• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

6x6 lots never develop

Started by justinrpg, May 31, 2011, 07:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I have quite a few growable residential 6x6 lots (most downloaded and a few I created) no matter how big my city gets I never have a 6x6 lot... I have plenty of room for 6x6 lots, but I never had any of them develop, most of my zones I lay a little at a time to prevent the zones to be layed in a grid making a long line of zones by laying 3 by X and another 3 by X between two roads basically I'll have a 6 by a very high number say something like 6x50 so my zones layout looks like a long rectangle rather than a grid because I discovered that I can get a higher population that way by making sure the roads are only where the zone arrow is... if I allow the game to place a grid as it does if i lay a large zone area i can't achieve as big of a city due to useless roads, but i still use the grid method every now and then anyway the biggest lot I EVER was successful at developing is a 6x3 (which usually is a high wealth mansion) but never anything bigger EVER develops I know 6x6 is the biggest lot size lot editor will allow for a growable lot, but none won't ever develop in my city, is there something i can do to correct this? am i doing something wrong? or is there a bug needing dealing with?

jmyers2043

@ Justin

Quote from: justinrpg on May 31, 2011, 07:27:08 PM
I have quite a few growable residential 6x6 lots (most downloaded and a few I created) no matter how big my city gets I never have a 6x6 lot...

is there something i can do to correct this? am i doing something wrong? or is there a bug needing dealing with?

I don't see those things either. Maybe a 3X6 is the biggest I'll ever see. My cities would rather grow a tall residentail rather than a sprawling one.

You can always use the <cntrl> key when zoning residential areas. I don't use it myself but I think that's the key that creates odd sized zones.

No - you're not doing anything wrong.

Nope.  - no bug that I'm aware of.

-Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

FrankU

I have indeed some 6x6 lots in my plugins. As far as I know these only grow when I zone 6x6 with the control-key. Then the lots grow, but I have never tried without. I just didn't want to wait that long.