• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Very nice, but the texture on the roof isn't very aesthetic ()sad()

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

Very nice work, Arthur! I particularly like the crane!
Guillaume, Arthur said that he'll redo the roof ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

aNdi

these last few projects look very cool!
But what about that tall red one? I would really like to have this one in the game  :thumbsup:
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

art128

Thanks Guillaume, Ioan and aNdi !

I found a  small problem today when I redone the roof.
Well, I done a line that I extrude and then I do some edit mesh, when I want to place textures, nothing happened except that the extruded line change the color from for example orange and it comes withe, white as snow.. And when I want to render, it show a small windows that said -
Here's an illustration picture :

thanks in advance for the future helps !

-Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

aNdi

I'm not sure whether I can help you (I'm using another program) but I do know this problem aswell. It mostly happened if you extrude the outlines and change the model then yet again by Mesh without going back to the "lines-section". But the texture should be there in the preview actually. have you been taken a loot at the preview yet?
So just a small tip: never change the Mesh before you added the tetxure ;)
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

art128

Thanks for the fast answer, Andi ! I will try that later today.  :)

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

SimFox

That's quite faithful reconstruction!!
Only thing that I would change is gradients... At the moment they are too "intrusive" may be you could try to ease on them a bit...

Also when making beauty shot it is very good to have shadows there, they help to define the shape of your object

gottago

Just found your thread arthur and you are a natural talent at bat. The train station is wonderful, the model you chose is very handsome, and it is great to see one that is faithful to RL and long enough to be realistic. Great work.

The only thing that caught my eye are the pillars holding  up the platform's roof--they look a bit too thick structurally, but maybe they are just placeholders for now?

Nardo69

I like the developement!

About the platform roof's thickness: It depends on their construction.

If the roof is made out of concrete (there are some examples from the fiftis and sixties - both support and roof could be a bit thicker due to their dead weight.

If the roof is made out of metal the support is ok if it is a concrete support. However metal roof are rarely plain. Most of the time the newer constructions use standing seam sheets - just have a look at Kalzip or Zambelli - two rather well known producers, there are more of them.

If the support is a steel support it is too round - those suports are mostly I- or box profiles.

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's just impressive, and I say: excellent Arthur &apls

L'atelier d'architecture

psander5

It's great that you're making Tampere station!  It's true that this is a type of station that we could always use more of, but more than that, Tampere is my favourite city in the world! Sure it's not Paris, New York, St Petersburg, but I like it! More Tampere buildings are always welcome!  I've actually made one myself that's waiting to be lotted.

Your version is coming along nicely.  It looks pretty much how I remember it.  Are you planning to integrate the underpass into the model?

art128

psander5 - Thanks ! hmm the underpass... I'm not sure, it will be difficult in SC4 to do it.. the same with the "total recreation" because the tracks are 2 floors upper than the entrance, will be difficult to do.. If you have idea, suggestion to do it, fell free to ask !  ;D

Bernhard - Thanks ! The pillars are concrete, and the roof too ..  :D

Gottago - Thanks a bunch, well, the same as Barnhard !  :D

Simfox - Thanks a million for commenting here, you're a god to me ! Well, can you point out me how to do this ? :D Gradient and shadow, I've seen your discussion about the shadow in one of your thread, I think it's that right ?  if yes, I've try but the result isn't as I wanted :/

Props & Texture Catalog

psander5

I understand.  I hadn't thought about the levels.  It would be difficult indeed to make the underpass possible.  The only way I can think of doing it is by making the station FLUPs compatible by making the model overhang the lot.  Tricky but not impossible.

I don't think it's really necessary to include the underpass though.  There aren't many people that would miss it, and to make the lot overcomplicated might just be confusing in the end. 

It'll still be great in any case!

citymax

SimFox

I've sent you PM on Simtropolis...
I'll try to illustrate it as soon as I'll have a time and access for needed programs...

art128

Thanks !

To wait here's two shoot of the W2W corner building. It's almost finished, just need to make the other side of it. $

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Very nice, but the chimeys on the roof, their colours are not so nice ::)

L'atelier d'architecture

art128

What do you don't like exactly with the color of the chimneys ?

Props & Texture Catalog

BarbarossaS

I think Guillaume means the green color. That looks a bit off, compared to the rest of the building.
Everything else is looking great though, keep up the good work!

-Stijn-