• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Unbelievable! Nothing more need be said!

Dustin

metarvo

I'm starting to get back into playing SC4 now that some of my RL problems are behind me, so I would be happy to offer my services and test this for you.  It certainly does look good, David!  :)

EDIT:  Unfortunately, I'm having problems running SC4 now, so I don't know if I'll be able to do this or not.  :'(

EDIT 2: SC4 is running for me now.  The game is on!  :D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

yochananmichael

Hello David,

Sorry I have been gone so long. I am now becoming a father again for the second time. I love what you have done with 3RR keep it up. I hope to get back into the game sometime soon.

Greywolf (John Michael)
If you can't run with the pack don't run at all

djvandrake

Very impressive work!  Looks great.

ecoba

Great work, David. I'll alpha test them!

Ethan

bat

Great, David! Looking forward to more... :)

dedgren

So, here's this morning's project.

Two new textures- two more steps down the road.

'Grats, Dustin (thundercrack83), for your latest trip to the Double-0 club.  Might be worth your while, my friend, to take another peek later on this weekend...

Here's the list of alpha testers I've made thus far.  Thanks for all the interest!

bthersh (in answer to your PM- I'll do a post filling everyone in right before I send them out)
ecoba
metarvo (sorry about the SC4 problems, my friend- PM me and let me know how we can get them sorted out)
Battlecat
mayorfabz
io_bg
canyonjumper
riiga

Anyone else?

Stay tuned.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

just_a_guy

They sure look great :thumbsup: I'll be glad to help with the alpha test.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

ShultzCity

Brilliant!!

I'd be more than happy to give them a go in some rural conditions :)
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

dedgren

Be careful!  This might leave a hole in the bottom of your computer.

It's a visual list of the game default textures and my take on including them in RealRoads.  If you see any favorites I've, err... overlooked, make sure you let me know.

...helllllllloooooooooooo, up there...

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Korot

0x1200 seems to be a ortho/diagonal transition, so I suggest you'd include it in the real roads. I also wonder for what 0x1100 is used, but I can agree with your other rejections. BTW: Are you sure this are all textures?

Regards,
Korot

ldvger

David-

Fantastic work, as always, the Real Roads look beautiful and I'm impressed with your thoroughness regarding all the possible combinations.

I'd love to volunteer to beta test, but I'm not playing SC4 these days (my poor MD is languishing in the "Inactive" file) due to teaching myself 3D modeling via Google's "SketchUp".  I've got 3 stories of a 4 story building near complete and am having the time of my life.  Someone said I may be able to translate SketchUp files to the BAT and if so, look out! 

On top of which, I actually have a paying drafting project in my office right now, the first one in over a year.  It's a teensy tiny project, a 2 car garage with a small apartment on the second floor, and I'm doing the work for less than half of my usual fee, but hey it's work!  This new client, an unemployed single family new homes realtor, has already referred me to his sister-in-law, who also has a small garage project she needs drafted up, so maybe my eons long dry spell is coming to an end.  One can only hope...

Lora/LD

dragonshardz

I'd love to alpha test! Sign me up!

dedgren

Miserable stinking RUL 10000002s...

It has taken me all day to figure out the overrides for this.

Just when I was getting cocky.

UPDATE:  Yes, just when I was getting cocky...

I don't want to discourage anyone, but the idea of writing an entire RUL set for a road network is pretty daunting.  Since many of the RealRoad textures flow over onto adjacent gamesquares, there's a lot of coding involved.  And, right now, I'm using the default road RULs as a crutch.  Once RealRoads, in order to mesh with the NAM, are decoupled from that existing framework I don't quite know what will happen.  I'm convinced that this is the way to go for rural roads, but I'm entering uncharted territory here.

So, bear with me.  That pic you just saw- I can crank the textures needed out in a few minutes.  The coding takes a bit longer, but I'm getting better at it.  My guess is that the alpha test will not be a day at the beach.  We'll see.

UPDATE2:  Yep.  Two more textures.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

penguin007

Huge project here my friend but if there is anyone who can do it its you so keep up the great work the textures look awesome!!

Will

CaptCity

Looking oh so good, and...

Quote from: dedgren on February 06, 2010, 07:48:56 PMMy guess is that the alpha test will not be a day at the beach.

Never did like the beach...    ;)    Will be glad to tackle the alpha if you still need testers.

yochananmichael

Amazing work as usual David, keep up the good work.
Greywolf (John Michael)
If you can't run with the pack don't run at all

BigSlark

David,

Fantastic work! I'm loving these textures!

I'd like to be an Alpha Tester please, if its not too late...

I'm glad to see that you're back.

Peace,
Kevin

Shadow Assassin

Interesting stuff here.

What's going to happen once you get it all SAMified? Hopefully the RUL file can handle the changes you've made - and hopefully it can be ported to the new override network with ease...

What's next, realAvenues? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

sneeks in and is shocked to see some wonderful stuff!!! David love the double heck no there  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie