• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxim1110

The water looks very good, althought it doesn't work for me. Everytime I use water in a map I get an instant crash to desktop, and yes, I have only installed 1 in my plugins folder. What may be the cause of this?

MAS71

@Maxim1110 san
Hello and thanks for your comment. ;)

Do you talking about my Water Mod don't you?
I don't understand your files in Plugins of course, You may have an other cause in your plugins I think so.
My Water Mod(files) they are not possibles that it become the cause of C.D$%Grinno$%

by the way,,,
Please download zip again and try to use them without other files.(be only my mod in Plugins)
and confirm that my mod is a cause of C.D surely and let me know which file do you using that time. ;)

Thank you.

sithlrd98

Hello good friend Mas,
I just thought I would drop a pic by of a very rough draft of the Sakura mod , with your lamppost! I still can not get it to light up  :(

I'm thinking that I may need to move the props (of course no one like trees growing into a building) and may actually use the smaller trees as I did not realize just how full these are. I'm also still not sure if I will use the fallen leaves or not.

What do you think?

Oh and yes that is a sidewalk texture Rural  Road "T" intersection...didn't want a stop light!

I also finally got around to removing the grass on the Ave intersection for use with your mod....

Before

After

I did not realize how many textures were needed for that intersection!

Jayson

MAS71

@Jayson(Sithlrd98) san
:o Wow!! Is this really very rough draft one!?
These are seems to already completed and so good !!  &apls  &apls

Quotethe Sakura mod , with your lamppost! I still can not get it to light up
Oh no....I don't know why it could not light up.....I don't have used any special technique for LightPole(Lamp Post).... &mmm
Ok, I'll try again Export them with more simple LODs. and Not-HD version too.(SD version)
I'll send PM again later, Please test them when you have your times. ;)

About Size of Sakura and petals,
Yes, sure. I think my Sakura(Small Sakura) is too large a little, me too. :P
and Petals which I made, It's slightly special shape.
I think that this petals may not deserve to there in this case. ;)

QuoteI also finally got around to removing the grass on the Ave intersection for use with your mod....
Yeh!! That's so good your remaked them as well !! ;)
Thank you for your nice MODing Jayson san!!

By the way.....
I was(belived) think that you trying to make "NAM's WideRaiusRoadCurve and FRP" with my Sakura.  ;D

Thank you again and talk again later Jayson san. :)

sithlrd98

Quote from: MAS71 on June 20, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
@Jayson(Sithlrd98) san
:o Wow!! Is this really very rough draft one!?
These are seems to already completed and so good !!  &apls  &apls

I'm still trying to get the proper placement and , since I'm only used to doing the curves, this is a learning experience!

By the way.....
I was(belived) think that you trying to make "NAM's WideRaiusRoadCurve and FRP" with my Sakura.  ;D

I am...I just want to get the hard part (for me anyway) done first.

Oh no....I don't know why it could not light up.....I don't have used any special technique for LightPole(Lamp Post).... &mmm
Ok, I'll try again Export them with more simple LODs. and Not-HD version too.(SD version)
I'll send PM again later, Please test them when you have your times. ;)

I'm not sure the reason either...as I stated before , all of the lampposts light up on the test lot you included , yet I can not seem to get them lit on the roads ()what()

Thank you , Mas san , for your wonderful works...I  am  only tweaking them a little! :)

Jayson

inspecter

Very Nice looking textures my friend. I hope to see more.

Leodido

Very good work you've done. Simply amazing :)

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

peter007

just_a_guy

Very good work here, Mas-さん. I especially like the river set you made. It's simply great.

I have a question for Jayson (sithlrd98): Would the sakura trees be in your mod be seasonal just like the original lots? And I really like the lamp posts, but if your goal is to simulate a japanese style street sidewalk, wouldn't it be more common to have these lamps:

I've seen these in most places where street lamps stand alone. Otherwise they're mounted on power poles.

Anyway, great work, I hope to see more from you!

