• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ebina's creations - support thread

Started by ebina, October 01, 2008, 07:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebina

Uploaded the STR version of the One Way Railroad Crossings Sidewalk Mod.

This is RC version, includes a full readme along with mod files. I'll upload this to the STEX when the STR is uploaded on there. If anyone else's sidewalk mod is not supported in the uploaded version tell me where I can get that missed sidewalk set. I'll add needed files.

EDIT: Removed the download as of July 24th 2009. Please download the Railroad Crossings Sidewalk Mod.

Andreas

Hmm, I wonder if this mod (and Swamper77's version for the Maxis railway crossings) shouldn't be included into the NAM...
Andreas

FortSixAndTwo462

Quote from: ebina on October 08, 2008, 07:27:42 AM
Have uploaded CRRAF(Curved Railroads Automatic Filler). http://www.savefile.com/files/1827860
I said it is trial version but it can be full version since nothing will be added anymore.

Hi. I noticed that the link takes me to a "file not found" page. Would you be able to restore the file? Thanks very much.

czkimi

&apls nice work!
I love the yellow mod

ebina

FortSixAndTwo462: Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a new link. EDIT: Download link has been removed. Please see page 3.
I searched my PC but could not find exact copy of the zip file that was on the Savefile.com. And I cannot remember if I wrote readme...

I repackaged mod files only, nothing has been updated from the initial version. Since there's no mod that will conflict with the CRRAF you don't need to care about the loading order of files. Simply copy files into your Plugins folder.

czkimi: Thanks.

Quote from: Andreas on March 29, 2009, 08:36:28 AM
Hmm, I wonder if this mod (and Swamper77's version for the Maxis railway crossings) shouldn't be included into the NAM...
Sorry for late reply... If OWRRX is part of the NAM, how do you implement it? If you include OWRRX into the NAM, only Maxis sidewalk version without diagonal grass options should be a part of the NAM to make installation simple. Textures for custom sidewalks and grass options for Maxis version can be separated download.

Second option is simplifying OWRRX. Same as the way Maxis took for diagonal roads, omitting fully paved diagonal for low density zones and grasses for medium/high density zone is possible.

Well, like the GLR Track Mod I'll release the mod first separately. Repackaging the mod into official NAM release can be done sometime later.

FortSixAndTwo462

Fantastic! Thanks very much, ebina.

vinlabsc3k

Ebina san, you are great!! &apls

But I think that only the GHSR needs the trick of subway conversion :-\, because the monorail has a tunnel entrance-exit and the HSR needs only an overhanging LOT.
So I've a request: Can you make the Model B as an overhanging LOT for HSR?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ebina

vinlabsc3k: It would be technically possible. Rather than that it might be better to add 3ddz's tunnels as second and third model of draggable tunnel, like GoaSkin did to road and rail. If I could get good result on it I'll post it here.

EDIT: Quick test. No lots or offset props.

vinlabsc3k

Yeah, i know, but there's a problem  :thumbsdown:, if you want build monorail and HSR together, you must exit the game :'(, change the tunnel "skin" ()what() and reboot the game :bomb:. For this complicated procedure i've opted for the simple one. But this is only my opinion. /&HiPP/%

P.S.: The Model B must be positioned a little bit forward &idea
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

ebina

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on June 09, 2009, 03:47:53 PM
Yeah, i know, but there's a problem  :thumbsdown:, if you want build monorail and HSR together, you must exit the game :'(, change the tunnel "skin" ()what() and reboot the game :bomb:. For this complicated procedure i've opted for the simple one. But this is only my opinion. /&HiPP/%
I know but GoaSkin's way allows using HSR tunnel and GHSR tunnel at the same time so I think it is worth to do.

P.S.: The Model B must be positioned a little bit forward &idea
It seems model B has problem with LODs. I guess that's why top of roof is not correctly displayed. If 3ddz could rerender the models, but he is not online for long time... Or hillside in the test shot is too high... Lowering hillside, or required heights for tunnels might be able to make tunnel B better. I will research good values for enablers of model B.

