• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Toolで日本語LTEXTを編集 - Editing Japanese LTEXT in SC4Tool

Started by ebina, April 18, 2009, 05:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebina

最近になってSC4Toolが日本語LTEXTを編集するのに大変適している事に気付きました。新しい方法は外部のテキストエディターを必要とせず、文字エンコーディングを手動で設定する必要もありません。
Recently I realized that the SC4Tool handles Japanese LTEXT files very well. Advantage of the new method to edit Japanese LTEXT using the SC4Tool is that it does not require external text editor. You do not need to manually set the character encoding anymore.

SC4Toolの他に必要なツールはLot EditorとReaderです。
Tools you need other than the SC4Tool are the Lot Editor and the Reader.

Step 1.
はじめにLot Editorを起動し、何でもいいのでLotを開いてください。次に「Save As」をクリックし、わかりやすい名前を付けて保存します。これは中身がLTEXTファイルだけのdatをSC4ToolのExemplar Editorが扱えない不具合を回避するためのものです。
First run the Lot Editor and open any Lot. Next click "Save As" and give it an understandable name. Why it is needed is because the Exemplar Editor of the SC4Tool cannot handle dat file that contains only LTEXT files.

Step 2.
先ほど保存したLotは"\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins"にあるはずです。それをReaderで開き、SimCityLocale.datなどから既存のLTEXTファイルをコピーしてください。画像ではNetworkAddonMod_Locale_english.datからコピーしています。
A lot you saved should be in "\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins". Open the SC4Lot in the Reader and copy existent LTEXT files from SimCityLocale.dat or something into the SC4Lot. In the screenshot I copied two LTEXT files from NetworkAddonMod_Locale_english.dat as bases.

Group/Instance値の変更が必要であればTGI Editorを使用します。後からでも変更できますが、この時点で行うのがお奨めです。TGI値の変更が済んだらSC4Lotを保存して、一旦ファイルを閉じてください。
Assign new Group/Instance IDs via the TGI Editor at this point if you needed to change them. You can do it later, though, changing TGIs at this point is better. Save the SC4Lot afterwards and close it.

Step 3.
SC4LotをSC4ToolのExemplar Editorで開いてください。
Open the SC4Lot in the Exemplar Editor of the SC4Tool.

左ペインの「Ltext」グループから編集したいLTEXTファイルを選択し、右ペインに必要な内容を入力して保存します。「nothing to save!」というエラーが表示された時は、左ペインの何でもいいのでクリックしてから再度保存を試みてください。
Select the Ltext group in the left pane, and select a LTEXT you want to edit. In the right pane edit description. Do not forget to save the SC4Lot after editing. If the SC4Tool says "nothing to save!" then click anything in the left pane and try saving again.

Step 4.
再びReaderでSC4Lotを開き、LTEXTファイルを適切なdatにコピーし保存します。更新後のLTEXTをStep 2.のコピー元と同じdatファイルにコピーする場合は古いLTEXTファイルを削除する必要があります。削除するファイルを選択して右クリックし、コンテキストメニューから [ Remove file ] を選んでください。必要な作業はStep 2.と同じため画像は省略しました。
Again open the SC4Lot in the Reader, copy the LTEXT files and paste them into appropriate dat file then save it. If you copy the updated LTEXT into the same dat file as the one that includes LTEXT that you copied and used as bases, you need to remove the old LTEXT files. Select the old LTEXT files and right click on them, then select [ Remove file ] from contextual menu. I omitted screenshots for this step since what you need to do is the same as the Step 2.

ゲーム中ではこのように表示されます。
This is the result of the method.

注意 :
CAUTION :

必ず「LTEXTファイルそのもの」をコピーしてください。Reader上で日本語LTEXTを編集するとゲーム中で文字化けしたり、ひどい場合にはゲームをフリーズさせるファイルができあがってしまうため、ReaderはGroup/Instance値を変更するためだけに使用してください。
Be sure to copy the LTEXT files themselves. It is very important to not edit Japanese text in the Reader. Editing a LTEXT file that was created using the method described in this tutorial makes unreadable texts. And editing my Japanese LTEXT created using the old method makes fatal LTEXT that freezes the game. Use the Reader only to change Group/Instance IDs.

Andreas

I'm glad that SC4Tool's LTEXT editor works fine with Japanese text as well - when testing this feature together with simrolle, we put quite some effort into it, so it's a true "WYSIWYG" editor. :)
Andreas

MAS71

Thank you for very useful and kindly tutorial Ebina san !!  :thumbsup:  &apls
とても親切丁寧な分かりやすいチュートリアルに感謝です!

SC4Toolでのテキスト編集が、日本語にも対応した便利さがある事だけは知っていたのですが...。
今まではテキストツールを使いながら、XA Fileとして代用していましたが(ラグ太郎さんのチュートリアルより)
こうして基本となるLTXTを抽出しておきテンプレートとなるベースファイルを作成しておくと本当に楽ですね。 ;)

お陰さまで今後のテキストファイル作成の面倒な作業がまた一つ解消されます。 :D
ありがとうございました。 :)