• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

MAS san, WOW!!!!!!!!!!

(I am saying that a lot, but I mean it every time)

your works are just getting better and better

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Filasimo

you never cease to amaze me mas-san dont forget to add waterfalls too in the next pack, not alot of sets have waterfalls for them  ()sad() anyways great job so far!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

MAS71

I'm sorry too late reply for friends.... :-[

@Unassigned
Please enjoy my river without your any hesitation or any worry !!  ;)
Quote from: UnassignedWill you be making water locks for ships, too?
Yes, I want it !! I do not able to promise that now yet, I'll try to make it some time.  :)
Thank you Unassigned san.

@Jeronij
I'm horned to get your gladest words for me so much !! :'(
I always have some big an aim called Jeronij.  ;)
and as a lot of BATer(MODer) geve me many good teaching for me always as well.  :)

By the way,,,
About "Noise" for vertex in MAX.
Yes, I gave a "Noise with fractal" to each vertex. ;)
but It was not make best result that I hope really, :P so I had to move them manually to seem to more real at last. ;)
Thank you very much always for your adivice and teaching. They halp me always thank to you my Master!!

@Jacqulina
Hi dear my friends Jacky san. :)
A existence of you is makes me happy always !! :D and you voice makes me fine too !!
I thinking always that want to make a LOT "waterfall" too will loved by you.
Please wait a day will come.  ;)
Thank you.

@Filasimo and Toxicpiano
I'm sorry again that I could not include LOTs which have good idea and opinions you gave me this time.... &mmm
and about "Waterfalls", It's really hard to make for me. :-[
Of cause, I had try to make them but they had some problem with a point of connect to basic LOTs. :(
I'll make them for next addon pack with my best !!
Please give me again your good opinions.
Thank you again friends. ;)

@Alfred.Jones
Yeh !! I'll waiting for your images with my works !! I'm looking forward to see that so much !! :D
Thank you.

@Sithlrd98
Quote from: sithled98It is too bad that the game can't display these works as you have rendered.
Hahahaha,,, :D Yes, that's right!! I'm think so always. ;D
however, It will not work normaly with my powerless PC. $%Grinno$% (lol)
Thank you always for your warm comments.

@JoeST
Thank you so much for your voice to each updating every times. ;)
A responses(reactions) gave me a power to making works always like a yours. :)
Please enjoy my river long time I hope.
Thank you !!

Filasimo

ah well good luck mas-san in getting it to work properly i hope youre able to find a way  :thumbsup: what other components are you thinking for the next pack?
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

sithlrd98

You make it look easy to create such beauty! When do you sleep? As usual , I am in awe of your creativity Mas san! Thank you for your hard work!

MAS71

JRP-PROP Pack Vol03 was updated today. (02,July,2008)

Download on HERE
Sorry to use your times. Please download again latest one and remove old version. ;)

Today, I got some report about my JRP from japanese user. This problem was fined this time.

LOTs of "Diagonal Concrete Walls - Bottom" is not display nomaly at ZOOM 1 and 2.

I used LODs for them same other LOD(worked correctry), but they had that strange problem... &mmm
I don't know yet a cause of that, and as I tried to export(render) again as well , but it was not solved that....

Sorry friends who alredy got it for use your times.
Please re-downlod it and remove olo one in your plugins.

### Thanks Fore san for your report about my JRP.  :)
### Foreさん...お知らせ下さいまして、ありがとうございました!  :)

Thank you.
-Mas'71

@Filasimo
Quote from: filasimo sanwhat other components are you thinking for the next pack?
Yes, a little. :-[
Of cause, I will inculde "Variable width version of the Water-Gate".  ;)
I don't have yet other many idea concretely :-[

@Sithlrd98
I don't have times for sleep rececntry. $%Grinno$% (lol)
I had a lot of free times about this 2 weeks. ;) however it's alredy end now. /wrrd%&
so I don't know well that a next lot pack will complete. :-[

Everyone, Please give me again sometime your idea or request for next additional LOT pack. "$Deal"$
Thank you.

### Edited ####
Thank you Filasimo san. ;) I corrected to a LINK to a zip. I'm sorry mistake again. :-[

Filasimo

mas-san,
the link ya posted doesnt work just so ya know  :thumbsup:

Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jacqulina

hiya my friend thankyou,im sure you will do waterfalls when you are ready,excellent work you have done  &apls &apls

take care

mightygoose

i like the idea of full concrete walls for industrial areas...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MAS71

@Mightygoose
Yes, I don't forget about "Walls for industrial areas" too. ;)
I think that they need to re-modeling for clear differentiation with basicaly slopes, and a lot of users will be have a demand some Curve(corner) LOTs have those design too. :-[
so I'll have to make them, (same numbers of all of existing LOTs.... $%Grinno$%)
I'll need times to think again that they should include into existing JRP series.... :-[
I don't have yet good idea for them now....

by the way
I want to add some LOT that conected to real waters without unnaturally(sea).
I'll test(make some samples) while for then. I hope to that it will practical use the technic of "Jeronij's Transparent Ploppable Waters" in that LOT.  ;) I don't know that will be a good method for then. $%Grinno$%
and
I want to make as an acute angle corner LOT for confluence point of rivers as well.

however, I could not yet start make them now, nothing yet.... :P
Please wait a report again frineds. ;)

Thank you.
-Mas'71

MAS71

I'm trying to make some LOT for connect to the sea(real water) with transparent from last night.
(It's larned from Jeronij's TransparentPloppbaleWater. ;))
I don't remember how many times repeat an adjusted to model's color, export, plop-test in a game. /wrrd%&
but I can't yet get good result with my water models well.... &mmm
(a point of joint with basic water LOT, and gradataions to real water...and more)

If you are intrested in this LOT, Please use it in a game and would you tell me how to see in your PC-moniter ??

Transparent Water Test Lot --->> http://momojiridog.fine.to/cgi_bin/masuploader/src/up0033.zip.html
### It was end to open to public ###
(click "up0033.zip" to start download a zip. 488KB)

Plop it at shoreline(End of the Land) and cover a texture of LOT (grass texture) by basic water LOT(2x2).

I think that it strongly influences the color of the Sea.

huuummmm..... This trying a so difficult I think...... :-[

JoeST

MAS, that looks amazing, if far from perfect, your ideas are fantastic :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

Mas san,

i think if you make the gradient semicircular you would get a better effect,i believe its the sharp edges of the piece that makes it look blatent...

if you had a round fan like piece that curved from shore to shore either side i think it would look much better, anyway thats what i would try....

fantastic effort none the less

MG
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jeronij

The idea is excellent MAS san  :thumbsup:

My suggestion would be, besides MG's one ;) , that you make the end of the model irregular as well, not sure how to do this in GMAX, but this would give the water a more "natural(* as natural as SC4 water can be  ::) )" transition to the seabed... I am not totally sure about this, but who knows ;D ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Ennedi

Hello MAS san!

Finally I had some time to test your new excellent JRP lots. Here are first results:

1. Test water to use at the riverside (as transition to ingame water). This is really a revolutionary idea and I like it very much!  &apls
From the technical point of view it is absolutely perfect. there are no visible edges, graphic glitches or other imperfections.

The only thing which could be improved (in my opinion) are colors.
Basically the lot is blue, but we can see greenish stripes parallel to the seaside. Looking at it we can say that version 2 is better than 1 (more smooth transition), however version 1 has some advantages too (better surface, it depends on viewing direction too).

Here we have version 1 at the left, version 2 at the right.

The same water from different directions:

As you see, I plopped some "ground" water too from the canal set (I used 2x2 pieces). You can see the difference betwee canal pieces and these greenish stripes on transition water. Maybe it can be modified?

2. Your canal water is blue, so I suppose we will need to make some new water mods to make them more consistent with your lots  :D. It will be definitely worthy, it opens new possibilities. The water mod you can see on my pictures is PEG's Brigantine and it works quite good here.

3. How to make an end? This is really important.
Both Mightygoose's and Jeronij's suggestions are interesting, maybe Mightygoose's idea would be less complicated to perform.

I have an additional idea  ;D: You can try to make an end piece with smooth transitions to ingame water in two directions: perpendicular to the seaside (as it is on your test lots) and parallel to the seaside. Or you could make an outer corner lot?
We should also remember that the end problem is not limited to the water side. This test water is only a transition and we have also some water on the land side (at least two tiles wide). It would be bad if our river would change it's width after the end of your waterfront.

Please think about it. In the meantime I will make some experiments with ploppable stuff (flora, rocks) and sea/river bottom terraforming to see what can be done without lot modifications.

4. The transition water has very nice feature: it looks identical at various shore heights (between 0 and 10 m).
Water at the bottom is placed on the shore 6,5 m high. Water at the top (two versions) is placed 4 m lower.

5. I played with your canal lots too. Everything is OK. Seams between lots - both orthogonal and diagonal - are almost invisible. The shore looks excellent, especially with flora and stone props here and there  &apls

I had a little problem with placing an inner corner for NAM wide curve, but I found how it should be placed. It needs a short stretch of diagonal wall (2 tiles long). The bulldozing tool on the picture below is placed on the lot.

For normal inner corner we don't need to make any special terraforming.

You will need to explain lots placement in the readme.

6. I have a little problem with plopping: After clicking an icon in the menu, I can plop the test transition water as much times as I want (as every normal lot). But I can plop canal lots only once (or twice), the menu closes, I must open it again and click an icon. It is uncomfortable, maybe it can be improved?
I have the same problem with some of your newest walls (the straight 1x1 piece from the Walls V2 Addon, I don't remember other pieces).

Congratulations MAS san, your new walls are fantastic! I will wait for next lots  :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit: Now I have read your last post more carefully. I don't see any problem with the river mouth as you showed on your pictures  :) It looks OK, we simply should use an apropriate water mod. Riversides showed by you can be arranged by flora and rocks very easily. You can only try to do something with these greenish parts  :)
I said about more difficult case, if we have a river or seaside and we use your waterfront on a part of it.

And I forgot about my little experiment - it is only an idea, but maybe somebody will make use of it?  ;)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

MAS71

Thank you for your test , opinions and suggestions friends !!  ;)

Ok, I want to do some talking about Transparent Water Lot tonight....
well, I don't understand whether I should begin to talk about anything..... :-[

<Shapes of the Transparent Water PROPs > (I'm calling' it TWP in this post.)
I had an idea that Mightygoose san and Jeronij san gave me suggestions at first of making it.
Of cause thing, I can't judge that how width river each users making. so I'd not able decide a width of LOT.
so I did try to make it with irregular shape such as the Ameba. (like a jeronij's latest ploppable waters)
However, It must having a gradation to the surface of the Sea.
and so When plural TWP overlapping, problem occurs for the gradation in TWP.

and I don't have some graphic tool(image tool) which make images have a gradation to spread through the various courses.
so I made this test-version's TWP for very simply.

< Color of TWP > (My one of big mistake in JRP.)
Thank you for use your times for test and polite large reports for JRP Ennedi san. Thank you so much !! :)
Yes, A color of TWP is a problem I had most.... &mmm

I had big mistake with a Water Color of JRP's Lots at first. It's a most big my mistakes thing.  /wrrd%&
I gave a complicated texture setting to basically Water-Model on a MAX this time.

Value of Reflect. I knew that it give a big bad influence to making a WTP later. :(
PROPs was be BLACK(no transparent) when give a transparency-setting to SC4Models with this value by Ilive-reder.
(Left side one in this pic)

However, I must not remove this value in water-model because a big error of the color occurs with basically Water-LOT.
so I had to create this TWP newly by manually this time.
but It's very difficult to make it witout a little of different of the Color. &mmm

and about a color "Greenish Stripes".
It was the unexpected problem that this produced by the process that made TWP again. &mmm
I gave them textures are following images... 

