• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Marsh's Swamp (Random things I am working on.)

Started by marsh, December 31, 2010, 01:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

Thank you for that help andreas. :) I'll get to it eventually (probably when I start building my city more :P)

evillions: No they are not. I just built that quickly to test the mod. ;)

I come asking another question. I'm using orange_o_'s pyrean terrain mod. My question is why does it make all beach and water textures seem spread out more. Like they're blurry. It just ruins everything. I've figured out how to fix the beach mod by just adding a exemplar with some texture spread curves for it, but I can't get the water normal. Any help here?

Lowkee33

The Pyrean mod uses 512x512 textures, and in order to get the detail out of these, the TerrainTexTilingFactor (in the Terrain Properties exemplar) has been dropped to .1.  This property does effect all textures, so you will need to find/make some 512x512 water textures to get the detail back.  I suppose you could just tile some 256x256 textures in photoshop to get back to normal.

(Or, you could make some 1024x1024 textures and drop this to .05  ::) )

marsh

Lowkee: Thanks for that help. :) I used your water mod you gave me and it works fine. The only problem is the zoom 3 textures which look kinda blurry.

Rayden

Quote from: Lowkee33 on September 30, 2011, 12:41:47 PM
The Pyrean mod uses 512x512 textures, and in order to get the detail out of these, the TerrainTexTilingFactor (in the Terrain Properties exemplar) has been dropped to .1.  This property does effect all textures, so you will need to find/make some 512x512 water textures to get the detail back.  I suppose you could just tile some 256x256 textures in photoshop to get back to normal.

(Or, you could make some 1024x1024 textures and drop this to .05  ::) )

Me and Adam tested that property extensively with water and rock mods, and the best factor for textures iqual or above 512x512 was 0.12. We tested the 0.1 and many textures on different zooms got that blurry, and the 0.15 didn't show all the details and got a bit too much repetitive than we would like, so, the half way was the best compromise. I still use 0.12 now a days.

marsh

Rayden: I may be using .12 now, it looks much better :) Oranges' terrain mod seems to be at .09

So I'm still trying to wrap my head around T-21's. I started this when trying to make a cantilary mod for GLR (which resulted in failure) I want to make a seasonal street tree mod. Although I have no idea how to get that to work. I'm guessing having to make separate seasons separate props on the same spot, even though I explained that bad. ???

jdenm8

As far as I'm aware, it's like LOTing a normal LOT, but you copy the LotConfig stuff into a T21 exemplar.
Seasonals are exactly the same as on a normal LOT, place all four seasons on the same spot.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Ol.S / Benoit

Hi Marsh,

First, I would like to thank you for the quality stuff you share here...
I'm having fun right now with your desert rock & terrain mod, which are amazing, espacially the cracked earth texture !  :thumbsup: (Check my MD to see some pictures of your work !)

Here is my request : As you are the master for HD beach MODs, I was wondering if you can make one that looks like what we can see around the Draa river in Morocco ? A greeny/sandy/rocky beach mod would fit perfectly with your desert rock & terrain mod.
Anyway, you tell me what do you think about that. :)

Here is an example :

Keep it up !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture