• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Waldey - My Epicurean Garden (NO Update 5 - 08-10-12)

Started by carlfatal, January 31, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveN

carlfatal: Wow. You do a great jobs with my buildings... I think that I can upload on the LEX now, but I don't have a time at this moment. And I also wait for hole update... I'm really interesting what you do with my timber-frame house set. I hope that now you have a lot more creativity and updates will show up more often. I wish you continued success.

RickD: And thank you very much ... already in the process is created for the second set of buildings of this type :) (I allowed myself a small response.)

nas-t: Do not miss anything. Set building is my own, of which Carl asked me, I released him to set. Because I do not have too much time lately I have some delays. Coming soon will be prop pack in these buildings. (I allowed myself a small response.)

carlfatal

Hello to all,
the next update is here, i hope You´ll like it.
But first Replies:
@nbvc,
thanks!

@Kergelen,
thank You!

@noahclem,
thanks, and yes, Knapp´s water is brilliant, especially if You use it for little creeks or so, although i use JRJ water and some other textures too.

@rambuckel,
thanks mate!

@kbieniu7,
thanks my friend, and yes i wasn´t creative. I missed the houses till Dave made them.

@apeguy,
thanks, hope You like the first village too.

@rooker1,
thank You Robin, and yes, as fine as they are - now they look a little bit outdated. Crazy!
I hope Master Girafe will think about these nice trees and give them a home in SimCity4 some time. These willows and the cutted ones were been common around little creeks and lakes.

@bat,
thanks!

@DaveN,
thanks, thanks again for the houses, my fun to build things in the LE is back, visible back...

@Framly,
thanks for Your comments, mate!

@kelis,
thank You too, hope You´ll like the new update too!

@RickD,
thank You!

@nas-t,
thanks, and Dave answered meantime, so have fun with the next pictures. And if You like islands: here is one, not as small as Yours, cause i need railway everywhere, but i hope You´ll enjoy the next few pictures.

@Framly (2),
Thanks again, and yes, these texture is nice!

@noahclem (2),
thank You again also, a few pictures will come today.

@Kerg(u)elen (2),
thank You too again, i´ve read this Kerguelen-thing, and so i hope You love islands.

@DaveN (2),
thanks again, and i hope You´ll enjoy the new pictures.

THIS Update is a short one, only seven pictures. "UUH", i can hear You crying, that´s not fair. In fact, it isn´t but i need more time than expected. And more money...  $%Grinno$%
Luckily i can change the plans, i mean, as long as my sims pay for my silly ideas i can...  :D
I said i would talk about my lots. And cause the village is on a good way i can show some progress that explains, what i mean, if i say "expanded lots". It´s something i discovered in AntigOne, thanks to Badsim again for this. Best is: it works in every constellation, growing lots expanded from 2x2 to 4x2, everything is possible.  :)

On the other side of the railway station i wanted to build the main street again diagonal. Perfect situation to bring in a diagonal crossing with houses around, some industry, workers houses.  $%Grinno$%
First part was a lot only for the railwaystation, the tracks and how the textures have to look.
Then i´ve made two park-lots, 1x1 and stored a copy of them outside the game (Folder 1)
The copies in the plugins became the east- and west- section of the station, big enough for the planned things (10x5 and 17x6). Laying the textures of the rail tracks is the first and then the puzzle can begin. I needed more than 40 hours to build these two lots, a neverending game in the LE itself, my most beloved toy of all times.  ???
So here are two pictures, older ones - the white building was too big for that place - it had to go. You can see, where the lots will lay one over the other ingame.
4.1:

4.2:

After finishing these lots, the lotfiles were parked outside the game (Folder 2). Back into the game i copy the ones from Folder 1 now.
As all the tweaked lots are park lots i needed some R§ and industry and CS§ for Hochfelden. Again i´ve made 1x1 lots, erased the base texture and overworked them in the SCTool (industry is LM with jobs, the church is LM with CS§ and §§ jobs).
Then i can start the game and plant and let grow.
4.3:

And a few lots in Hochfeld, the big ones You can see in the next picture are normal growing R§.
After saving and changing the games details to low i end the game. You can can se how odd it looks without details, but no problem, in the next step i copy AND paste the lots from Folder 2 into the plugins, and voila:
4.4:

The textures of the tweaked lots: cool. Now i change the detail to high again, save and end. If i start now again it should look like this - luckily it did:
4.5:

Okay, there are grown unfinished lots, some texture issues, some props at the wrong place but this is my first try to look ingame how they look together. And i see, there is a lot to do, before i can build the village again (ingame only). But You can see how it works, - it´s completely easy, no need for big TE-lots, my stations, bus stops - everything is invisible 1x1 or 1x2.
Also i have to build Kirchberg again, with the new cobblestone sidewalk the town looks odd. It´s a good step to begin again with villages, as my farmers aren´t willing to work on farms anymore, they now want big dirty industries.  $%Grinno$%
And i want to relot all ALN-paths with invisible basetextures. So i have to destroy and rebuild the most of the lots (ingame only).
But first i will show two pictures, how it looks now. This situation is special: some water pipe was broken and they needed the whole day for repairing.
4.6:

4.7:

That´s all for today, You know, i´m slow but the next update will come. Only finishing four lots and then i can begin to build behind the industiral area to the south. Also i want to try the Appalachian terrain again, but i will not begin with seasonal stuff. I like summer, - could stay all time warm and nice in my little dream.
Greetz, Carl

RickD

Oh, wow. Awesome lotting. It already looks wonderful, despite the little texture issues. You say it is easy but it sounds like a lot of work to me.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nas-t

this is beautyfull  &apls &apls
i love the station... its very realistic. i just miss an overpass to the platform in the middle beside that its perfect! i want to see more - now  $%Grinno$%

@ daven: great buildings again &apls i'm a fan of your work. i hope you'll release those buildings soon, they would fit perfectly in my villages.

kelis

Amazing lotting my friend ! I like the textures and the building selection, Great job once again !!

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

jmyers2043

Quote from: carlfatal on July 08, 2012, 09:12:15 PM
.. some water pipe was broken and they needed the whole day for repairing ...

Greetings, Carl

I see some good lotting going on. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the captions.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

art128

Fantastic work, really well detailed. Your work with the stations is as always exceptional.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

threestooges

I'm surprised I haven't made it in here yet. Very nice work so far Carl, both the technical of the game, and the artistic in the way it's presented. Your station lots are very impressive; rarely do I see such a rail yard like that in the game. Are they functional in terms of traffic flow and all? Also, on a bit of a personal note, that building on the south end of your station lot in 4.1 (also the same one in 1.6), any thoughts or opinions you have on it? I've not made many things for the game yet, so there's always that little buzz when I see them used, and also the question of "How well does it really work?".
-Matt

north country dude

Thank You for pointing me to this, it's really quite cool. At first, I was curious how you got the residential lots to appear on angles, but now I see it on this page.

You are right, big industry would never work well here, but the RAM and Siding textures look pretty good with one caveat; the dusty brown rail textures don't seem to merge well with the cleaner looking RAM overlay textures. Perhaps I should look for the original Paint Shop files and see if I can do something about it(no guarantees though).
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

Framly

Fantastic work carl!

Your lotter-skills are amazing and complex.  &apls

Wish you much patience ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

kbieniu7

Sorry for no posting, but real life gave exams :D
I admire your work in LE. Such details, like road works and backyards, are stunnig, you do it great. Especially rails. Lotting stations and railyards gives more reality to them. Once I tried it, but I spotted, that I'm not good in playing with LE so much.  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

You have such a spectacular and unique style of building cities--awesome update  &apls &apls

rooker1

Top notch MD and well thought out LOTs make for an interesting read and that's why this MD will spend the next month in OSITM!!

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

Congratulations on being OSITM!

Looking forward to what you've got to show us!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

Fantastic scene in 4.7.  :thumbsup: I loved !  :) Congratulations to OSITM  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Congrats Carl!  &apls Now build something and show us, we are waiting :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Quote from: kbieniu7 on August 01, 2012, 11:36:25 AM
Congrats Carl!  &apls Now build something and show us, we are waiting :D

Me too! Can't wait to see what you have for us in August  :thumbsup:  Congratulations  &apls

weixc812

The railway system is quite lovely  :thumbsup:
It fits well in your city
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

DaveN

Congratulation Carl.
Great job in LE you are doing.
Keep it up.

Best regards
- Dave

carlfatal

Hi there,
i´m late but there is a reason for this...  &mmm

Replies:
@RickD,
Hi Raphael, thanks for Your comment. The longest part of building my lots is to puzzle all the buildings together in a way it looks believable. After this and all the textures are found it´s easy to build. I need no bulldozer or something.

@nas-t,
thanks, and yes, the overpass was missing as the lot wasn´t finished on the picture. It was the first try to look if everything would be quite cool. Now i changed it, but in an old fashioned way.

@kelis,
thanks a lot, i´ve tried my best. The selection is easy in a way since i have Daves BATs.

@jmyers2043,
Hi Jim and thanks for the comment. As You can see there are a lots of Your BATs in the pictures, some of Your buildings are very useful for European settings too, and the little stuff is good for a lot of scenes...

@art128,
Hi Arthur, thanks and yes: the stations should look as realistic as possible, so i use NCDs textures pack 2, a little forgotten jewel. There aren´t enough textures for every situation but they look very nice although.

@threestooges,
Hi Matt and welcome,
thanks for the nice comment, and also thanks for the nice BATs You´ve made and i use. The (we say:) Landwirtschaftsgenossenschaftslagerhaus is some really good looking one in a European neighborhood, the only SC4-building of this size and a really nice BAT, so i will use it very often, The same i have to say about the 3RR-poles along the railway. I use them as electrical poles and i´ve made props from them to use them on lots as You can see on the station lot. There are a lot of poles out to download but i prefer the old fashioned ones here as nothing else matches the scenery as well as these.

@north country dude,
thanks for Your visit and the nice comment,
I really like to build with YOur second textures set, it looks so awesome realistic. And yes, the overlays and the basetextures look a little bit different but it is the best stuff i´ve ever found. So i would appreciate more of this but this is no need for me, i like it as it is too.

@Framly,
thanks, my friend! And Yes: patience is needed...

@kbieniu7,
thank You, and hey, there is no need to apologize. RL is much more important than anything else!

@noahclem,
thanks!

@rooker,
thanks for the OSITM, thanks for te nice comment.

@Vortext,
thank You too!

@Dantes,
thanks, my friend. It´s the SFBW scene with shadows...

@kbieniu7 (2),
thanks my friend, but everything is crashed now. I have to look why it doesn´t work anymore.

@noahclem (2),
a second thank You! But the only thing i can say now is: i hope i don´t have lost everything here...

@weixc812,
thank You!

@DaveN,
thank You too. I hope everybody could see the beauty of Your BATs in this village.

First a big thank You to the staff to choose my little MD for the OSITM. I wanted to show pictures but the last two weeks there was no "playing" SimCity anymore. On my big mashine i have this graphical issues as i said in my last update, base textures disappear and lots don´t want to show up. It´s a win7 system, and i have really no clue what happened here.
I´ve tried to solve this first, as only on this machine i can make pictures. But it did not work, everything i´ve tried made it more worse, now the textures of Kirchberg are invisible too.  ()sad()
So i´ve tried to do the next steps on my netbook but here my game doesn´t work anymore. Everytime i try to start the tile of the region i´m working on, it ends with a CTD. Strange: it works in a region i have only for trying new lots (so it is not an issue produced by my work), and it works in a region where i play a serious SimCity game. But not in Waldey...  :angrymore:
So now i only can say sorry - not one new picture, only a handful of bigger problems i don´t understand. I´m working on it, i hope i can solve it but i´m not sure how long i need for this.
Please don´t comment a real nothing, i will try to show an update as early as possible. Till then i wish You all the best.
Greetz, Carl