• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

At last report he was adding finishing touches. As to the state of it now, only Tarkus knows.

j-dub

A200

I think Tarkus lives in the good old US of A? If so then I reckon he is gonna release it on December 31, 2008, as a last gift before the new year.

It will be good for me too if that's the case, as it will be January 1, 2009 here in Australia and my internet would be at full speed for me to be able to download it  :satisfied: &idea

Kitsune

psst, save the release till after January 10th, its when I get back to Canada.....  ;)
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

I do indeed live in the good old US of A.  But if it's January 1st anywhere . . . and I promised no January 1st release . . . no RHW. ;)  RHW Day coincides with Chrisimas. ::)

There are still a few minor details here and there to iron out . . . very minor.  And I've added 4 surprise puzzle pieces in as well . . . they're little 1x1 guys, but I think many of you will like them--particularly our good friend deathtopumpkins. ;)

After that, as I'm planning on staying true to my "smaller but more frequent" plan, which means RHW Version 3.1 will begin development almost immediately after that. ;) 

-Alex (Tarkus)

blackedemon

Quote from: Tarkus on December 31, 2008, 12:45:50 AM
I do indeed live in the good old US of A.  But if it's January 1st anywhere . . . and I promised no January 1st release . . . no RHW. ;)  RHW Day coincides with Chrisimas. ::)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Quote from: RippleJet on December 30, 2008, 03:55:37 AM
Is it Christmas or is it Chrisimas? These are FLUPping fabulous! &apls

Hm, certainly tickles my curiosity..

Edit:
Christmas is a time for giving and receiving (of course, putting all religious connotations aside)..
RHW day coincides with 'Chrisimas' and the user Chrisim has two major NAM projects in progress.
Perhaps the release of the RHW will be the same day or very close to the release of FLUPs and/or T-RAM?

My 2 cents.

Perhaps I'm looking into the whole thing too much.

WC_EEND

maybe the release will be on Chrisim's birthday?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

cape44

Hi Alex,

RHW Version 3.1 will begin development almost immediately after that. ;) 

And what about the  NWM project ???  :'(  :'(

Happy New year to all!
My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

Patricius Maximus

Perhaps both will be worked on simultaneously.

TheChosenOne

RHW Day coincides with Chrisimas. ::)

OMFG!!! Maybe it's the FLUPs for RHW as RippleJet replied on the FLUPs thread: "chrisimas".
Or it could be T-RAM too, or both :D
But I think it's the FLUPs, since there's clues in the thread and in the RHW FAQ!
Quote from: Tarkus on April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM
The RHW project is looking at other potential alternatives that will not require Transit-Enabled Lots and will allow U-Drive-It (UDI) functionality.
The FLUPs allow UDI...Let's cross our fingers!
-TheChosenOne

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Blue Lightning

I'm excitied, I'm guessing for the 1-tile pieces might be fillers?
But since it is going to be near chrisimas, I'm guessing FLUP-RHW pieces.
I'm listening for more clues and updates.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

Tarkus considered FLUP integration with the RHW, but since the FLUP development is really just starting, FLUP development and the RHW will be another time. Right now, a RHW 4, can transition to an avenue, then back to an RHW 4 again, a road can pass under that way. Again though, FLUPs is really at an early stage of development before achieving RHW interfaces. The idea is in face something like the big dig, except with actual puzzle pieces.

bob56

what is the FLUP?

i've been gone 2 weeks, and everythings changed dramatically!

I cant wait!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

[Delta ²k5]

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Tarkus on January 02, 1970, 02:11:11 AM
There are still a few minor details here and there to iron out . . . very minor.  And I've added 4 surprise puzzle pieces in as well . . . they're little 1x1 guys, but I think many of you will like them--particularly our good friend deathtopumpkins. ;)

Hmmm... What could those be?  :D I have no idea, I feel special now.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

LE0

Even though Im on Simtropolis already, i joined Sc4d yesterday to ask some questions in this forum:

A.Will there be a diagonal B ramp interface where diagonal rhw4 to orthogonal Mis, useful for diagonal diamonds and cloverleafs?
B. will highway walls like buddybuds work with sunken RHWs?

PS happy New year everyone :)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

darraghf

Well if you read q. 8 of the faq you would see that there is only ramp interface a diagonally and i think that it is only diagonal-diagonal not orthogonal-orthogonal.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Shadow

I like this texture, but i prefer the european's texture  ;D
But it's very beautiful !  &apls
And happy New Year !  :thumbsup:
When do you put the RHW on SC4 Devotion ?
(Sorry for my English, i practise ' in my class, but we don't speak English about SC4 :D)

Tarkus

Hehe . . . I think some folks put two and two together on the whole RHW FLUPs thing . . . that was indeed my train of thought.  But that's not part of the surprise feature list for Version 3.0 . . .

LE0, welcome to SC4D!  To answer your question, the Diagonal Ramp Style B, with the MIS coming off at the diagonal, will not be included as part of the Version 3.0 release.  It is, however, planned for a near future release. 

cape44, as far as the NWM goes, I'm not sure what all will be happening with it.  I'll have a better idea as to what will happen with it within the next month or so, depending on what all happens with development on the next RHW release. 

I don't think anyone's still figured out the surprise(s) yet, either.  I think you'll like what's in store.

And Happy New Year, everyone! 

RHW Day is still imminent . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)