• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Jmouse on October 16, 2007, 11:52:50 AM
How about T-shirts or mouse pads?

J-m

HIya Joan i couldnt agree with you more... I think a t-shirts would also be great and a mouse pad as well... Lemme tell ya's me mousie pad has seen a better century lol.. Anyways its great to see you here my faithful supporter...

Quote from: thundercrack83 on October 16, 2007, 12:23:48 PM
I've come to realize that, no matter how long you toil on a map, you'll always find something to tweak! And don't worry about the Table of Contents, either--keep plugging away at it!

Hey Dustin thank you for the support... I do swear i will get that TOC done if it kills me lol.... I sure will keep on going thank you my friend for coming on down....

Quote from: tkirch on October 16, 2007, 07:39:15 PM
Thundercrack Hydrodam is awesome.  The painstaking detail is great.  The patience it takes for something like that.

It makes me think this game is not for people ADD, you need patience.  I fail miserably at waterfalls but hopefully watching you will make me better.

WoW thank you Tkirch that does mean alot to me and i truly thank you for that great comment... Im certain you will find that nack to get a waterfall looking great  :thumbsup:

But i do disagree with what you said about people with ADD lol... It has an effect where if something intrigues a person w/ADD it make that person loose all track of time...  Also be pulled more into it, sorta unhealthy like at times... Im living proof of it lol... When i set my mind to something I tend to be up alll night working on it like in this next Update here we go with it....  so without further ado -------------- ENjOy y'all!!!!

Here we are gonna take a look at Farmington's Twin lake

~~~~~~~ WOW i paged flipped myself to page 20 woohoo - pat ~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhhh Heck Update Number One gotta have a hotlink for it lol......

Update Number Two.....

Update Number Three......

Update Number Fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Mini Update Number One... The first teaser the worst at the most of it....

Mini Update Number Two.... Gezzs I am mean lol

Update Number Five with Replies to wonderful Comments........

Mini Update Number ummm Yea Three........

UPdate NUMber what now i think im at SIX wow....

UPDATE NUMBER SEVEN BIIIIIIIIIIIIG ONE AT THAT sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet......

Skinny Mini UPDATE number FOUR

FLooding of an UPDATE Number Eight.... Yea i said FLooD

UPdate NUMBER Nine with addded bonus of comments to this update niiiiiice.............

UPdate number 10.... Chippewa Lake and Chippewa Creek's spillway

UPDate NUMBER 11.... Attempted Tuturial on a waterfall... lol yea me do one of those lol... Part ONE

Thanks to Emilin.... UPDATE 12 with a better waterfall.... Part TWO of tuturial

Mini UPDate Number 5

My Month in the SPOT LIGHT wow.... "pat, congrats!  Nature masters are made, not born... 05/07"

mini update number 6

UPDATE NUMBER 13.....  Lady Lake reborn.

update number 14.... page 8 niiiiiiice

Update 15... Filling in Lady Lake

Mini Annoucement with Replies

Update # 16 Building Of Lake Placid.... BAD PUN ALERT!!!!

Update # 17 Lake Placid Completed... Needing feedback on this!!!

Newspaper Edition Update # 18 with also teaser.....

A wierd Question about these thingies? ? ? ?? ?

Not The RIMP teaser Alert.... Update # 19

Not The RIMP Teaser # 2______Update # 20

Not The RIMP Teaser # 3______Update # 21

Not The RIMP Movie_______Update # 22

Waterfalls Resumes with Attempted Mosaic______Update # 23

Update # 24____Stats and Teaser......

Update # 25______Waterfalls and other Points of Intrest......

Waterfalls is going CAMified_____Update # 26

Thanking a Special Friend for the Bump to CLassic....

Part of Tribute To Ryan aka Filasimo........ Update # 27

Announcement about Waterfalls and CAM EEEEEEEK...........

Replies to concerns about Waterfalls.......................

Waterfalls Update with Teaser_______Update # 28

Update # 29______Waterfalls.... Making you guess what the next update is gonna be???

Waterfalls Winner Announced and Update Tribute to Dustin___________Update # 30

Part 2 of Tribute to Dustin______________Update # 31

Part 2_A of Dustins Tribute________________Update # 32

Waterfalls With 100% pure beef to chew on_________Update # 33

Waterfalls with a Special Thanks to All....................

Waterfalls introduces Thundercrack Falls____________Update # 34

Waterfalls Replies To Comments by the viewers for the viewers...........

Replies to comments and I became the 3rd Guru Of Devotions.......

Minor Update with Teaser attached lol__________Update # 35

Replies to comments and a RL pic of me and my truck...........

Region View Courtesy of SUM aka Start UP Manager_______UPdate # 36

Replied to your Comments................

Farmington Heights Twin Lakes featuring TPW_______________Update # 37... Page 20 TOC

Farmington Creek part 1________Update # 38

Farmington Creek part 2___________Update # 39

Update Number 40 is on the books

Special TuT on how to get the right Creek_______Update # 41

A special update to the Vets__________Update # 42

UpDate # 43

UpDate # 44 Teaser

UpDate # 44 MIS and RHW

UpDate # 45

UpDate 46 Christmas Special UPDATE..........

UpDate # 47 special not special UpDate.......

UpDate # 48 special Lowes... Page 25 TOC

Update # 49 RHW & MIS special

Update 49 River Devolpement...

Update 50 the Completed River!!!

Replies to update 50

Extra Replies and a Teaser

Update 51 the update that failed

Replies to your comments from update 51

Update 52 Special Tribute to you all part One!!!

Update 53 Special Tribute to you all part Two!!!

Update 54 Special Tribute to you all part Three!!!

Special Quick Note to all!!!!!

Update 55 Something Different from me!!!

Update 56 Still Something Different from me!!!

Update 57 Yet still again something Different from me lol!!!

Update 58 Something Screwwie Here Boss!!!

Update 59 Teaser here Boss!!!

Update 60 More Devolpement of the Area!!!!

Replies to your Comments and Update Later Tonight!!!!

Update 61 One heckofa drop weeeehoooo!!!! page 32 TOC

OK that is the TOC to current Update # 61.... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Hey there, Pat, glad to see you back in the land of fantasy. I trust you WILL do a tutorial on the "patfirefghtr method of water plopping!" (If you didn't take photos of the process, you're fired! :D

Until next time...
Joan

Palpatine001

Hey Pat one word mate

AWESOME MAN

Oh that was two words lol

Keep the great work here and I might event think about bringing my Slide Show to SC4D
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI do swear i will get that TOC done if it kills me

Be careful of what you wish for... :P

I like how the lake's turned out. Seems you're really making good use of jeronij's new ploppable water.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tooheys

Looking good Pat, like the road between the lakes, nicely done.  :thumbsup:

The surrounding area looks good too, not a "Twister" area I hope (and flying cows  $%Grinno$%)

Cheers

Dave 

bat

That is a great looking lake there, pat! Wonderful new work! :thumbsup:

capo

That is some great water plopping I see there, the pond and the road curving besides it reminds me of so many places I've seen in real life. Every city should have several of these ponds to keep the people happy and relaxed.

I do have a small question: what plant/bush did you use on the edges of the smallest of the two ponds? Is it one of JRJ's?

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Pat

Quote from: Jmouse on November 01, 2007, 11:16:41 PM
Hey there, Pat, glad to see you back in the land of fantasy. I trust you WILL do a tutorial on the "patfirefghtr method of water plopping!" (If you didn't take photos of the process, you're fired! :D

Until next time...
Joan

Joan you ask me no questions, I tell you no answers.... Or is that something else about Lies lol.... Thank you though, I thought for a while i lost my muse on Waterfalls.... Cause with other things I've been upto as of Lately i had no energy or thoughts for something well hopefully this brings me outta that Low... You know what i just might show off anther step by step process of " Pat's Method to TPW " that might not be a bad idea..... Thank you so much for coming in Joan and I hope you stop back in soon.....

Quote from: Palpatine001 on November 01, 2007, 11:27:40 PM
Hey Pat one word mate

AWESOME MAN

Oh that was two words lol

Keep the great work here and I might event think about bringing my Slide Show to SC4D

Palp my favorite Emperor welcome to Waterfalls @ Devo and its great to see you here and darn my luck i cant edit your post to make it correct to being a 2 word statement.... Palp will see you soon right??? Thank You sooo very much for the compliments... I think you should bring it over here......

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 01, 2007, 11:37:19 PM
Be careful of what you wish for... :P

I like how the lake's turned out. Seems you're really making good use of jeronij's new Ploppable water.

Hey SA thank you for coming and your encouragement made me finish the TOC to this Update and thank you so very much for the compliments... Hope to see you soon.....

Quote from: tooheys on November 02, 2007, 12:10:48 AM
Looking good Pat, like the road between the lakes, nicely done.  :thumbsup:

The surrounding area looks good too, not a "Twister" area I hope (and flying cows  $%Grinno$%)

Cheers

Dave

Thank you Dave that curve took me several tries to get right.... Nope the area is Twister Free lol... Thank God... Dave thank you as well for your support here and see you next update!!!

Quote from: bat on November 02, 2007, 02:50:11 AM
That is a great looking lake there, pat! Wonderful new work! :thumbsup:

Bat thank you for coming and your wonderful compliments and catch you as you fly by again.........

Quote from: capo on November 02, 2007, 03:31:55 PM
That is some great water plopping I see there, the pond and the road curving besides it reminds me of so many places I've seen in real life. Every city should have several of these ponds to keep the people happy and relaxed.

I do have a small question: what plant/bush did you use on the edges of the smallest of the two ponds? Is it one of JRJ's?

Hi Capo Welcome To Waterfalls and thank you for your nice comment and yes that is Jeronji's Ploppable trees an shrubs.... Capo hope to see you back......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tkirch

Pat, I love the pond and the bike trail through there looks perfect.  Would love to jog throught that park.  I have a feeling those small homes around the lake will have some high property values, What a view from their house!!

Pat

Quote from: tkirch on November 02, 2007, 06:58:21 PM
Pat, I love the pond and the bike trail through there looks perfect.  Would love to jog throught that park.  I have a feeling those small homes around the lake will have some high property values, What a view from their house!!

Tkirch thank you for that compliment and that might be a good idea you just gave me about the bike path instead of the road that is currently in place...  Oooh yea the property wealth is pretty high around there and the view is wonderful in the morning....

Well hey all i do have anther update for you and this is Farmington Creek!!!

Well i do love the Rain tool as it helps me get the creek bed set up...

Here you can see some development going on in the background but we
are not talking about that now are we?

Nope we are now looking at the creek as you can see i had to remove some roads,
before i wasn't planning on putting in a creek but seeing how well the reviews where
on the lake well... Needles to say i had to...

Finally you can see the end of the creek's development, again i really love the rain tool...

So till next update i will show some bridges and closer up shots... Thank you all for coming in here
and watching me play with PW errr TPW now lol, but hey i will still might show some old school lol...

Till next time my friends

Patrick............................

TheTeaCat

Just been catching up on all the stuff I've missed and stunning progress you have made my friend. The lake is magnificent &apls I truely love it ;D. Its nice to have a bit more time to visit all my old haunts again ;D

:satisfied:
TTc
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

I have to say, it's been a while since I last posted something here (but I've been popping in now and then to look). I'll be interested to see how this stream turns out. I like the way you use the rain tool to plot it out (unfortunately I usually have a little slope in mine and end up flooding part of the map before it fills... any tips for that?). The lake(s) were really well done, and I like the road that winds between them. I'll be back to see the progress of the stream (and hopefully to leave a slightly more detailed comment).

tooheys

Row, row, row your boat... oops, forgot where I was ::)

Will be watching with interest to see how your bridges work out my friend.

Cheers

Dave

paroch

Hi Pat,

It's been a while since I dropped by.  The twin lakes are pretty cool.  I have to be impressed with the effort and detail you put into your lakes, waterfalls and other water features.  I'm just sooo impatient I want to build build build.  I can only imagine how long it must have taken to achieve that result.

And speak of build build build - I like the building that looks like a series of soft drink cups stacked on top of each other.  Don't recall seeing that before.  eeeeets different and I like eeeeeet.

bat

Great update and wonderful progress! Looking forward to more...

Jmouse

Totally looking forward to seeing the rest of this tutorial. Thanks in advance for sharing your secrets! :D

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Farmington Creek looks splendid, Pat!

I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us here, my friend! I'll be waiting for more!

Pat

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 03, 2007, 11:10:10 AM
Just been catching up on all the stuff I've missed and stunning progress you have made my friend. The lake is magnificent &apls I truely love it ;D. Its nice to have a bit more time to visit all my old haunts again ;D

:satisfied:
TTc

Derry I'm glad to have you back my friend its been a loooooooooong time no see here and you picked a better time to have come back....  Thank you for you compliments my friend and those mean alot to me....  Its nice to know I'm a haunt of yours lol....

Quote from: threestooges on November 03, 2007, 03:26:53 PM
I have to say, it's been a while since I last posted something here (but I've been popping in now and then to look). I'll be interested to see how this stream turns out. I like the way you use the rain tool to plot it out (unfortunately I usually have a little slope in mine and end up flooding part of the map before it fills... any tips for that?). The lake(s) were really well done, and I like the road that winds between them. I'll be back to see the progress of the stream (and hopefully to leave a slightly more detailed comment).

Hey Matt some interesting points you got there for me and right now all i have to say is don't worry... i will doing a mini tut for you and all that come here to Waterfalls on that exact matter how i can get the rain tool to work and my flaws that happend... I'm glad you loved my lakes and the road... I hope to see back soon as well and thank you for coming in here....

Quote from: tooheys on November 03, 2007, 10:35:41 PM
Row, row, row your boat... oops, forgot where I was ::)

Will be watching with interest to see how your bridges work out my friend.

Cheers

Dave

LoL Dave you nut jobber lol.... Thank you for coming in and keeping going here my furry wittle friend... I hope you wont be to disappointed as I'm not showing the exact bridges tonight lol... whooopsie did i say that dang nabit i better watch what i type more often lol...

Quote from: paroch on November 04, 2007, 02:07:16 AM
Hi Pat,

It's been a while since I dropped by.  The twin lakes are pretty cool.  I have to be impressed with the effort and detail you put into your lakes, waterfalls and other water features.  I'm just sooo impatient I want to build build build.  I can only imagine how long it must have taken to achieve that result.

And speak of build build build - I like the building that looks like a series of soft drink cups stacked on top of each other.  Don't recall seeing that before.  eeeeets different and I like eeeeeet.

Welcome back Paroch and thank you soo very much for kind words and thoughts here... Yes it does take some time to get what i want and achieve it too but i think Ive done some good stuff but not as good as Adam Aka Ennedi and his Shosaloza Project!!!...  But the buildings you are wondering about is Ekroe Publishing by NDEX [linkie]

Quote from: bat on November 04, 2007, 04:14:09 AM
Great update and wonderful progress! Looking forward to more...

Hey Bat welcome back here and thank you for your complaints lol naw I'm glad you love what I'm doing here...   ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on November 04, 2007, 09:12:44 AM
Totally looking forward to seeing the rest of this tutorial. Thanks in advance for sharing your secrets! :D

Until next time...
Joan

LoL Joan I'm glad you are lovin it here as well and no problem at all, there are no secrets between friends.......

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 04, 2007, 09:14:36 AM
Farmington Creek looks splendid, Pat!

I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us here, my friend! I'll be waiting for more!

Well Dustin i hope i don't disappoint ya's with this update... lol

oooooooooh as i so love to say and i bet y'all know it by now but hey with out further ado here we gooooo!!!!

Well as you can see here i have taken out some roadway to realign with the
fact of the bridges that need to go in here...

Here you can some bridge work as i begin to save and get out so i can start detailing
with TPW and flora....

A special Teaser to show off as it was supposed to be on the 5th to show but i didn't
stop playing long enough to post right away for the Birthday Bash but hey still its on
going so I'm not to worry lol...

Till we meet again my friends with the next UpDaTe of Waterfalls................

tooheys

If you squint hard enough you can see Pat...OMG  :o

Pat, I'm assuming there is a mix of normal water and ploppable here to get the bridges to draw.

Would be interested to see a closer shot, they seem a little rubbery at this distance (or I've had one too many  :D) Although I think you did say these are not the final bridges.

Have downloaded but not really used the ploppable water yet. Looking at this with interest.

Cheers

Dave

Strechnitz

Great updates Pat, :)

And that's a mighty teasing teaser. I wonder what it will be. ???

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.