• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Airport (CPH)

Started by Kack, June 14, 2012, 07:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Kack

It's time for a region overview

The runways and taxiways are allmost finish.

My biggest problem, is that I have no 30degree (or so) taxiways.

The area marked with a red circle is quite hard to recreate. The RMIP diagonal taxiways is 45 degrees so there are not going to fit.
The taxiway marked with blue, have the same problem. As you can see on my region overview, it do not look like the actual taxiway. But I just don't know how to fix this.

Besides this, I can not praise the people behind RMIP and other airport packs enough. Thanks for all your great work!  &apls

RickD

Hmm, the RMIP is already that complex, and still you could use maybe a few hundred more pieces.  :D But the similarity between your region shot and the real thing is astounding. I can definitely tell that it is the same airport.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Region view is great! the airports look alike!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

I think you have done a fantastic work here.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Kack

Replies  :thumbsup:

I'm so happy that you like my work guys! Keep following. It would get better. It's cool that you can see it's Copenhagen Airport :D

Small update
I just have to show you the area I worked on last night. The amount of puzzle pieces almost killed me.  :-[ I'm pretty happy with the result. But maybe I have to redo it, when it's time to place the terminals. But here it is!

nas-t

art128

Ahah, yes, the amount of puzzle pieces, I remember that from the last time I did my airport..... :D

Nice work, I really love that custom runway.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great progress  &apls

It is too bad there are no ~30 degree taxiway pieces, I'm sure they could be very useful. Perhaps if you asked the airport guys really nicely....

Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Kack

Replies
I think the airport guys have enough work to do with their large airport set, noahclem. I don't want to bother them.
art128, thank you! I like it too. But the textures are just not that good. Skid marks are missing and a lot of other small things. :)
nas-t, thanks! Keep following  &apls

Terminals

I'm experimenting a bit with the terminals. Let me say it like this.. They are tough!  :-[ Either the terminals or the taxiways look stupid. I'm aiming for the airport to look as real as possible, so I think they have to be diagonal. But here is a preview. I'm almost sure I will change this at least a couple of times.

art128

I like how it looks! Excellent work.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

I love how this is turning out. 
I think I should send you my region and you could set up my airport.....I suck at them and have very little patience or time to give it a 100%.  :P

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

krbe

This isn't too bad! And maybe if we ask WC_EEND nicely to rerender the SAS MD we could have some great close-ups of pier B too ;)

Note that the jetways on pier B should be attached to the little thingy sticking out from the main body of the terminal piece. Also, pier B is now fully SAS / Star Alliance, so that's where the Lufthansa plane belongs (with Easyjet in pier F, the loners).

Biriali

This looks quite promising. I don't think I've ever seen a MD/CJ centered solely around an airport - or an MD based on anything Danish for that matter...   :D &apls

Jeg glæder mig til at se mere!  ;D
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Kack

Rooker1: Haha! Maybe when I'm done with this monster. Give me a year or two :D

krbe: Wow! You have such a great knowledge for the airport. You work in there, or? I'm not sure whre pier F is placed? Can you show it to me? The SCAG team made a jetway with a road underneath it, unfortunately it does not fit with the terminals I use. It could have been perfect for pier B. Thanks for all the tips. Great to have you here :)

Biriali: I'm glad to have you here. Hope you like the danish design :D  Det bliver endnu bedre næste gang  :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: Kack on July 13, 2012, 02:29:03 PM
krbe: Wow! You have such a great knowledge for the airport. You work in there, or? I'm not sure whre pier F is placed? Can you show it to me? The SCAG team made a jetway with a road underneath it, unfortunately it does not fit with the terminals I use. It could have been perfect for pier B. Thanks for all the tips. Great to have you here :)

My guess is it the new GO terminal. Its seen in the front of the left side of this picture.

krbe

Quote from: Kack on July 13, 2012, 02:29:03 PM

Still studying, unfortunately, but for a student I think I frequent it a bit too much -- I study at Aarhus, have my girlfriend in Copenhagen, and work and friends in Norway. So a couple of times a month I have to go somewhere! I love airports and airport history, and especially Scandinavian; it's amazing how diverse CPH, ARN and OSL are considering the fact that they are almost the same size -- for example the differences between the check in areas at OSL and CPH are gigantic.

Pier F is indeed CPH GO (terrible, terrible terminal -- take the walk down there next time you're there!). From above the RMIP terminal pieces fit perfectly, but since you seem quite familiar with the custom content creating stuff you should maybe put in a glass-to-roof glass texture at F.

When it comes to the roads, I think the ARIP puzzle pieces should be reserved for the "big" roads between the different areas. Indeed the buses ferrying passengers between C gates and the foreign commuter stands (which I use a lot) are driving along the taxiways (behind the SAS A340s, Thai 747s and Emirates 777s :D ).

And I don't mean to crush all your hope; but Kastrup has the most beautiful terminal I've ever seen, the now defunct (used as VIP-?) VL Terminal, after Vilhelm Laurtizen, its architect. Today it sits at the end of the V-shaped taxiway protuberance off runway 12.

The last item is not necessarily something you need considering this is a recreation, but I hope you've seen the plans for a "Terminal A"  (private LCC terminal not part of the "common" CPH complex -- apparently because the runways and infrastructure to some degree is public while the passenger bit is private and thus competition should be ensured at the grounds according to the proponents). Though who knows... Maybe this monster will take so many years you eventually have to put it in anyway!

Kack

krbe, it's so great to have you here! All you inputs are so nice.
I've just been two and a half week in the states. Visiting a lot of different airports. JFK, Newark, Orlando and Miami.
I flew from Copenhagen to Frankfurt and after that to JFK. Great to see all these airports again.

It's funny to taxi to the runway in CPH, when you can recognize all the taxiways and their layout. Now it's time for some rest and maybe some SC4. :D

Kack

Sorry for the lack of updates.
I'm having a problem with game. Actually it's a big problem. Every time I try to enter a city, the game crashes. I don't know if it's plugin or what, but maybe the best thing to do, is to go through all of my plugins  :thumbsdown: :angrymore: