• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some American Football fields

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 28, 2007, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Riot

Im scared by how accurate that is considering the quality of the pic. good job.

Chrisadams3997

Eh, doin' my best ;)

Here's the more or less finished version of the XiaHouDun field I showed earlier, with the earlier pic just for comparison since the page flipped.

XiahouDun

Looks great. I'm amuzed that the dead spot at the ten yard line in the bottom left shows up. They've tried everything to get grass to live there, and for some reason it always dies :D Hoffa maybe? &idea
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Chrisadams3997

Hoffa, no I wouldn't know anything about that... :-X $%Grinno$%

Here's my last pics for yall before I head out of town, so you'll have to enjoy these for a while.  Some ingame comparisons

I'm rather pleased with the results so far, though I might darken up Xia's track a little.

XiahouDun

The all look great Definately going to use these for my high schools.

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

thundercrack83

I'm rather pleased with the results so far...

And so am I! Magnificent job, my friend! Magnificent job!

Pat Riot

Wow, awesome work chris. The only one id work on is the brown track, the others really blend in well but the brown is too clean and just sticks out.

Diggis

Chris, if I were to prepare an overlay of a rugby field, any chance of getting some fields done for that?  There is one, which is the prettiest grass I have seen, deep green, not like 20 guys in boots have run on it.  :P

If it's too much hassel no worries, if not, let me know what size (in pixles) you need it.  I was thinking if I do a PNG with the markings you can overlay it over the grass?

rooker1

OMG... :o .....this is just too perfect.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Chrisadams3997

Thanks alot everyone!  really appreciate it.

Diggis, it wouldn't be difficult at all, I've got everything set up with layers so I can just pull the football markings and place yours on the grass instead.  Just make sure that it's in a format where I can take the markings off of it easily to make into a layer(if you do a png, don't give it transparency, instead just set the markings against a darker background, preferably green.)  As for size, the width of the field should be about 600-620 pixels, and set the length according to the normal aspect ratio for a rugby field(I'm not familair with their dimensions myself, but it won't be hard to find ;D)  Actually I realize I need to take part of that back.  In my present textures, 160ft is equal to 620 pixels, so every foot(you'll have to convert from meters if it's in that) is 3.875 pixels, same thing for the length.  Keeping both in that same scale will keep the 'grain' of the grass the same.  After that it's just a matter of deciding which grass textures to put it on.

I won't be back on till Sunday evening at earliest, but I'll try to check in then.

thanks again everyone for your support, that what makes this worthwhile,
Chris

Diggis

Cheers, I'm not sure about the width of a rugby field, can look it up easy enough, but it's 100m long from tryline to tryline.  I can't do anything till early next week, but will do white lines on a black backround so you can pull the lines out easy.

bwatterud

These look awesome, although shorter, "H" shaped goal posts would look better on Pat Riot's field (not sure if it would possible the way you're using random prop families though). 

XiahouDun

Quote from: bwatterud on October 06, 2007, 11:23:37 PM
These look awesome, although shorter, "H" shaped goal posts would look better on Pat Riot's field (not sure if it would possible the way you're using random prop families though). 
Yeah, the two fields that have the slight soccer field lines should have the H style goals (which are used for fields that split between the two sports).

DFire870

Really? I've never seen H-shaped goal posts for fields that are used for both football and soccer... From what I've seen, during soccer season they put the soccer goal things in front of the football goal posts.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

bwatterud

The main reason I mentioned the "H" shaped goal posts was because they are generally used on older or more rural( &ops) fields, like Pat Riot's really torn up field, and to a lesser extent XiaHouDun's field.  The new, shiny, tall goal posts scream "our school just spent 2 million renovating our football field," and look sort of out of place on a field that is torn up, like Pat Riot's. 

Pat Riot

rural?!!!  :bomb: :angrymore: suburban....id kill myself if i lived in a rural area... Our goal posts im pretty sure are the regular ones.

bwatterud

Quote from: Pat Riot on October 07, 2007, 10:27:36 AM
rural?!!!  :bomb: :angrymore: suburban....id kill myself if i lived in a rural area... Our goal posts im pretty sure are the regular ones.
&ops

I was just saying that the field would look better with the "H" goal posts, or at least shorter regular ones.   

XiahouDun

Quote from: DFire870 on October 07, 2007, 06:20:33 AM
Really? I've never seen H-shaped goal posts for fields that are used for both football and soccer... From what I've seen, during soccer season they put the soccer goal things in front of the football goal posts.
There are 2 kind of H goalposts. The ones with the single crossbar are for like you mentioned, because they stand up to wind and stress better. The others have a double crossback, where the bottom bar is the top of the goal, and the top bar is the bottom of the field goal.

Pat Riot

bwatterud -yes thats why i should never try to include jokes or fake being offended in my posts  ;D personally, i agree with you, but somehow i think we have the regular posts.

XiahouDun -yes, that picture is an example of what cracks the top 10 in my list of "10 ugliest sports inventions ever".

XiahouDun

Quote from: Pat Riot on October 07, 2007, 03:28:09 PMXiahouDun -yes, that picture is an example of what cracks the top 10 in my list of "10 ugliest sports inventions ever".
Ugly, but effective :D