• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan79

Hi Mas71,

again, I'm sorry to say, some of your lots makes trouble with my SSPTool and the DAMN Creator.
As in my post from 23.09.09 the JapanRiverProject (checked the CoreLotPack) have also the UserVisibleNameKey with a string and not the TGI.
I will soon upload a new version of my SSPTool which have a workaround for this problem, but it would be nice, if you correct your package.

However, if you have problems using DAMN, check the the forum: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2917.0
Maybe you will get help and DAMN will be working for your SimCity 4.

Regards,
Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

MAS71

@Stefan79
Hello Stefan79  :)
Oh my,,,, :-[ Please do not worry and don't say SORRY, I have to say SORRY to you and all. ;D
Ok, I'll try to remake them (All JRP Lots), Please wait for few days. ;)

and
Thank you for your advice and links to a SSPTool-thread as well. :)
Yes, I'd read a thread and tried to some method which answers wrote in then.
and I got some reports and advices from other Japanese users too whom worked it right,
but I could not solved it. &mmm

well, I'll read again a thread and try to use again a DAMN later.

Thank you again Stefan79.
-Mas'71

dragonshardz

Quick note, Mas-san; JRP problem is also in Add On packs one and two.

MAS71

Hello again Stefan79, Dragonshardz and All:)
I finished to update (ReUploaded) all of my JRP-SC4Lots. ;)

- JRP Core Lot Pack -(LEX)

- JRP Addon Lot Pack 01 -(LEX)

- JRP AddonLotPack 2-(LEX)

I recomend to you get this zip that included only latest SC4Lot-files in a ZIP for users whom already have my JRP.
Corrected SC4Lot-files --> go to Download Page(Link)
(Click "up0069.zip" to start download zip.)

Please get latest SC4Lot-files and overwrite them to existing old files in your Plugins.  "$Deal"$
Of course, You don't need to re-plop them in your cities.

Thank you  :)
-Mas'71

#####  Edited #####
Thank you Stefan79, I correceted zip's number 67 -> 69. ;D

westamastaflash

Savager

Hi Mas-さん

Thank you for your reply and recommendations for download, I must say those turning avenues look great!

I can't wait to download your other works and try them out, especially your parks and rivers that are very 日本っぽい。

I have one last noob question, I've been searching for a tool to manage my plug-ins, because I can't read some Japanese names for some lots in my game. For example, I cant remember which is 高校 and which is 小学校 while in the game. I've tried the official plug-in manager I can't get around it. お勧め名プログラムを知っていたら教えてください!

Meanwhile I'll go do try out your lots. Thanks so much.

MAS71

Sorry to late replies, friends. ;D

@Westamastaflash
Thanks a lot !  :)
I'm gald to you like my river, and I wish to you would use them a good in your cities, too. ;)

@Savager
Hi again Savager  :)
I can't have well times to create something reccenty, $%Grinno$%
but Please wait for a day when I can report about my new works. ;D
and
Sorry :-[, Unfortunetaly, I don't know a management-tool which specialized in japanese. :-[

by the way,
Do you already use a PIM-X(SC4 PIM) ?
It's really great tool for Lot-managements as well. :)

Thank you
-Mas'71

basaghari

Hi MAS71,

I just downloaded your works and I've got to say I really enjoy playing with them :)
Thanks for your effort & hard work. Keep it up

thanks,
basaghari

kuipe165

Hi Mas'71 !

I have to say I really love your walls and all other work you have made ! One thing though, might be me, but is there a way to plop your walls faster without selecting a wall after I plopped one ? Might be that I did something wrong though.

EDIT: I figured it out  ;) Next time I should read your explanation a bit better  &mmm !

Hi Mas71,
I have a question about your Walls Pack Vol2.
I have been using your original wall pack (from the STEX). With that pack, I have 5 sets of textures (I chose the all designs version), which are called JPN-Walls 01-05 by the readme from Walls Pack Vol2.
I wanted to use some of the new textures (called Texture 01-05 in the Walls Pack Vol2 Readme). The readme says that you can only use one set of walls at a time, however I currently have the existing five sets from the all version pack.
I would prefer to use all ten textures for my cities. Is there any way to do this? If not, how can I replace some of the original five textures with the new ones?

MAS71

@50210
Hello, and thank you for download my works.  ;)
Yes, I understand very well about your question(request).  ;D

Ver.1(on STEX) could surely used all of textures at a time(in a city).
However,
Texture which we can use in a SC4 is not infinity, so we have some problem of textures with other works sometime.... &mmm

Ver.2(on LEX) was made by one of texture's IID, I made them so intentionally.
so you can use only one texture(wall's color)at a time(in a city) on Ver.2.
and this is my reply to request as same you....

Quote from: <Reply #189 on: May 15, 2008, 07:06:31 AM>
It's really big problem with my walls2.  I got same opinion from some friends too.  ;D
A making them, It is not impossible. however, I have some problem within.

1. Number of Base-Texture's IID.
I have worries about a duplicate Texture-IID with othre works.
I already had this misstake in my "JPN-Walls" with David san's good LOTs. &mmm

2. Too much of  LOTs.
18 kind of Base-Textures and 13 kind of LOTs........All of 234 LOTs !!  $%Grinno$%
I don't have my times enough for make them now. :P

A conclusion is,
You can use 5 kind of walls(with Ver.1) and 1 walls(with Ver.2) at a time(in a city). ;)

I'm sorry to made you confused with my works(and my not good English,too) :-[
Thank you for your understanding, and I wish to you keep enjoying with my works !!  :)

Thank you
-Mas'71

Thanks for the info, and for creating all these works.

cogeo

Maybe, it's time for... Version 3 of the walls!

Features:
- Make it possible to install all textures in the same city at the same time.
- This necessitates multiple lots (can't think of another way), so use of DAMN here is somehow "mandatory" (menu icons might be offered as an option, but most players should be expected to use the DAMN).
- The lots indeed differ only in the name and arrangement of props and textures. They are otherwise almost identical. So extensive use of Parent Cohorts could make development much easier.
- The lot/texture sets should be packaged in individual datfiles, and the installer should ask the player which ones to install.

How about this?

Gaston

Quote from: cogeo on April 19, 2010, 12:42:46 PM
Maybe, it's time for... Version 3 of the walls!

Features:
- Make it possible to install all textures in the same city at the same time.
- This necessitates multiple lots (can't think of another way), so use of DAMN here is somehow "mandatory" (menu icons might be offered as an option, but most players should be expected to use the DAMN).- The lots indeed differ only in the name and arrangement of props and textures. They are otherwise almost identical. So extensive use of Parent Cohorts could make development much easier.
- The lot/texture sets should be packaged in individual datfiles, and the installer should ask the player which ones to install.

How about this?

Hmmm.    Can't say I like or agree with the mandatory DAMN.    I still cannot get DAMN to work in my game.    I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong but I still don't know what that something is.    If someone could either simplify DAMN so I could get it working or make my brain understand what I am doing wrong, so I could get DAMN working I'd have no problem with it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

MAS71

@Cogeo
Exactly !  :thumbsup:
Thank you for your good opinions. ;)
I belive that these are good policy to next walls, me too.  ;)

However,
As Gaston san siad, Unfortunately, DAMN-tool could not work on my PC now. &mmm
I talked with other users(in japan) and they gave some advice and tried that,
but I could not yet solved a problem. &mmm
(DAMN's messages could display in message-window, but Icon could not display,,,nothing)
I wish to DAMN would be worked on all users, too. ;)

I don't yet have any plan to new walls-set(and others too),
I'll do the best with a way that you said, I want to make more better LOTs sometime. ;)
Please give me any opinions and good idea again when a time will come. ;)

Thank you
-Mas'71

Bartol

Hey MAS,
It possible to use in same time two or more textures from you wallpack? Maybe duplicate files work fine?

SC4BOY

Hello my friend

I updated your Mas71 Props Vol01 as it showed as "updated" in the downloads list.

I ran your cleanitol text file and did the backup. I was left with an old file "Mas71_JRP-PROPs Vol01_080623.dat" in the folder. Should this file stay in the folder or should I take it out?

I was also surprised to find a lot file  "MAS71_Props_Vol01_319ab950.SC4Lot" in the props pack. Is this correct?

MAS71

Hi there  :)
I'm sorry to late a reply.  :-[

@Bartol
Thanks for use my walls and your opinion, too. :)
Please read a reply that I wrote to '50210', THIS POST;)

@SC4BOY
Thanks to use my works always friend. ;)

A file 'Mas71_JRP-PROPs Vol01_080623.dat' is unrelated with this update. ;)
It should be stayed in your plugins-folder when you use my JRP(Japan River Propject) Lots in your cities.
(Plese remove it if you NOT using my JRP Lots in your cities.)
and
about a 'MAS71_Props_Vol01_319ab950.SC4Lot',
This Lot-file is a Test-Lot for users whom will try to make Lot wiht my PROPs for understand and confirm what PROPs included well and quickly,
This file is unnecessary basically. so please remove it if you needed. ;)

I'm sorry to confused you SC4BOY san and All:-[
Thank you  :)

Bartol

Quote from: MAS71 on June 20, 2010, 11:50:18 PM

@Bartol
Thanks for use my walls and your opinion, too. :)
Please read a reply that I wrote to '50210', THIS POST;)

Yes in JPN wall set work two or more textures but i use Walls Pack 2 and Texture's Addon Pack 1. I wish use residental and NOB brick wall same time but duplicate files in plugins folder take no effect. :/

editfish

@MAS71 - I absolutely love your Walls Set and use them all the time.

Quote from: MAS71 on April 20, 2010, 10:52:56 AM
As Gaston san siad, Unfortunately, DAMN-tool could not work on my PC now. &mmm
I talked with other users(in japan) and they gave some advice and tried that,
but I could not yet solved a problem. &mmm
(DAMN's messages could display in message-window, but Icon could not display,,,nothing)
I wish to DAMN would be worked on all users, too. ;)

If I understand you correctly, the DAMN message (link) appears in your news or advisors window, but is empty (blank) when you open it?

There was a recent discussion on the DAMN thread (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6818.0) about this, and I believe they identified that issue as being a conflict with BATS/LOTS that contained non-english characters (such as hiragana).  There was an update or patch released that was supposed to correct this problem.

Editfish