEI's LOTs ?

I don't have any idea if you do not using this CAM with his LOTs now..... &mmm

Ryusuke516

Well, a long time ago, i installed the CAM. But i am not so sure if the CAM files got transferred when i transferred the files from one computer to the other (Kei san's files was lost, for example, so i had to re-download them).

I did not find any CAM files, but I will check again.

Sorry for any confusion.

龍之介 Ryunosuke

EDIT: I found and removed the CAM, and everything is working. (with a crashed economy  &mmm)

RippleJet

I suspect the reason they are not growing with CAM is the fact the the property LotConfigPropertyFamily has been left in the lotconfig exemplars.
We've known for a long time that this property should be removed from custom lots (especially residential ones), as they might not grow at all otherwise.

While beta-testing CAM in early 2007 I also modified certain ingame Maxis lots (changing the growth stage of them).
If I didn't remove the LotConfigPropertyFamily, such residential lots wouldn't grow at all in CAM.

Back then I thought that would have been the case regardless of CAM or not...
Now, it's interesting to hear that they would grow in RH, but not in CAM...  ???

Regardless, whenever making lots, whether they are replacements for the ingame ones or not,
the recommendation is always to remove LotConfigPropertyFamily.

The purpose of that property is still quite a mystery.
However, if it's omitted, the lots would still be functioning, even as replacements for the ingame lots.

MAS71

@RippleJet san
Thank you always for polite and precise answer to problem RippleJet san. :)
and I'd sent PM for you on BSC-Priva-Board about a place of CAM-files, check it later please. ;)

@龍之介さん(Ryusuke516)
Yeh, You go it !! ;)
howevee, I found a thing now about CAM and KEI san's LOTs. "$Deal"$
I guess that a lot of player putting a files of CAM on 'My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins/a_cam...' now,
(KEI san's Lots and other BAT and MOD in Plugins that same CAM files.)
I'd try to move a folder "a_cam" to MAXIS root directry '/Program Files/MAXIS/SimCity 4/Plugins/a_cam...'
Then KEI san's LOTs could appear correctry in a game without any remaking of LOTs !!  :o

We know well that CAM files necessary to be readed and has priority over other files.
and a Plugins in a MAXIS Progams is most priority be readed other than Plugins in 'My Documents'.
Maybe, I had misunderstanding of an Order of reading files on Windows:-[

Shall you try to this way "Move CAM-files(a_cam) to Plugins in SC4 program folder" and play a game with KEI san's LOTs !? :D

Thank you.

Ryusuke516

I have once a few months ago put Kei san's lots in the  program file(x86)/maxis/simcity4/plugins folder , but nothing ever showed up... (i'm using windows vista)
So I can try the CAM in the  program files(x86)/maxis/simcity4/plugins folder and try that out and say what happen later.

-off topic-
(by the way, my real name is Ryunosuke (龍之介), but all my friends just call me Ryusuke)
(don't ask for my last name because i never give it out unless required on the internet)

(sorry if i was a bit snappy and/ or rude, the air conditioner broke and it was very hot in my room)

EDIT
Yes everything works with the CAM being in the other plugins folder.  ;D