• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japanese BAT Gallery II (日本のBATギャラリー)

Started by snorrelli, February 29, 2008, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snorrelli

Whoa! Eddiem!  :o

When I first started playing SC4 you were the keeper of the Japanese BAT Gallery at ST! Welcome back to the community after a long absence!  :thumbsup:
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

toxicpiano

Those houses by Kei, does anyone know what tileset they are in?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

snorrelli

Quote from: toxicpiano on June 22, 2008, 05:06:21 AM
Those houses by Kei, does anyone know what tileset they are in?

I seem to remember it's New York, but I'm not sure and can't find any info on Kei's site to confirm...

EDIT: the lots that are replaced may be seen on this page.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

eddiem

Quote from: snorrelli on June 22, 2008, 03:25:09 AM
Whoa! Eddiem!  :o

When I first started playing SC4 you were the keeper of the Japanese BAT Gallery at ST! Welcome back to the community after a long absence!  :thumbsup:
Hello again, Busy elsewhere for a while. Glad to see that Japan is still popukar. :D

Odainsaker

Naval fans rejoice, for we have a new battleship to defend our harbors and intimidate enemy Sims:

His Imperial Japanese Majesty's Ship Nagato

Launched in 1919 and later heavily modified, this old grand-dame battleship was Admiral Yamamoto's flagship at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, and it was from Nagato that the infamous coded message "Climb Mount Niitaka" was sent to their oncoming carrier strike force Kido Butai, informing Admiral Nagumo that there was now no turning back and the strike should proceed.  A looming mock-up of this flagship figures prominently in the Japanese scenes of the classic movie "Tora! Tora! Tora!"  The ship spent much of the opening of the war serving as an armored floating office building until the command headquarters was finally moved to shore, and Nagato would see action alongside the newer floating monster and succeeding flagship Yamato.  A formation of Nagato, Yamato, Fuso, and Yamashiro, with all their towering "pagoda" superstructures, made for a truly impressive array.  Nagato was the only Japanese battleship to survive the war, and its impressive towering hulk would still make for great imagery as the centerpiece of the target flotilla used in the Bikini Atoll atomic tests of Operation Crossroads.  While Yamato had the lofty "last stand of the Imperial Navy" suicide run off Okinawa, it was Nagato that really went out with the bigger bang!

Yes, this is my favorite historic battleship.  This awesome BAT is by sdkfz251, with the ship apparently in its 1944 configuration, and the ZIP download can be easily found at SimCity Force.

Long Live the Dai Nippon Teikoku Kaigun!
Banzai!  Banzai!  Banzai!

Glenni

MAS71

Geothermal Power Plant by E-N san
You can get it form his site SC4 BAT for BriPizza

Plop Size : 4 x 4
Monthly Cost : $650
Power : 16,000MW/m

Nice work E-N san !  &apls  &apls

t.n.

Odainsaker

Cool...I had always wondered what the orange cylindrical building in Osaka was actually called, and had helplessly resorted to the name Osaka Dai-Ichi Hotel, which is really just one of the major occupants.  Thanks to the BAT by artist "Kurokumo," I can now properly call it the Osaka Maru Biru, which the all-knowing and all-seeing Google tells us poetically translates as "Osaka Round Building."  Doh! :P

As an aside, I'm not sure of a better or proper place for this, but after tediously and fruitlessly searching products freely available from USGS and GSI, here is a Japanese fansite with BMP DEMs of 44 major Japanese regions fitted for standard use in SimCity.  Region Images for SimCity 4 by Geikyu Group.  Hover your mouse over the download links to identify what city it refers to from the download address.  The scales may be off, but at least I now have a rough DEM with a useable slice of the mountains around Kyoto and Nara for me to adjust to my liking and into which I can drop all these BATs.  However, if anyone knows a good place for original released data and can directly point there, feel free to share!

Zaphod

Is this the famous building that IRL has the freeway off-ramp going through it?

War Kittens !?

eddiem

Quote from: Odainsaker on July 03, 2008, 04:34:39 PM

As an aside, I'm not sure of a better or proper place for this, but after tediously and fruitlessly searching products freely available from USGS and GSI, here is a Japanese fansite with BMP DEMs of 44 major Japanese regions fitted for standard use in SimCity.  Region Images for SimCity 4 by Geikyu Group.  Hover your mouse over the download links to identify what city it refers to from the download address.  The scales may be off, but at least I now have a rough DEM with a useable slice of the mountains around Kyoto and Nara for me to adjust to my liking and into which I can drop all these BATs.  However, if anyone knows a good place for original released data and can directly point there, feel free to share!

Here are some links with the (Google) translated names to save you trying to read the status bar.
EN:Geikyu Group
FR:Geikyu Group
DE:Geikyu Group
PL:Geikyu Group

~mike~

wow some cool stuff here..I like the ski building..

MAS71

It's just the Rush Hour of new BATs in Japan now. ;D

from SimForce - Edit BBS
- by 狐狸 (Kitsune-Tanuki)

Click a name to download.
鉄筋小学校 (Elementary School-1)
小さな鉄筋小学校 (Small Elementary School)
墓地 (Graveyard)
駐在所 (Kouban. Police Kiosk)
稲荷神社 (Inari Shrine)

from SimCity 4 B.A.T for Bri Pizza by E-N
- 戦列艦 Ship of the Line
Download HERE

from Degital Earth by 突撃隊長 (Totsugeki-Taichou)
- 携帯基地局 (The base station of the mobile telephone)
Download is HERE

from 逗子二階 (Tushi-Nikai) by 糺 (Tadasu)
- 国立国会図書館関西館 (Kansai-main-building ofNational Diet Library)
Download HERE

- 熊谷呉朊店 (Kumagaya Kimono shop)
Download HERE

from Mountain by K5
- 道路セットV2 (Road-sign, Roadtop-sign)
Download Page is HERE
(copy and paste to your browser this URL : http://kyo5884.zouri.jp/kk_RoadSetv2.zip and jump manualy)

Une_ame

The ship is  :o. Amazing that no one think about something like this earlier!! The same without the sails would be perfect ::)!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

kimcar

Quote from: Une_ame on July 21, 2008, 08:00:29 AM
The ship is  :o. Amazing that no one think about something like this earlier!! The same without the sails would be perfect ::)!!

It have one already in the pack ;)

MAS71

Once more  ;)
A new great BATer was born again in Japan !!

from SimForce-Edit BBS by Mozukuss
- Sunshine 60 (Existing building in Ikebukuro - TOKYO.)
Download HERE

<Details>
Ploppable Cs$$$ (Landmark)
Size : 4 x 3
Job : Cs$$$ x 6,612
B-Cost : $17,500

Is this really your first work? Unbelievable !! :o
Excelent work Mozukuss san !!  &apls  &apls

zakuten

Well, lemme have a crack at my Japanese...
見事ですね、MASさん! けど、僕だけには、一つの問題があるの。その高速道路サイン・セットはアクセスできられません。 リンクがわかれたかもしれませんね。

ENG:  Very nice, Mas-san! However, there's one problem at least for me. The signs set doesn't seem to be accessible, possibly from the link being broken.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

MAS71

@Zakuten
Thanks for report with very good Japanese about my miss likns.
We can not seems to be get a zip directry from other site.
I corrected a links to download page in a post. Please check then again.  ;)
Thank you again Zakuten san. :)

MAS71

The Old Japanese Building part 2 by Kei san.
All of LOTs is overwrite to MAXIS-Original-LOTs.

日本住宅セット2 (農村編) - Japanese R$-No2 (old agricultural) by Kei - Tokyo Urban Lab -
Download Page is HERE.  (Lot 420KB)

Only Growable R$ stage-2 1x1, 1x2 and 1x3. (not included ploppalbe lots)

This pack included that...
5 kind of R$2 1x1 LOTs.
3 kind of R$2 1x2 LOTs.
3 kind of R$2 1x3 LOTs.
(All of LOTs will overwite to MAXIS original LOTs.)

<Dependencies>
You need to get four kind of dependencies pack.

Please note: Two of the dependency packs have been udated.
Kei-Jpn-Prop-BasicSet-01 (updated 27,July '08) 
Kei-Jpn-Prop-BuildingProp-R-MegaPack-01 (updated 28,July '08)
Please check again THIS POST and get latest packs. ;)

Great works Kei san !!  &apls

for T.N