• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMXd Sneak Preview Week Begins!

Started by xxdita, August 06, 2010, 02:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MutantPlatypus

Quote from: RippleJet on August 10, 2010, 06:30:12 PM
You need to compare the Bywater Springs to the ingame Disease Center, which is a reward with a much higher plop cost.
The Disease Center as such may actually be considered a cheat by Maxis... ::)

Not quite, because the disease research center boosts HQ a lot less than the clinic and hospital.  Note the hospital effectiveness vs age of the disease reasearch center:  0,3,100,3.  I still don't quite understand what those do, (only and 3% 8% effective?  Is the HQ boost something accumulated over time?) but the 3s are less than the 8s the medical centers and clinics have, so I just assume the disease research center has less "oomph" to compensate for its increased capacity.  The HQ boost value is also measly 3.2, compared to the 11.52 of both the clinic and the large medical center.  (The farmer's market has .1)  The disease research center isn't a cheap, high-capacity hospital.

I just checked, and neither is Bywater.  You're right :).  I didn't realize Bywater also had its HQ boost reduced, but its effectiveness vs average age is the same as a hospital.  I just assumed it was a full-effect hospital, as its description led me to believe.

I'm all open to suggestions on how to improve the formulas for the patient capacities.
Most other properties rely on the patient capacity.

I'll have some suggestions and measurements soon.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

StormThief24

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but did anyone ever make CAMeLOTs of SimRabbit's towers here? http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2977.0

If not then this is a request assuming there's no copyright to deal with.  ()what()

ScottFTL

Quote from: StormThief24 on August 11, 2010, 10:11:18 PM
Dunno if this is the right place for this, but did anyone ever make CAMeLOTs of SimRabbit's towers here? http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2977.0

If not then this is a request assuming there's no copyright to deal with.  ()what()

I believe there will be a request thread once the PIM-X'd Project is officially launched.  Right now, this is just a sneak peek.  It shouldn't be too much longer now.

This is a great suggestion, though.  They are fantastic models.  I can't promise anything just yet, but I'll have a look at updating these.   &Thk/(

gtaki

Quote from: ScottFTL on August 12, 2010, 10:30:29 AM
I believe there will be a request thread once the PIM-X'd Project is officially launched.  Right now, this is just a sneak peek.  It shouldn't be too much longer now.

This is a great suggestion, though.  They are fantastic models.  I can't promise anything just yet, but I'll have a look at updating these.   &Thk/(

For those SR buildings I have PIMX'd them some times ago. Would the team need them?
I dont know my version is suitable or not since I have just modded the original files on STEX to CAMpatible and keep the old TGIs.

and glad to see this project begins   ;D&apls