さようなら、マスさん。
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

sithlrd98

Yes, the Sakura are still seasonal , but as far as the lamps , those were also done by Mas san (just not released yet). At this point , because of the way the game handles "night"rendered models with regards to T-21 modding , I have to find some light cone models or have some made. I agree that is a very nice lamppost , but since I'm not a BATter, someone else would have to make them (hint,hint Mas my friend  ;D )

Because I am working on another project , the Sakura mod is on hold , but its not dead! I really like the models and think that they would look good on the roads in Japanese themed cities!

Jayson

MandelSoft

Quote from: sithlrd98 on July 11, 2009, 04:30:36 PM
... I have to find some light cone models or have some made. I agree that is a very nice lamppost ...

Cogeo made some good lightcone models in his Street Light Colour Pack V2. I use them in my LRM mod.

Be sure to add his pack as a dependency. At first I didn't, but after a while, Cogeo complained about the fact that I was using his lightcones in my mod without permission. But everything is solved now.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Leodido

hello,

first, I love your work Mas it is really good, great job  :thumbsup:

I have a question tho, I'm trying to modify one of your wall for my MD, I'm trying to remove the barrier from the underbridge lot but I can't do it, the LE won't let me save.
Any chance you could help me please?

Leo.

MAS71

@Leodido
Hello and thanks for your kind words Leo san. :)

Quote from: Leodido sanI'm trying to remove the barrier from the underbridge lot but I can't do it, the LE won't let me save.
I confirmed that with my WallsPack2 now, and it could save(save as) normaly.
Sorry, I have no idea why you could not save LOTs which you remaked.... &mmm

Did you see some error-messages when you save that on LE ??
and
If you remaked and "Save(as "Save AS" well)" Lots, these files in "My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins".
But original files still staying in a "01_Mas71-Walls2_Essentials.dat".
so rename new Lots for readed later than this Essentials.dat.

Just to make sure, I attached a zip in this post(Underbridge-Lots which removed the Barrier) "$Deal"$
Please use them freely if you want. ;)

Thank you. :)
-Mas'71

Leodido

Ah thanks a lot Mas :)

It is odd because when I open one of your lot in the LE, the "save as" option is greyed out and I can't click it, I could click save and it made a new file but it did not show in the game. Well anyway do not need it anymore ;)

:thumbsup:

Craigsters

Hi Mas71

The Japanese  river project  [hope I got the name right] of yours is awesome, is there a full picture tutorial on how to terraform for it and plop it?

I went back in this thread and copied all pictures you posted to do with the project!..

thx    :thumbsup: Craig

MAS71

@Craigsters
Hello gain Craig  :) and thanks for good words to my Japan(ese) River Projeckt Lots as well. ;)
Quote from: Craigstersis there a full picture tutorial on how to terraform for it and plop it?
Full Pics !? No...I don't have made it. $%Grinno$%
However, Do you have my READMEs of them(included in each Lots-Packs).
and little of notes were wrote in THIS POST too. ;)

If you have any concrete question for plop them, Please let me know what problem do you have on here. ;)

Thank you  :)
-Mas'71

Craigsters

@MAS71

I found your readme in the LEX_Downloads and followed it,  I use the setsealevel 0 cheat they'll, I find it easier, and  then after getting the embankment the way it's supposed to be, I then save my game and exit and start plopping your work!..

See the two in game pictures to let me know if the wall angle/slope is right!..

Gaston

QuoteI use the setsealevel 0 cheat they'll, I find it easier, and  then after getting the embankment the way it's supposed to be,

I can't say I am familiar with that cheat.    Can you explain it?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

JoeST

it sets the sealevel to the value provided, (using extra-cheats.dll) where 255 is the default level.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Craigsters

Quote from: JoeST on August 16, 2009, 08:57:54 AM
it sets the sealevel to the value provided, (using extra-cheats.dll) where 255 is the default level.

I have the extra-cheats.dll cheat and I've yet to find it in the pull down menu, found  the rest of the cheats in the pull down menu they'll!..

All's I do is set the setsealevel  0 and then do all the  necessary tarraforming  and then save and exit and re-enter and the water goes to the proper level on it's own!..