You are able to understand that they are not have a lot of green color. ;)
and see again a pic of "BLACK PROP". That's PROP given TWP have same texture setting with basically water.
We can't controll their color for PROPs after give a transparency-setting.
Of cause, I had test it while repeating the adjustment of the colors. (about 20 or 25 times maybe)
This is PROPs got the best result from at this stage. ;D

I think that a color of basically water is too dark. It might a cause of this problem.... /wrrd%&
or My not enough knowledges how to use MAX and Ilive-Reader.

Before I started make them, I think that It's a good idea !!  me too. ;)
however, It was not easy to do it. :P

I'll not include them into a next Addon-Pack may be. :-[
It is not a decision matter if some good method would find.  ;)

and some answer for some report Ennedi san wrote.

3. End piece with smooth transitions to ingame water in two directions
Yes, It's really nice idea, Thank you for your additional good one. :)
I already have some little idea about them but they are not yet concrete in my mind now. ;D
Please tell me again your good opinions and suggestions.

5. Note how to plop 90deg inner corner LOTs.
I'll add it and update again with correct README files later. ;)

6. Problem of plopping.
Huummm... &mmm I have no idea for it.....
Is there a MMLing-LOT in your Plugins folder now ?
Please remove a following dat-files right now and play the game again.
"zz_Mas71_JRP-MML_080630.dat"
"zz_Mas71_JRP-MML_080623.dat"

Thank you for reading friends. ;)
Do you understand my English ???  I worry it a most. :-[
-Mas'71

Shadow Assassin

That looks great, Mas san.

You might need to try to make the gradient more gradual in the alpha editing... but I'm not sure if the FSH alphas can only handle a limited amount of colours...

Maybe you can keep the edges where the pieces join straight and the ends are made irregular? It might need two additional pieces - two edge pieces with irregular edges on the left and right sides?

I'm keeping an eye on this - you've got some beautiful stuff happening. I'll definitely use it, that's for sure!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MAS71

@Shadow Assassin
Thank you for your warm cheering and ideas !!  :)

QuoteYou might need to try to make the gradient more gradual in the alpha editing...
I don't know how to controll them by Ilive Reader and I don't have ever seen some discussions or reports about it. :-[
and
QuoteIt might need two additional pieces - two edge pieces with irregular edges on the left and right sides?
Yes, Of course, you are right. ;)
however, I worry to as that amounted too large icon in a menu as well a little. $%Grinno$%
I'm keenly realize the difficulty of making of PROPs having gradation with alpha channel. :-[

and so,at next, I changed the directionality of the idea. &idea

I had try to make a "Water-Mod" had same color of JRP's water.
It's a result of that........

hahahaha..haha...ha....... :D huuu............. /wrrd%&
It was a very shallow idea. $%Grinno$% They were never cleared.
This TAG don't be over as far as the water(sea and PROPs) color is TRUE BLACK !!  :P

ok,
I'll repeat a make them and test more little.
Thank you again Shadow Assassin and all for your voices every times. :)

By the way,
I finished making a V-Curve Lot.(acute angle outer corner)

The good report of tonight is only this. :-[

Thank you.

- Off Topics -
I fighting with a limit of my PC many times recently. ;D

and Enemy is not only one, the "Export Error =6" ,  Problem of converting to FSH fiels and 3DS of zoom 1 and 2. They are really powerful enemies for me.(lol) ;D

Ennedi

MAS san,

Many people would be happy if they would achieve this "only" good result as you showed today :D
The V-curve lot looks excellent!

As for transition pieces for ingame water - even your first test lots are a big step ahead, they will be useful even if you will not achieve anything more! :thumbsup:

ADam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Shark7

Mas-san,

I've not been around lately, and when I come back I find that you have been quite busy making yet another beautiful set of lots for us.  I will give these a try as soon as I can, however life is busy at the moment.