• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Crushedcar's Random BAT's

Started by crushedcar, January 06, 2009, 06:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crushedcar

It's been a while since I did any serious BATing, but I've started playing SC4 again. The works I present here are just the ones that have passed my random doodling stage and have a chance of being completed. Here is the first one.

Alfred.Jones

CC! Good to see you back!
Looking good so far. Can't wait for more.

Sim City 4 Devotion

Pat

ooo wow cc that is looking grand!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

crushedcar

I'd like to hear you're opinon on the glass. Was the glass better in the first picture or in this picture?

SimGoober

This glass texture looks better, though now you need to put something inside the building...   :D
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Orange_o_

yes i think the second is better  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Pat

Hey CC much better in the second one honestly!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

crushedcar

Ok, I haven't posted in a while, but I do have some stuff to show now. The building above (Iris Capitol Building as per my planned CJ/MD) is in the detailing stage. Thus, I have no picture and may not for a while as I am currently rebuilding my roof junk files (I haven't made any on my current hard drive).

I do have these to show you, however.
This is my slightly modified F5 known as the FA/5 Gryphon (another CJ/MD thing). It is slightly larger than a standard F5, and only lacks some detailing...

Before I can place it on my version of this (currently in intial development.)

This is a GDI Aircraft Carrier from Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars. My version will be the same basic shape, but will be more to scale, will support JATO and VTOL aircraft and have a slightly more realistic look.

crushedcar

Okay, time for another update.

I'm having trouble deciding on the placement of roof junk for the Iris Capitol Building. Thus, I have moved to nighttexturing the windows. I'm showing this picture so that you can suggest what I should do. I only ask that you keep these two facts in mind 1) The building has a 9x9 SC4 tiles or so footprint 2) It is a Capitol Building.

Also I found this little beauty on an older computer. It is based off a F117, and will be used on my upcoming aircraft carrier and be released on a separate lot.

Pat

ooo CC the planes are looking real sweet there and as well the capital building!!!

crushedcar

Here's my first ever boat. I designed this one based off an image from Popular Meachanics. This is an accurate scale although fictional Aircraft Carrier dubbed the Orca Supercarrier. Some quick dimensions 380m long, 124m wide, about 50m underwater and 18m above. Fear it  $%#Ninj2

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

crushedcar

Okay, another day, another update. I'm also asking that if you have any suggestions (doable with GMAX) that you post them soon. Very few of my other projects have made it to this stage. I think all of those made it SC4. This one is in the home stretch.

Current Status
Major Modelling-100% (this will not be changed)
Detailing 50-60% (need suggestions)
Nightlighting 20-30% (open to suggestions)

Plaza at Night

Pat

CC that boat your right I do fear it!!! Far as the capitol building is going looking good and night lights I think Simfox has made a tut on how to trunite over at ST or even here I just dont remember where he put it lol.... Also I would love to see this lite up w/trunite...

crushedcar

Pat-thanks. Unfortunately, I doubt that I will be able to use truNite for this as it will be rendered with GMAX.

Edited the Orca Supercarrier more today. I changed the water line. The pervious version was to low and would have required one to dregde the area to 50+m underwater (at which point all underwater detail would probably be lost). The new waterline requires a much more conservative 32 m water depth. The ship is now about 24m above and 32m below. Other Editions to this model include the FA-5s and B3s(F117s) seen earlier in this thread, the addition of the bridge area, and some (rail)gun batteries. Additionally the texturing and editing process has begun. The only major change I foresee is the changing of the hull. Currently it is two pieces but, I plan to change it to one single piece. Again suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome. Picture is Zoom 5 1:2. Yeah, its that big!

crushedcar

I have finished nightmapping windows for the Iris Capitol Building. That leaves actual nightlighting (A pain I'm sure), and some roof and garden details. For now enjoy these pics showing all four night angles at zoom 4 (because otherwise I can't show the whole building.)

Pat

Hey CC looking real sweet there on the Iris Capital Building!!!  :thumbsup:  To bad you wont be able to trunite with Gmax that bites... Cant wait to see it with the final lighting and also the garden too!!

crushedcar

crushedcar

This may be the last update on the Iris Capitol Building. If no one voices any suggestions or objections by 9:00 PM CST tomorrow I will send this off for rendering. I have not altered the night lighting since the last pictures of that. This is a high quality zoom 4 shot.

sim-al2

Looks nice. Can I ask that you add some small ferns or something in the garden? I'm also concerned that the terraces are too blank.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")