• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Edit: Hmmm... did I just hit that "00"-number. That NEVER happens to me.  ;D

Nice to see this much progress. Can't wait for those quads to start developing, David!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

flame1396

This is very very cool and quite interesting.

Custom interchanges arent really my thing. They just arent real enough for me. However. There is also a trade off when getting the carbon copy interchange each time you use the Maxis ones.

Hey look! emilin got a dubble-oh!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

BigSlark

David,

Congrats to emilin for hitting the "00" and thanks for noticing the mis-assignment (my spell checker claims that isn't a real word, much like BATing or Modding).

I'm itching for more 3RR-so many updates in the past few days have me really fired up about playing SC4!

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

The Table of Contents is now located in its permanent home here [linkie].  Enjoy your visit to 3RR!

David

Table of Contents - Continued

Page 1 through 10 12-20-06 - 1-16-07

Page 11 through 20 1-16-07 - 2-7-07

Page 21 through 30 2-7-07 - 3-1-07

Page 31 through 40 3-1-07 - 3-20-07

Page 41 through 50 3-20-07 - 4-10-07

Page 51 through 60 4-10-07 - 5-30-07

Page 61 through 70 5-30-07 - 7-15-07

Page 71 through current 7-15-07 - current

Table of Contents - Page 71 through current 7-15-07 - current

n.b.Please note that if you have you have checked the "Show most recent posts at the top." selection in your member profile, the pages in this TOC won't line up with the pages you view.

...that's because you are viewing them backwards!

Aside from this somewhat disconcerting situation, the remainder of the TOC links work just fine.

Each of the page numbers and individual posts is hotlinked, and clicking on one of these will take you there in a new window.  Since 3RR pages tend to be pic heavy, you should give your browser a little bit of time to load them and settle down at the top of the post.  Once there, you can resize the new window to your liking.  3RR's current page is noted by the emergency flasher pic.

After each page number, I have noted the dates of the first and last comment on the page.  After each post heading, I have noted the date the post was originally made.  If a content update has been made to a post, the word "MORE!" will appear highlighted in yellow followed by the date of the update.

The members who've commented on a particular page are listed, with folks who left more than one comment on the page noted with "(x2)," "(x3)" and so on.  "First timers" appear in red.

Page 71 7-15-07 - current

Table of Contents Page 71 to current 7-15-07

Looks like another double-0; Travis's collaboration quad; A Des Plaines Spur line mosaic and a quad 188 topo 7-15-07

Commenters include:  emilin, flame1396 (x2), BigSlark,  Travis, Yoman, thundercrack83, patfirefightr, bat, and kwakelaar
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

dedgren

Yes, it does appear our old friend Emil (emilin) has hit that coveted "00" mark this time around.  I can't imagine we won't find something suitable to note that with over the next little bit.

Well, last night I goofed.  Got Kevin's (BigSlark) and Travis's quads mixed up.  In that my 3RR file system is limited to whatever I can pile on my desk (sometimes I have to make a path so I can see the monitor), it had to happen sooner or later.  I now owe both of you guys big time- we'll sort it out, I'm sure.

Travis, here is in fact your quad...

...checking one last time- yes, yes...

Here's an overview pic.

High-SW, the home of the city of South Shore, Pine Point Regional Park, the Pratt Island ferry terminal, and a long stretch of the very scenic Des Plaines Spur railroad line.

Click here [linkie] for the full-size mosaic.  I don't do them very often, but the spur line just called out for that treatment.

Here's the basic quad, Travis.

Central South Shore will go in the flattish area to the east of Sideling Hill.  Additional 'burbs will be pretty much everywhere- don't build in the flood plain of the creek, though, without insurance.  Plenty of room for those box stores, though.

Sorry again about the mix-up.

I'm flying to Texas tonight for an overnighter in Midland- bringing my boy Tristen back to Alaska.  Next update's probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Travis

That will be an interesting quad to develop, David. I see a good spot for some commercial between the freeway and the road, and the creekbed
and the shore will both make for nice parks. Once again, I'm eager to get started.  :thumbsup:

Yoman

I just had an odd moment, I clicked on that mic-mansion link of yours, and the picture in the upper right is actually a picture of a friend's house under construction :P Either that or its the exact same design, region, climate, time of year.

flame1396

I love the mosaic. Good choice of subject matter.

*notes he is becoming a 3RR regular*
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

thundercrack83

That mosaic was stunning, David! Simply stunning! I would love to ride those rails along the coast! Great work on these quads, I'll be back to see more of them!

Pat

LoL yoman aint that scary LoL... David wonderful work here on those topo's... Keep it up buddy

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great pictures, david! Great work! :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

As always an enjoyable visit, love maps and your topo maps are very good, just read through your tutorial some pages back, and I will surley try out some of your techniques from that one.

Looks like we will see some cities develop shortly, something I really look forward to.

dedgren

Back from Texas.

Not likely to be anything more before the weekend- here's a little Quad 188 eye candy to hold you over.

We have also been adding more entries to the Gazetteer [linkie].

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Quad 188 looks quite pleasant, David! I love the use of the NAM rail curves, especially how it goes seamless into the bridge in the second picture. I'm going to peruse the Gazetteer, and I'll be looking forward to what you have in store for this weekend!

Zaphod

those rail curves really look good. Its odd, besides this I havent really seen them in cj's. odd because they are in no way difficult to work with.

The river thing is interesting. To me though, the biggest irritating thing about building rivers and also lakes in the game is the shores. They always seem really steep. Obviously most rivers have steep bluffs in real life, but at the same time sometimes its a bit much looking in the sc4 perspective at least if you are trying to build a stream or lake in a flat area.

Anyways, I havent been in here in a while. But im still interested in doing the collaboration once that gets going
War Kittens !?

tkirch

Are those rail curves going to be available at any time to all of us because they look just amazing!!

freedo50

Quote from: tkirch on July 19, 2007, 12:45:10 PM
Are those rail curves going to be available at any time to all of us because they look just amazing!!

They already are tkirch, they're in the june '07 NAM, at the end of the tab cycle for rail puzzle pieces.

Fred

BigSlark

David,

The eye candy you make is amazing. Hopefully there will be more 3RR like eye candy on the boards soon...

Cheers,
Kevin

van1357

Hi David, it's been quite a while... Anyway, I have been checking in here at least once a fortnight and everything looks amazing! I love the maps you have been producing and the overall form of the terrain (life-like!). Also, the way the transport is coming together is great (transport enthusiast...). Anyway, I really enjoy coming here and viewing your wonderful work. Keep it up!
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
Albert Einstein

bat

That's a great area, David! Fantastic work on these trees and rail curves!

btw,
  ()stsfd() my 2000th countable post in this excellent MD   ()stsfd()