• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Riverton was a nice city. Hope to see a new city without prop pox.

sunv123

Teaser

What time is it? It sure is bright out........

Replies will be in the next update. So stay tuned!

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

art128

Nice teaser picture! The downtown looks well made.

Looking forward to the full update.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Nice teaser pic and highways  &apls  Have you considered using SimFox's Dark Night Mod?

sunv123

Yes I have, but since I was way too quick before, It would be way too much to re-install all of them to Darknite, but i can try.

Do you know of any effect if darknite is combined with maxis night BATs? Any info would help a lot.

EDIT: No effect to the BATs i have tested. Okay for the ones sofar........

noahclem

Switching to Dark Night can be a hassle but it really depends on what buildings you have installed. Most buildings will work right in both. Certain newer ones created with more advanced BATting and lighting tools are specific to Maxis Night (MN) or Dark Night (DN) though and that's where the difficulty lies. Having a MN building model installed with a DN mod will result in a bright blue building sticking out like a sore thumb next to all the other DN compatible buildings. The good news is that of all the buildings in your last picture the only one I recognize as a MN-specific BAT is the Linda Swampy Medical Center just below the center of the picture  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Thanks for the info. Seems like the medical center does look a little different, but i think it looks okay. I think.

You'll be able to see it later today or tomorrow, so act fast! ;)

noahclem

If you just install the DN version of the med center instead it will fit in and look fantastic. The best way to enjoy DN is by using BATs with lighting specially designed for it. The incompatibility issue is directly tied to the more advanced lighting system. I'm no BAT expert, and in fact suffer from BAT-phobia, but I understand that using a non-GMAX tool and Truenight lighting is what causes the compatibility problem. Essentially all modern releases using those tools offer DN and MN renders though so if you decide to go with DN you won't have any problems as long as you download the DN versions in the future whenever there is an option.

sunv123

Downtown Kingston

I feel.... quiet today, so i will let the pictures tell the story. Am I losing my voice? Oh no.......

Downtown Facing North.

Facing West.

Facing South.

Facing East.

Some Close-ups.

I just love Girafe's BATs.

Construction on the new twin condominiums. For sale 2015! :P.

Toyota Center. Lat's of fun stuff going on in there. Too bad I can't go, I hate the job as mayor here. ()sad()

Day pics now, Toyota center is first. I am making myself mad.

Kingston Medical center. Best hospital in Northwestern Simnation.

Willy and Noah, I'll give you guys free apartments in these towers. Any body that wants them just say so. They're beautiful on the inside.

Absolute Universe One. You guys can have some in these as well if you want, balconies, windows.......

Dang it! It's dark again!

Let's go to the suburbs. See if there are any interesting things going on.

Some new apartment development.

The old tenements in the industrial area. Much of the old area is gone, most of the factories are shut down.

Industry, oh Industry.

At night.

I'll wrap this up by a little tour on the highway.

This interchange needs some major widening and redeveloping. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Driving to the replies.

Replies

Quote from: dedgren on December 26, 2012, 08:48:39 PM
Heh!  Great card!

The prop pox impacting your work is a real bummer.  Hopefully it will be just one of those random things and never hit you again.  Good luck!

David

Thanks David! Great to see you here! It sure is, have to re-do the whole thing again.

Quote from: metarvo on December 27, 2012, 05:47:42 AM
You're making me hungry!  Where I'm at, every town of any size has at least one Mexican restaurant, and normally more.  It's really too bad about the prop pox, though.  I hope you're able to build a new city that will be even better, although it will be hard since Riverton was very good.

The Christmas card looks good, Sunv123!  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps! :) I'll PM a taco if you're really hungry. I mean STARVING!

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 27, 2012, 07:08:15 AM
Sorry to hear this. Do you know how it happened? Anything specific you did that might have caused it?

