• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenwong

sorry for forgot to install the drawpaths chest.....
but the train can't go though the new swtichers....
the red line is not ok but the blue lines are fine ()stsfd()

and also
happy X'mas :) :) :) :) :) <==at HONG KONG(GMT+8)

EDITgardenwong, hey- Merry Christmas to you, too!  Our great friend ebina has already caught and fixed the pathing issue.  It will be in the next bugfix update. -DE
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

j-dub

Merry Christmas
Heres Davids country roads versus a whole mess of various road mods accomplishing the rural road all at once.

Wow. Ploppable 1x1 Roads. I would use them more, if I still had a double yellow line in unzoned, and rural land. The ploppable texture is similar to Tarkus' RHW, and how Videosean originally changed the draggable agriculture and unzoned area road texture, but that since has changed to the solid white lines next to the shoulders.
Maybe since these country road pieces exist, that means we can finally have a solid line on side and dashed on the other? None the less, these are some very merry x-mas gifts.

thundercrack83

Merry Christmas to you and your family, David!

I'll be guessing my view count in a little bit, and I'll be on the lookout for your PM, too!

Enjoy the holiday, my friend!

Dustin

Elektra

oooooo I have a guess......200069   $%Grinno$%
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

dedgren

I'm going to smile just a bit at everyone- with the posts we're working on for tomorrow, we'll probably hit some of the numbers I've seen tomorrow, Christmas day.

I'm just about to get on the seven+ hour flight back to Alaska from Chicago, so I just have a minute, but I'll drop you a clue or two, and let everyone who's guessed have another crack at it.  If you look at last night's post, you'll see that we are almost back up to 800-1,000 views a day, after dropping back to about 500 or so during the 10 days or so earlier this month that I didn't post.  There's seven days (more or less, depending on your time zone) left before the new year.  So, we'll see.

I'll say Merry Christmas Eve for now, as I'll be working on another post this evening on the plane.  I'll wave at Santa out the window for everyone if I see him.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Elektra

Ok then....I wasn't counting it that way but if you say so......205069   ::)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

allan_kuan1992

204000  views by December 31?

- Allan Kuan

sithlrd98

Merry Christmas 3RR ! I hope everyone has a safe one , not too much Eggnog and just because the family brings those delicious pies and cookies doesn't mean you have to lick the plate!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...203,815 views and 6100 replies by December 31....Oh crap , the limb is creaking!  :D

Jayson

Tarkus

I'm going to be really optimistic--208,000 views and 6150 replies.

Merry Christmas to everyone!  Looks like a white one here in Oregon for once--though I'm a bit tired from shoveling snow for 5 hours earlier.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Toichus Maximus

Got an interesting glitch on FAR, to say the least, though it doesn't seem to impede function. I have to study it some more to figure out what is causing it or if it is intrinsic and if it really is benign...

Kooky, huh?

threestooges

Quote from: sithlrd98 on December 24, 2008, 05:48:53 PM
Merry Christmas 3RR ! I hope everyone has a safe one , not too much Eggnog and just because the family brings those delicious pies and cookies doesn't mean you have to lick the plate!
You mean you're not supposed to? But it's so good. Merry Christmas to you all. Hope the time with you son down in Texas was good and I hope the flight goes well. Let me know if you see any signs of Santa up there. as for a guess at the view count... 203980. 6151 for posts (someone just took 6150, heh heh) if you'd like to do that one too.
-Matt

girlfromverona

Could someone please elaborate a little on the STR incompatibility with the RHW? I would really love to be able to use both and was wondering whether it would cause any problems if I just swap the controller in the NAM folder before loading up the game each time, ie. put in the STR controller, load up the game and build a single-track railway, then close the game, swap back to the regular controller, load up the game and build a rural highway, without losing the railway that was previously built. (Hope that made sense!) Does anyone forsee any problems with that approach?

Alternatively, David, could you possibly make a controller that has everything except the STR, so we can use all your other goodies (country roads, etc) without losing the RHW? (It's one of those horrible choices we sometimes have to make...)

Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday period, and that you made it back to Alaska safe and sound, David!  ;D

P.S. My guesses are: 204500 views; 6200 posts.

metarvo

The RHW is one of my favorite SC4 additions, but I have limited my use of it temporarily while I am testing David's new transit features.  Unfortunately, the approach of swapping the controllers won't work as desired.  True, it would allow you to build the RHW again, but problems would arise with any STR segments that you had previously built with the new controller, including the disappearance of the segments.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

girlfromverona

Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads-up, Metarvo!

