• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ural Valley

Started by bob56, March 08, 2009, 02:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Poll for now...

coming
soon!

Pat

Hey Bob I hope all is well and I am sorry havent been able to make it in here on time....  I do have to say your doing a darn good job here!!!! I voted for building up the city first IMHO...

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sciurus

Quote from: bob56 on March 18, 2009, 02:23:26 PM
@Sciurus: Thanks, and No, I have a PC with XP.

Ok, thanks, and how did you have the STR? ()what()
And, nice city ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bob56

Replies

@ Pat: thanks, voting is close, I could use some more votes...

@Sciurus: I downloaded the STR from the LEX. Heres the windows link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1996

Mac Link...http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1997

Update Seven

Sorry for the delay, but here we go!!!

Based on the poll results for the last poll, you voted to create a rail network for Utaktria.

Here is Utaktriak Station, the hub of the cities rail...

7-1

Here's a wider view, you can see the traffic it's recieving...

7-2

The rail splitting off to the east re-connects...

7-3

Now you can see the recently-expanded airport, along with the elevated overpass and the airport station...

7-4

Here is the end, the station near the lower east sector of the city...

7-5

That's all for now!!! Next update should have frames! Please Vote and comment!

BOb
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Swesim

Quote from: bob56 on March 11, 2009, 03:07:38 PM

@Pat I would love to add borders. Does anyone know of a free program to use...I don't have photoshop and can't affford it..
Chapter One, Update Three[/size][/center]
I could suggest GIMP if you´re after something like Photoshop (a bit simpler than PS, but does the job).
If You want to do it the easy way like I do, use a photosharing site like Photobucket, they usually have such features available once You have uploaded your pics.

As for your MD I like the looks of it so far and what You have done with the various transit networks.
It is always nice to see an MD with a story in it, that helps to keep the interest up.

Sciurus

It's nice, but the link from the STR is for the MAC install &mmm

L'atelier d'architecture

bob56

@Swesim: I didn't realize photobucket had one...

@Sciurus: The link is for windows, when it was uploaded they put the wrong word in...It should work
You can call me Grif

Sciurus

Yes, thanks for the link, and I tried yesterday, nothing to say ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

Nexis4Jersey

Fantastic Update &apls , although that Elevated rail viaduct would make me nervous flying in  :-[

bob56

Replies

@Sciurus: Good it works, i sure love it, and apparently others do to (it won in the poll)

@Nexis4Jersey: Thanks, I wanted something to go over the T-RAM, but I might shorten the tall part...

UPDATE EIGHT

'You asked for it!!!'

As I checked the poll results and locked to set up a new one, I noticed STR had the most votes. (sorry Pat, I try to be democratic ;)

So I created a new town with mucho STR. Here's the overview of South Farmstead...

8-1

btw I now have frames!!! I just got the program, I will mess with it.

The city includes two bridges...

8-2

and a very nice Station...

8-3

To the South is the main residential area. To the north is an industrial sector...

8-4

And that's YOUR STR city.

Also, as I took pictures, I noticed two trains that were both stopped, as if they were nice enough to wait for the other.

8-5

This looks nice, but I had a different problem with the train producing lots (I love using them for my pics)

So.....

WHEN TRAIN PRODUCING LOTS GO BAD!!!!!!!

This...

8-6

and...

8-7

I'd hate to be one of those passengers...kind of resembles 4th spatial dimension (multiple objects of the same object lined up and connected by the corners &Thk/()

That's all for now!!! As always, please comment and vote, as the polls decide the updates!!!

Edit: I tried fixing the pics, but it doesn't work. If someone knows how to resolve this, please leave a comment!! Thanks! :)
You can call me Grif

Sciurus

Very nice little city, I really like this :thumbsup:
But it's damage this accident (among?) two trains :'( I hope there's not to much death :)

L'atelier d'architecture

bob56

@Sciurus: Thanks, first off, how do the trains seemingly go through each other? lol

Update Nine!!!

sorry for the delay, This should pick up speed shortly. Also, bear with me as I try different formats, criticism is appreciated!

I decided to ditch the frames, as they were a space issue. Additionally, I can't figure out how to remove the poll, so I guess you'll have to keep voting!

Now....

WELCOME TO UVC NEWS, WHERE WE TELL THE STORIES BETTER THAN THE OTHER STATIONS!!!!

The following newscast is provided by our gracious sponsor, IKEA Corp. "From Flarke to Detolf to Billy, our products will make your home a better place. IKEA."

9-1

First off on today, MAY 27th, we follow a fire at the UrOil Pipeline. The pipeline at the east industrrial district burst into flames when a piece of debris sparked the metal casing. We have fire and news crews on the scene.

9-2

The new interchange between the Monroe XWY and BWY 202 has opened, completing the new byway between the city and the east district of Ural City.

9-3
9-4

Thank you for watching UVC news, now here's a last look at the forecast...

It seems like it will be a spectacular evening. We leave you with two shots, one of the Little Lake Light, the only lighthouse on a body of water less than 100 yards, and a picture of a train speeding across tracks intersecting HWY 2. Thanks for watching, and good night.

9-5
9-6
That's all for this update! Thanks for stopping by. Please comment and critique!!
You can call me Grif

evertonforever1

Hi,  Cool MD mate. 

Im currently gearing up for my own MD and just had two questions.

What is the big building on the right of pic 1-2-3?
And,
How the single rail lines?

P.s.  The people living around the light house must be pretty peaved at is location!  hehe

bob56

glad you like it!

answers:
1. it's Jestarrs' Wisconsin Gas Building, available at : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=457

2. They are awesome! It's great how much cooler this makes a city. It's easy to use, and works perfectly@

Let me know if you have any other ?'s
You can call me Grif

evertonforever1

Quote from: bob56 on May 28, 2009, 06:13:08 PM
glad you like it!

answers:
1. it's Jestarrs' Wisconsin Gas Building, available at : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=457

2. They are awesome! It's great how much cooler this makes a city. It's easy to use, and works perfectly@

Let me know if you have any other ?'s

Thanks alot.

But Where do i find the single rail lines?

Pat

bob looking great here and love the train producing lot lol  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bob56

@Pat: Thanks!

@evertonforever1: STR is found here: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1996 .Make sure you re-install NAM essentials after installation. Hope you like STR as much as I do! btw the file says mac but thats a mistake, its PC
You can call me Grif

praiodan

Jesus. If Nardo saw the last picture of this update, with all the crossings, he'd rip off your head immidiatly, without a sign of warning  :D

Apart from that, some real nice pictures there... But really... Be careful and hope that Nardo won't see that picture.  $%Grinno$%

bob56

I have one freight and one passenger line. However, when I took this I was having difficulty seperating them, so I drew those just to be safe. :) Now That I have viaduct intersections,(see 2-4-4) those have since been deleted. :D
You can call me Grif

bob56

@ praiodan: sorry, i forgot one. I'll staple a sticky-note to my forehead to remind me next update! :D

UPDATE TEN!!!

I have decided to stick with the news-style updates, so I can showcase developments in multiple cities in te same update, so there will be no more decimals (3-2, 3-3)

We begin with the grand opening of the CanalMall in Ural City. THis shopping center resort includes an outdoor center with underground parking. The cost to get in is $2 a person.

10-1

It looks wonderfully lit up at night. This multi-million center is expected to bring hundreds of thousands of tax revenue to the city.

10-2

Over in Utaktria, a railroad bridge was connected, allowing freight to be exchanged on a different note, please vote on how to connect passenger transit between the two cities
10-3
The land mass between the bridges is expected to be turned into a seaport in the coming years.

building developments:
The airport area of Utaktria is getting more residential development, and sound walls and a park area have bordered the plane entry points of the airport.

10-4

Also, the skyline of South Utaktria is rising...

10-5

Now for weather, we check out the beautiful sunny satellite view of Utaktria. Check this out.

Thanks for watching UVC news!!!!

please comment and vote!!! Thanks for visiting! I'm expecting more updates soon since school is over for the summer! Bye!!
You can call me Grif

rooker1

Fantastic work here, I really love the pictures.  But you should really resize your earlier pictures to no wider than 1024, please. 

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.