Oh, one more "tunnel" by the way, inspired by dedgren's screenshot posted on 3RR. HSRP additional tunnels might include this one, too...

vershner

Hi there, would it be possible to change the tunnel pieces so they use these props?
Then when the HSR texture and models are changed the tunnels will still match.

ebina

Quote from: vershner on July 03, 2009, 06:57:54 AM
Hi there, would it be possible to change the tunnel pieces so they use these props?
Then when the HSR texture and models are changed the tunnels will still match.
I think even if I use them old HSR textures have to remain there since track part of portals is in the same model. If anyone has GMAX files of 3ddz's tunnels they could be rerendered using your upgraded texture. But I don't think his tunnels could be updated...

Although I cannot do it as I'm not a BATter, creating brand new portals using your texture would be possible.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

ebina

Uploaded Railroad Crossings Sidewalk Mod on the STEX. It is for mainly adding wealth dependent textures to the level crossings where heavy rail intersects with street, road and one way road.

I'll restart the U-Rail Update Mod.

sithlrd98

I am in awe! You are definitely helping to fill in some major gaps and  I appreciate it! I just had a quick look , and you hit all of the mods I did (looks like I need to do the Blam set :) )

Great work Ebina san!

Jayson

ebina

Thank you, Jayson san.

Quote from: sithlrd98 on July 21, 2009, 05:21:52 AM
... (looks like I need to do the Blam set :) )
If you don't like to combine roadway textures and sidewalk textures again and again for each tile, there's an easy way that involves S3D files. Since your WRC sidewalk mod is for model based network pieces it will work.
Chrisim's way allows you to easily combine roadway textures and sidewalk textures. Even if sidewalk is HD and roadway is SD, since who combine the textures is the game, you don't need to adjust image size each time to combine HD and SD.

If you wanted to see how to do it I'd try to describe tutorial and post it in tutorial section of the forum.

sithlrd98

Thank you Ebina san , that would be much appreciated! Maybe I could actually do Mas sans sidewalk mod justice since his sidewalks are HD! I must admit that the way I do them is rather tedious . I wonder though if I already know this technique and was not sure if it would involve re-distributing models for each mod? I was doing something similar with a beta T-21 wealth mod , but I found a few issues with that.

Jayson

jacqulina

ebina

Quote from: sithlrd98 on July 22, 2009, 05:18:06 AM
Thank you Ebina san , that would be much appreciated! Maybe I could actually do Mas sans sidewalk mod justice since his sidewalks are HD! I must admit that the way I do them is rather tedious . I wonder though if I already know this technique and was not sure if it would involve re-distributing models for each mod? I was doing something similar with a beta T-21 wealth mod , but I found a few issues with that.

Jayson
Once you've modified S3Ds they can be used for any custom sidewalks. The method adds "overlay (roadway)" texture to the same part of S3D as "base (sidewalk)" texture. What you need to prepare should be sidewalk textures of new IID for modified S3Ds. Or you can change S3D setting to load regular sidewalk texture (0x08N0000Z) if you omit to darken textures.

I'll start to write a tutorial.

Quote from: jacqulina on July 22, 2009, 06:15:58 AM
fantastic work &apls
Thank you.

sithlrd98

So , because I think I know where  you  are going (of course I'm probably way off  :) )....if I attach the base to the existing S3D by adding the with/or without making a new group etc. The models from the NAM dat need to be re-released. If I create new S3D's and  create props for the Base and T-21  , they won't work properly .

I am sorry to "jump the gun" I just have tried a few alternatives and the only way I was able to even slightly make a modular sidewalk mod with S3D's was to make alphas of the sidewalk base , created from the road texture and apply them via T-21. I am having issues even with that technique , but I'm sure it is something that I am overlooking!

Jayson