• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Report Japanese BAT Issues or Comments Here!

Started by Fatsuhono, October 07, 2008, 02:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatsuhono

I know there has been a lot of activity concerning the deletion of certain BATs from Japanese sites. I know that APTX has deleted his website, and most people are concerned about getting his BATs. Instead of posting questions about Japanese BATs at all different topics in the JPN forum, how about we just post questions and comments here?

- Getting APTX's BATs -

APTX has taken his website off the internet, but he has a blog. Scroll down the page, find where it says: 2008年08月 (meaning August). Click the back button (前の月), to see other archives. Click on one of these numbers, they will lead to a download page to get his BATs. As always, if you don't know how to read Japanese, visit the Google Translator.

APTX said that his website is due back up in November.

skyliner

This is a persisting problem for my cities. This blanklot with a grey rectangle keeps popping up and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone help me?

and is there a way to make R$ houses R$$?

Fatsuhono

Hello Skyliner! :)

I don't know what this is, but in order to find out what is going wrong, follow this post by Ebina which will allow you to display Japanese characters in-game. I know that you can read Japanese, so that shouldn't be too hard for you. ;)

Once you do this, take a query look at the building again, and try to search your plugins folder to find a file with the same (or similar) of name. Then, if you remember what site it came from, go to that site and try to find the dependencies. If the site is down or the dependencies not listed, then you are out of luck (unless anyone else has a solution?). Delete the file from your plugins if all else fails.

Good luck Sky! :thumbsup:

serebii666

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

SimNation

Skyliner

I know excatly what the problem is. I had that problem as well and spent about a month trying to figure out wth was causing it I must of forgot to post the resolution. NOB's Somy's last Residental complex  has some super wierd bug in it where there are 1x1,1x2,2x2, and I think a few others that will grow and all have 500 residental sims in it. You will need to delete that residental complex and all of its files if you want to get ride of the problem.

^^^ That is the complex you need to get rid of if you downloaded it. It is what is causing your problem. Get rid of all the files that came with complex about and your problem will be gone after you demolish all of the instances of it that grew in your city.

RippleJet

That picture is not NOB's, it's SOMY's and his Patios 46.
It may very well be the functional landmark growing on empty lots above though
(it does have "46" in its name, and the normal growable version does have 500 R§§).

However, the file currently available on SOMY's site does not include a functional landmark that would grow on an empty lot.
I think SOMY may have removed the landmark version when he updated his upload February 5th, 2008.

Would you, SimNation, or somebody else, still have the old version?
In that case I'd be grateful if you could send it to me,
so that I could add correct information for it in the thread
Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them

skyliner

I had the old version but I saw that SOMY updated the file so I downloaded the new one. Thanks for helping me SimNation! :thumbsup:

katsumata

Hi everyone.
SOMY san is making rich mansion and a picture uploaded in his website!!!

SOMY's site http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/somy000/

SimNation

Unfortunately I no longer have the file after I had caught that it was that building causing the problem I got rid of the file. Thanks RippleJet for the correction I forgot it was a Somy lot.

That new lot is looking good that Somy is making.Any chance he could fix the bug with his lot?

Fatsuhono

Ah, Katsumata san, I saw that too! :) Somy is getting really good at BATting, and I can't wait for him to release those mansions! ;D

k808j

How do you get caribou's long slope transit pieces to appear in the menu?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

katsumata

k808j

Katsumata

I still can't find it.  I tried it as the only plugin and its not showing up in no menus.

katsumata

k808j-san.

I thought there is it in park menu but there is it in other transport menu..... :-[
I'm Sorry.

k808j

katsumata-san,

Its not showing up in any menu.  Is this plugin designed strictly for the japanese simcity4 version?

Bzfan1988

k808j-san

My simcity4 is displayed in the menu.
Though it is not possible to paste because how to paste the image is not understood.
Because the thing of PC is not detailed, disagreeing of simcity4 of Japan and overseas simcity4 is left traffic and a Japanese mark title though [goto] might be said. [tonchinkan]
However, the matter on is unrelated to the display in the menu.
And, it is Win Mac or a place in case of being.
Is not the setting for Mac [te] caribou done by k808j-san's using Mac?

Because English cannot speak at all, the original is put below.
私のsimcity4にもメニューに表示されます。
画像の貼り方が分らないので、貼れませんが。
PCの事は詳しくないのでトンチンカンな事を言ってしまうかもしれませんが、
日本のsimcity4と海外のsimcity4の違いって左側通行と日本語表記位ですよね。
でもメニューに表示されるとかは上の事柄って関係ないですよね。
それであればWinかMacか位ですよね?
k808j-sanがMac使っててcaribouさんMac用の設定をしていないとかですかね?

k808j

Bzfan1988-san

I have Windows. Could the original elevated rail to subway piece cause a conflict with caribou's long slope?

Lukfi

Hi. I have downloaded a railway station made by Raika. I really love the glass building, except the rail texture under it which doesn't fit at all with the original track texture. I was just wondering if this could be fixed.

I found an old post saying that Raika can not be contacted, so would it be possible for someone else to modify the lot, while of course giving due credit to Raika, or would that just be unethical? ()what()
Looking into the files in ilive's reader reveals that the rail texture is actually a part of the S3D model, so a change of the lot texture won't do the trick &mmm

hconline

Hai... Well, I'm looking for some of the CAM CS pack dependencies... and I can't locate the ks-jpn MEGA prop packs vol 1 and 4 that are listed as at Raika's site... Or the "Cobalt Tower". Can anybody help? I browsed through the site and was able to find the "Iolite Spire" that was one of the japanese dependencies, but I can't find the others. I'm fairly sure they must be out somewhere else too, because I have ks-jpn MEGA prop pack vol 5... I think I got it off the LEX, can't remember.
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

Shark7

Quote from: hconline on January 05, 2010, 10:19:13 PM
Hai... Well, I'm looking for some of the CAM CS pack dependencies... and I can't locate the ks-jpn MEGA prop packs vol 1 and 4 that are listed as at Raika's site... Or the "Cobalt Tower". Can anybody help? I browsed through the site and was able to find the "Iolite Spire" that was one of the japanese dependencies, but I can't find the others. I'm fairly sure they must be out somewhere else too, because I have ks-jpn MEGA prop pack vol 5... I think I got it off the LEX, can't remember.

That particular mega prop pack is here on the Lex...so are many of ks-jpn's models, all in mega prop packs.

However, I'm running into this problem as well.  On the 24th of December, I suffered a catastrophic HD crash and lost everything.  So after a couple of weeks of trying to get everything back like it was, I'm finding that a few of the models that are listed as necessary by Cleanitol now lead to dead links.  Hopefully we will be able to find them or perhaps it is simply a connectivity problem.

I had a back up, on a secondary drive that was also trashed.  I had the ulitmate bad luck of losing both HDs on the same day.  :'(

And the moral of this story...Make multiple back ups using CDs or USB drives.