• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

It's complaining about DirectX...

Started by Gayowulf, September 27, 2008, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gayowulf

EDIT: I downloaded the TF from here instead of Simtropolis.  The zip contained a different file structure and now it works fine.  Still not sure why it worked fine before on my old comp but not the new, though...

I recently got a new computer and I'm trying to get SC4TF to work on it.  I downloaded and unzipped the file the same way I had it on my old computer (where it worked).  But every time I tried to open it, I got a message saying:

QuoteErrors occurred
See the logfile 'SC4Terraformer.exe.log' for details.

I opened the logfile and this is what it says:

QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

I've checked to make sure that I have every file listed in the readme, and I do.  I have the latest DirectX.  I tried installing the April 2006 DirectX but then the Terraformer gave me a different error, saying that DirectX was already in use, followed by the above error message.  It made no changes to the logfile except for adding a blank line at each load attempt (which I didn't even notice until later).  I restarted my computer, but that didn't work.  So I went to Microsoft's website to make sure I have the latest DirectX, downloaded and installed it, and now it's back to the original error message.  But the logfile entry is different now:

QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 83, in ?
  File "terraTools.pyo", line 16, in ?
  File "Image.pyo", line 1717, in open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'datas/mask.png'

I'm running Windows XP and I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor at 3.16GHz each, a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card, and 2GB RAM, so my computer ought to be able to handle almost anything I throw at it (I run graphics-intensive games like Oblivion and The Sims 2 with the settings maxed out no problem).

Any idea what the problem is?

...(because I'm clueless)...
Goodness me, it's been a while.
Once upon a (very long) time (ago) I was working on Calidore: A Steampunk Experiment... maybe that will happen again someday.

If you're thinking I used to have a different name on here... I did. It still me!