Jmouse

Lots of exciting test results - hope I can add to them in the next few days.

As for the countdown, the crystal ball sees 205,525 views and 6,230 posts come midnight Dec. 31.

And to all a Merry Christmas
filled with all the peace, joy and love of this wonderful season.
Joan

Tarkus

girlfromverona, to clarify on the STR/RHW incompatibility, the issue is not with the actual STR or RHW .dat files themselves, but with the NAM Controller file.  The NAM Controller file build that David has been sending you guys for the STR Testing is actually the same controller that we're using for NAM internal testing right now, which means it currently includes all the RULs for RHW Version 3.0 Alpha Build 03.

You can actually still use RHW Version 2.0 with the STR Controller, however, the puzzle piece ring does not function properly, and only the RHW-4 Starter Piece is available.  This is because the configuration of the buttons/TAB Loops, which is partly controlled by one of the RUL files in the Controller, was completely changed for RHW Version 3.0.  The only piece that is still in the same location between the two versions is the RHW-4 starter piece.  (The pieces are now sorted by type under separate buttons.)

All the draggable functionality, though, is still there (and you can probably do a few new things with it, even), and as long as you have the RHW Version 2.0 .dat still installed, all of your pre-existing RHWs will still be in your cities and function properly.  

If you remove the STR Controller so that you can use all the RHW puzzle pieces from Version 2.0 again, as long as you leave the STR .dat file in, all your STR stuff will still be in the city--you just will not be able to place any new STR puzzle pieces, and attempting to drag new sections of STR will also not work, since you've "downgraded" to a controller build from before STR was ever even really conceived.

So, in order to get full use of the RHW, you'll either need to switch back-and-forth between controllers, or you'll need a copy of RHW Version 3.0.  The good news is, though, that the public release of RHW Version 3.0 is imminent.  And since it's coming so soon, giving everyone RHW Alpha Build 03 (which is about to be superseded) or an RHW Version 2.0-compatible STR controller would be a moot point. ;)  

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit as of 7:12pm PST: Never mind that . . . I just thought of an interim solution.  As long as you have the icons and exemplars in place for the new RHW Version 3.0 buttons, RHW Version 2.0 should work within the Version 3.0 button arrangement.  I've attached a .dat file with the icons/exemplars for the new buttons below.  You'll probably get a lot of missing pieces showing up in some of them, since they're new additions to Version 3.0, as well as getting a duplicated RHW Starter Pieces button,but you'll at least be able to access all Version 2.0 features this way.  Make sure you remove it when RHW Version 3.0 comes out, though, as it will cause all the icons to be duplicated if you still have it installed.

Hope that helps!

wes.janson

Quote from: Tarkus on December 24, 2008, 07:03:58 PM
The good news is, though, that the public release of RHW Version 3.0 is imminent.

im⋅mi⋅nent

Pronunciation  [im-uh-nuhnt]
–adjective

1. likely to occur at any moment; impending

You do realize we are holding you to that  ;D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

metarvo

Good catch, Alex!  ;)  When I responded to girlfromverona earlier, I was working in a city containing David's new transit addons, with the pre-STR NAM controller installed.  I never thought of leaving the DAT file in.  All I did was relocate the new NAM folder, and insert the old, pre-STR NAM folder into my Plugins folder.  This caused everything that was included in the new set (STR, new FAR/R pieces, and country roads) to become invisible, although a hover query over the tiles that contained these networks prior to the removal of the new controller acknowledges the presence of roads and/or rails in their proper places, even if they can't be seen.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

girlfromverona

Awesome! Thanks so much for that fix, Alex.  :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get my hands on RHW 3.0...

dedgren

Woo hoo, back in Wasilla.  I'd tell you my arms are tired from all that flying, but everyone's heard that joke before.

Anyway...

...no, that's not recycled paper...

Hope everyone's day today is one of peace, family and friends.  Looks like you all have left a lot of new posts under the tree.  I'll be up first thing to read them, and to give you a peek at what I did with the STR during that long plane ride.

Didn't see Santa, but Heather had the window seat...

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax