• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japanese Gardens

Started by Diamond, December 23, 2008, 07:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond

Hello everyone :)

I'm currently lotting some mansion for the really rich people in my city. It's because these maxis villas and low density R-$$$ just don't look like some really rich people live there. So I started to create my own set with bigger, fancier and more expensive looking lots. I want each of them to represent one "typical" style of gardening. I also gave a try and japanese gardening, but i don't know if i got it right. So i thought i better ask people who know better than me :).

So, what do you think?

sithlrd98

I think they look great! If I may suggest using some of Mas71s' seasonal cherry trees (from this prop pack)http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=779 , they'll give the lots a little more kick!

Jayson

MAS71

@Diamond
Hello and nice to meet you !! :)

The thing that speaks an architectural style of modern Japan is not easy.
Because the style in various countries exists together there. (american, europian, Mediterranean and more)
and people have an images about a Japan in many nation, I think that they are thing of old japanese style.
certainly, There is still it a little, but it's not surely popular for a modern Japanese by any means. ;)

by the way,,,
I hope it will be your any helps.
--> Result on Google in Japan.

and I must tell you one more thing.
There are not many at all Japanese having a "Big Garden."  $%Grinno$%
(The tendency is remarkable so as to approach the city.)

Thanks for reading my no good English.
Mas'71 in Japan.

Diamond

Hi

Thank you for your help. I got inspired by some pictures i saw:
http://www.zengardens.de/zenkloster_japan_07_22.htm
(pictures 22 - 33, click on "nächstes Bild" to browse through the pictures).

I know that most people in japan don't have big garden, but the gardening around the shrines is breathtaking and the most beautiful i have seen!
I just noticed my lots need far more props to get the "feeling" right.