Cheers
Willy
Don't know what really caused it, i was just plopping some stuff around and zoning. When i checked on it a later, half of the downtown was just pavement, as in ped-mall like stuff. Then the residential started having blank lots. Never went back into Riverton after that. I had to place it somewhere far away, so now the region view looks a little strange.

Quote from: Kergelen on December 27, 2012, 07:21:34 AM
Oh no, prop pox :thumbsdown:
I never get it but I regularly make backups because I'm afraid of it.

Like the interchange on the previous update :thumbsup:
That's a smart Idea, but i am just too lazy to do it. :P I'm glad you liked it!

Quote from: nbvc on December 27, 2012, 08:19:03 AM
Riverton was a nice city. Hope to see a new city without prop pox.
I'm glad that you liked it! You'll be seeing the largest city in the region so far in the next few updates with a few trips to the farms.

Quote from: art128 on December 30, 2012, 10:05:47 AM
Nice teaser picture! The downtown looks well made.

Looking forward to the full update.
Thanks, Arthur!

Quote from: noahclem on December 30, 2012, 11:31:22 AM
Nice teaser pic and highways  &apls  Have you considered using SimFox's Dark Night Mod?
Thanks Noah!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments are highly Appreciated, They give me the strength to run this. Say whatever you want about my city. Criticism and pinpoint opinions are welcome.

Kergelen

Great night views and interchanges.

Well, you can use the Region Viewer to easily make compressed backups. ;)

Links to SC4 websites

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Swordmaster

I think it would be dangerous to my health if Noah and I lived so close to each other. . .  but very good for the beer industry.  ;D

Good scenes here. I particularly enjoyed the construction lots in between the highrises. And your transit networks are quite interesting, although I'd get lost in the maze. Apart from the freeways you don't seem to have a lot of through roads/arterials.

Wouldn't want to live in that pit, though (penultimate picture). . .

Cheers
Willy

PS: On the pox: just be sure you've removed whatever it was that caused the problems from your plugins. Don't want to have that happening again. . .

rooker1

WOW...love the city night lights and all the work on the RHW!!
Fantastic!!
Happy New Year!
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

I look forward to getting settled in my new home!

QuoteI think it would be dangerous to my health if Noah and I lived so close to each other. . .  but very good for the beer industry.  ;D

Haha, could be   ()flamdev()

Awesome work on these pictures--a night and day difference so to speak  :D  I see there are a few Maxis Night models still there but they look just fine. As for the interchange let me give that some thought. There doesn't seem to be a lot of space so some creativity may be required. I would suggest Rivit's tunnel mod from the STEX anyway.

jmyers2043

Great night shots (facing north, facing west) ... I hope my next business district looks as good.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vortext

What a nice CBD you've got, the nightshots are splendid!! That one construction pic at night is just amazing!  &apls
And of course the suburbs and industrial areas are great too!

I'll echo Willy, be sure you've removed the pox inducing files, would be a shame if this city goes to waste. And make it a habit to backup frequently!

Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

Wow, fantastic night shots  :o Great night atmosphere  :thumbsup:

sunv123

St. Garris Islands: The Lighthouse

9 miles off the coast of simnation sits the St. Garris Islands, named after the explorer of the Islands, William St. Garris. He was born in Robinsim, a large city at the time and one of the largest financial centers of the 20th century, 10 years after he had died. When William was a child, he didn't like school at all. He would fake sick and do anything to get out of school. But in High School, he learned about exploration and that had fot the best of him. He wanted to explore. His grades in science and math had skyrocketed after that. After only 12 years from the time he graduated college, he went on to explore that unexplored islands. He saw that there was a marsh there, filled with bird nests. It was an important breeding ground for all types of birds. The tall grass kept them safe and the abundant plant life kept them full.

But birds weren't the only ones there, in the early 19th century, there had been rumors of a small town on the same island but in 1854, they say that a tsunami or some natural disaster had wiped everything away. They say that the Island was way bigger in size and connected to it's nearby sister island. It was almost all wiped out and now there are two islands instead of the one. Fishermen that have been near the islands tell us that some nights, spirits on the dead rise up at night and ask the sky for a new life, but he never answers. I don't think that showing you ghosts is a good idea.

Nearby is the St. Garris Lighthouse, built by William in 1865. The only way to get on is by docking at Hamling Island and making your way to the lighthouse by boat and foot through the marsh.

Close-up

At Night

Close-up

This is the area that we visited in this update.

Sorry if this was a little small, I have spent so much time on getting Industrials and the only plentiful time I have is on weekends and today is Sunday......
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Replies

Quote from: Kergelen on January 01, 2013, 07:54:53 AM
Great night views and interchanges.

Well, you can use the Region Viewer to easily make compressed backups. ;)
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :) I have tried it out!

Quote from: Schulmanator on January 01, 2013, 10:49:12 AM
Great pix! Very nice work.  &apls
Thank you, Bruce! :)

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 01, 2013, 01:49:35 PM
I think it would be dangerous to my health if Noah and I lived so close to each other. . .  but very good for the beer industry.  ;D

Good scenes here. I particularly enjoyed the construction lots in between the highrises. And your transit networks are quite interesting, although I'd get lost in the maze. Apart from the freeways you don't seem to have a lot of through roads/arterials.

Wouldn't want to live in that pit, though (penultimate picture). . .

Cheers
Willy

PS: On the pox: just be sure you've removed whatever it was that caused the problems from your plugins. Don't want to have that happening again. . .

I've done everything you said, so It probably won't happen again. ()stsfd() It's really not that difficult, look at LA's or NYC's Highway systems and it makes all of this look like a plain old cloverleaf. :P Are you sure that you wouldn't want to be near Noah? It'll be fun....  :D

Quote from: rooker1 on January 02, 2013, 11:22:21 AM
WOW...love the city night lights and all the work on the RHW!!
Fantastic!!
Happy New Year!
Robin :thumbsup:
Thank You so much, Robin! you are a big role model for all MDers out there! It's always great to see you in our own MDs. :sunny: Happy new year to you too!

Quote from: noahclem on January 04, 2013, 05:48:56 AM
I look forward to getting settled in my new home!

QuoteI think it would be dangerous to my health if Noah and I lived so close to each other. . .  but very good for the beer industry.  ;D

Haha, could be   ()flamdev()

Awesome work on these pictures--a night and day difference so to speak  :D  I see there are a few Maxis Night models still there but they look just fine. As for the interchange let me give that some thought. There doesn't seem to be a lot of space so some creativity may be required. I would suggest Rivit's tunnel mod from the STEX anyway.
Thanks for commenting! Are you sure you don't wannna? :D I have gotten Rivit's tunnel mod and Blahdy's Big Dig, so I guess I'm ready to go, still need some extra thinking though. ;)

Quote from: jmyers2043 on January 04, 2013, 08:23:41 AM
Great night shots (facing north, facing west) ... I hope my next business district looks as good.

- Jim

Thanks Jim! I hope yours looks just as good as mine! ;D

Thanks so much! :) I'm starting to do back-ups, but not a frequent habit.... yet.

Quote from: Dantes on January 05, 2013, 04:48:10 AM
Wow, fantastic night shots  :o Great night atmosphere  :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since it seems like Riverton has gotten a lot more popular, why don't I let you decide what one of the update is going to be about? about? Tell me which one You vote for.  "$Deal"$VOTING ENDS JAN 12 "$Deal"$
A. Trip to the countryside. &idea
B. Trip to the historic Robinsim &idea
C. Tour across my RHW network &idea
D. Behind the scenes &idea
E. Hamling Island and Surrounding Areas &idea
F. Watch me Mess around with my cities! (As in natural disasters, funding elimination, etc.) &idea

:-\You Decide!:-\
&blushDon't Be Shy!&blush

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.